The Magnetics - Lady In Green

Bigsoulman

It's as rare as Lester Tipton, up until mid to late 80's only 4 known copies all from Martin Koppell back in early 70's, Martin kept one for himself Bob Foster (North Wales) brought the other 3 copies back to the UK.

That one came over to the UK as well when Martin sold up.

It's one thing finding a copy, but it's hard to find one that doesn't hiss, or have cracks. The one that just sold sounded ok.

Social source share

• Replies 64
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Netspeaky

That one came over to the UK as well when Martin sold up.

It's one thing finding a copy, but it's hard to find one that doesn't hiss, or have cracks. The one that just sold sounded ok.

Spun my nice clean copy last saturday at Broughton Wings.

Edited by Netspeaky
Social source share

It's as rare as Lester Tipton, up until mid to late 80's only 4 known copies all from Martin Koppell back in early 70's, Martin kept one for himself Bob Foster (North Wales) brought the other 3 copies back to the UK.

In reality Bob Foster only ever had one copy. He sold it to Soul Sam after a Colwyn Bay Pier Allnighter in 1978. Bob was living in Clifton road in Llandudno then & getting rid of a lot of his Detroit rarities. This of course was one the rarest !

Best Regards Ricardo. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

In reality Bob Foster only ever had one copy. He sold it to Soul Sam after a Colwyn Bay Pier Allnighter in 1978. Bob was living in Clifton road in Llandudno then & getting rid of a lot of his Detroit rarities. This of course was one the rarest !

Best Regards Ricardo. thumbsup.gif

i have that copy now via chris Plant and Andy Spencer

Social source share

Guest claude rains

i have that copy now via chris Plant and Andy Spencer

Think its some how reassuring to have some history of whom had records before you owned them yourself.

I love that idea that records like music should never be owned and are just in our keeping for a certain time.

I say never owned, I mean that we obviously own the vinyl, but the spirit or soul that it contains is never ours.

We just get the honour of posessing a wonderful piece of art, until its time for some one else too.

I bought my Troy Dodds "Try my Love" El Camino ( Issue) off of Val palmer, she had bought it off Alan Handscombe.

He once told me he had bought at Stafford and possibly by someone whom played it there.

Would love to know when that sound was broken and whom played it, presume it was covered.

Sorry for goin off thread "Lady In Green" is a fantastic record, but prefer "When I'm With my Baby", though that maybe another Magnetics not the same group?

Social source share

NYC at a guess

Indeed it did. Although for some reason, I was under the impression that the winning bidder already had the record.

On a side note, wasn't there someone who claimed a couple of years ago (falsely) that quantity was found on this and was able to secure a copy (or 2) from people who were afraid to hold on to a record that had turned up in quantity?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert