• Replies 32
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Have you got one Dave ?

No, when I ask Ernie about it he was a little sparse with the info, just said they all sold as soon as it was pressed. Don't think it ever saw sight of a U.S. shop, a few have been seen in Detroit I'm sure Ernie would have let DJ's like Foody, Butterball, Jay Butler etc have a copy to see if there was any interest in the local market. But if there had been then you can be sure he would have pressed a bunch more.

Dave

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

I thought this had been done to death.

Actually, the last time this topic was up for discussion on here Steve G categorically stated that the scan of the original Silver Spoon 7" was, and I quote, "not a real 45".

Steve also wrote "when the scan appeared on Clarkie's list, I asked him about it at great Yarmouth and he told me it was a wind up":

:thumbup:

post-1392-12657312677635_thumb.jpg

post-1392-12657312677635_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

I thought this had been done to death.

The question should be when was this released ? Don't think it was contemporary with the LP

Is it a legit release ? yes, Earnest Kelly in Detroit had something to do with it

How many were pressed ? not many, no more than 500

Where are they ? Mostly in Japan at a guess

what is on the flip?

Social source share

Just re-read the thread of which i posted a few replies on.................................and ended with the consensus that it was a wind up!

Are we now saying there IS a 45 and this isn't/wasn't a wind up?

Steve

its on ian clarkles latest list in the auction section.

rupe

Social source share

And throw the rest of us for a loop. Certainly would make sense. :lol:

I am not that cynical folks. :ohmy:

Clarkie did tell me it was a wind up when I asked him about it at Yarmouth. Anyway let's see if anyone actually gets it. I've never been afraid of eating my hat if I get something wrong and Dave T's comment about Ernest Kelly is interesting - so if it does exist is it being suggested that it was not a contemporary release at the time of the album but something done some time later?

The plot thickens.

Social source share

I am not that cynical folks. :thumbup:

Clarkie did tell me it was a wind up when I asked him about it at Yarmouth. Anyway let's see if anyone actually gets it. I've never been afraid of eating my hat if I get something wrong and Dave T's comment about Ernest Kelly is interesting - so if it does exist is it being suggested that it was not a contemporary release at the time of the album but something done some time later?

The plot thickens.

Clarkies just emailed me . Its REAL ! he found it in South Carolina... b-side is "Loving you " . Hes got loads on this list , Imperial C's mint - etc , so best get on the dog and bone or fax him Steve !! 01692 403158

Simon:thumbup:hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

No, that one definitely exists. And it's also a slightly different version than on the LP (basically the same backing track, but the lead and backing vocals are not the same).

Yes it exists Sebastian. Discussed in a previous thread on here cant find at mo '

I had two copies direct from label owner upon release so isnt a myth .thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Clarkies just emailed me . Its REAL ! he found it in South Carolina... b-side is "Loving you " . Hes got loads on this list , Imperial C's mint - etc , so best get on the dog and bone or fax him Steve !! 01692 403158

Simon:thumbup::hatsoff2:

I too have had an email from Clarkie saying the same thing thumbsup.gif

Who's got some salt & pepper to add a bit of flavour to Mr Guacamole's Panama :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

The story thickens, just spoken to Ian on the phone. He says that he told Steve at Yarmouth that it was real and it would be going out on a list soon. So Mr G bit of a curved one there then:D

Anyway he has one and it's for sale for the'right money', he also tried some years to get to the bottom of the story about it's release and came up with about as much as me. Very small pressing either about the time of the LP or a little after, very few ever saw life in the U.S., but it does seem that a few got out to a few DJ's, the rest were sold wholesale to ?????

Social source share

The story thickens, just spoken to Ian on the phone. He says that he told Steve at Yarmouth that it was real and it would be going out on a list soon. So Mr G bit of a curved one there thenbiggrin.gif

What me a curved ball? :thumbup::yes: :yes:

At this rate I'll be eating Gavin's famous "sock" at Yarmouth :yes:

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

110076768907.jpg

buy the album , it's cheaper ! whistling.gif

Would agree with that now Scott? but as a Lp owner weren't you slightly miffed, when "Think About It" was reissued as a Uk 45 some years back, I sure was yes.gif .

And now this............................................................. forward and on eh.............whistling.gif .

Edited by Nick Harrison
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert