Little Britain Does Ns

Paul-s

https://www.northerns...ge_1606195.html

Is the for real? Please, please say its a hoax?

REMEMBER...... keep repeating the move before speeding it up - keep pausing the DVD until you are confident with the move before moving on. This is particularly relevant to the intermediate DVD's which are quite complicated.

Edited by paul-s
Social source share

• Replies 465
  • Views 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I just wanna curl up & die of embarrassment.......is this really what this once great scene has become, I truly dispair. Can we pse re - name the scene for those that are actually genuinely in to what 'was' NS, to disassociate our selves from this kinda toe curling dross......there are proper 'soulies' no longer with us, who will be spinning in thier graves at this, we once had something to be proud of, we're now a laughing stock to anyone who has even a passing interest & you know what, the vast majority of the punters these days, dont care & have no perception of why this kinda thing is soooooo wrong.

It makes we wanna weep........

Russ

Social source share

I just wanna curl up & die of embarrassment.......is this really what this once great scene has become, I truly dispair. Can we pse re - name the scene for those that are actually genuinely in to what 'was' NS, to disassociate our selves from this kinda toe curling dross......there are proper 'soulies' no longer with us, who will be spinning in thier graves at this, we once had something to be proud of, we're now a laughing stock to anyone who has even a passing interest & you know what, the vast majority of the punters these days, dont care & have no perception of why this kinda thing is soooooo wrong.

It makes we wanna weep........

Russ

If you wonder what the noise in the background is whilst you are reading this thread , it is the bottom of the barrel being scraped .....

From the site .......

Calendar Of Events

Northern Soul Dance Beginners All-Dayer ( 10:30 - February 20th , 2010 )

Beginners all-dayer dance tuition course . Limited to 10 people on each course . Fantastic day full of great dance moves . You can book your place on our webshop . Lunch included .

Perrrr - leeeese !

Malc Burton

Social source share

How about reserving judgement until you see it?

You never know it could be great :thumbup:

It will be , for her slogan is " Teaching the Dance - Keeping the Faith "

I do hope she has obtained the rights to the songs that are played in the background of the tuition DVD , whilst she demonstrates the movements :thumbup: .....

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

How about we all chip in and get her to come to a venue? :thumbup:

No , she would bring Dustbin along ......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I've not been out and about much recently, nothing much is inspiring me in the UK at the moment, quite the opposite in fact. Maybe a six week course could restore my faith in soul music and take my mind off driving my car in fast but ultimately pointless circles? Where do I sign up?

Social source share

Nah, just book ten of the best dancers onto her beginners course...............

Sharon verus Trikster.....12 rounds of Two and a Half minutes each......1 knock down drop back spin to decide.....wheres Frank Warren this has got to be a winner :boxing:

Edited by EmJayGee
Social source share

It gets worse :thumbup:

Sharon has been dancing since she was 8 years old, her dancing began in Preston, Lancashire at a dance studio called 'Dancers' - her teacher was Nick Attack, a fantastic dancer and a truly nurturing teacher.

Thinking about it, I remember DJ'ing at a soul night at Dancers a good few years ago.

Social source share

If you wonder what the noise in the background is whilst you are reading this thread , it is the bottom of the barrel being scraped .....

From the site .......

Calendar Of Events

Northern Soul Dance Beginners All-Dayer ( 10:30 - February 20th , 2010 )

Beginners all-dayer dance tuition course . Limited to 10 people on each course . Fantastic day full of great dance moves . You can book your place on our webshop . Lunch included .

Perrrr - leeeese !

What about lacing the Lunch with Speed ready for the afternoon session..................whistling

Social source share

no one ever needed to be "taught" how to dance...if its in you, it comes naturally....for generations some people have learned the art of dancing faster than others, particularly northern soul...I DONT KNOW WHAT EVERYBODY ON THIS THREAD THINKS BUT SOME SMALL SCHOOL IS SMALL BEER COMPARED TO THE "SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE?" TRASH ON TERRESTRIAL TV...dustbin should've compared that!!

rob.h

Social source share

It gets worse :thumbup:

Sharon has been dancing since she was 8 years old, her dancing began in Preston, Lancashire at a dance studio called 'Dancers' - her teacher was Nick Attack, a fantastic dancer and a truly nurturing teacher.

Is he the brother of Massive ?

Malc Burton

Social source share

I wanted to highlight and comment on that earlier, but thought better of it : seeing as you have Roberto, damn the torpeoes !!

Would lunch be supplied by the shopping centre arcade cafe that Dustin also has an interest in ?

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest Decroco

Is this like 'Line dancing' but with far better music ????

I have heard that Steve - little-stevie - Cato has already booked as it's in his home town.

Social source share

REMEMBER...... keep repeating the move before speeding it up - keep pausing the DVD until you are confident with the move before moving on. This is particularly relevant to the intermediate DVD's which are quite complicated.

if you go to "testimonials" is that you paul third one down with this quote,rolleyes.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Got the DVD the other day. Superb, very very good how you break down the steps. All I need to do now is set up the spare tv in the kitchen & were off. I will soon be ready for the next one.(Paul)

https://www.northernsouldance.co.uk/page_1569218.html

Social source share

When you have completed these lessons you can go here for the advanced ones here

https://www.danceology.org.uk/northern-soul-dance/advanced-ns-dance-class

dear o dear these will soon be more numerous than soul nites..... franchised by mr winsinolaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Social source share

Guest Heartnsoul

Is this like 'Line dancing' but with far better music ????

I have heard that Steve - little-stevie - Cato has already booked as it's in his home town.

'My achey breaky heart needs a break', anyone?

Edited by Heartnsoul
Social source share

How about we all chip in and get her to come to a venue? laugh.gif

Joan

She does not need to wussy taught her everthing , she may be appearing

at a shopping centre sometime in the futureohmy.giflaugh.gif ive also heard she may be judging the world northern soul dancin championshipsph34r.gif

Edited by Naughty Boy
Social source share

if you go to "testimonials" is that you paul third one down with this quote,rolleyes.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Got the DVD the other day. Superb, very very good how you break down the steps. All I need to do now is set up the spare tv in the kitchen & were off. I will soon be ready for the next one.(Paul)

https://www.northernsouldance.co.uk/page_1569218.html

No one in the testimonials mentioned the lunch that was provided : it cannot have been up to

much .........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Ive heard these are now banned at the dayers, some have been caught smuggling gear in under the dolls leg warmers, the tell tale signs was the pro plus bottle bulged too much:laugh::laugh:

Northern Soul Dance - 6-Week Courses

Our 6-week courses are designed around anyone who lives quite locally. These courses are great fun and great value. There is a maximum of 10 students on each course and the courses run at 1 hour sessions over a 6 week period. We hold beginners and intermediate level courses throughout the year. You will learn a different move in each 1 hour session and because it is run over 6-weeks, there is plenty of time to practice before the next weeks session. A mix of ladies and gents are welcome.

Thank ferk for that : I was concerned you were expected to just get out there and make a twat of yourself .......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Northern Soul Dance - 6-Week Courses

Our 6-week courses are designed around anyone who lives quite locally. These courses are great fun and great value. There is a maximum of 10 students on each course and the courses run at 1 hour sessions over a 6 week period. We hold beginners and intermediate level courses throughout the year. You will learn a different move in each 1 hour session and because it is run over 6-weeks, there is plenty of time to practice before the next weeks session. A mix of ladies and gents are welcome.

Thank ferk for that : I was concerned you were expected to just get out there and make a twat of yourself .......

Malc Burton

the advanced lessons there may be a modules for floor etiquette, chinstroking, dresscodes,

Social source share

It might look cheesy to us but come down south and find out how many people think they are into Northern Soul but haven't got a clue how to dance. And

there's even more that turn up at do's but feel too intimidated to hit the floor. She should set up down here 'cos anything that would stop people dancing

as though they've still got a Lambretta stuck between their legs would be a good thing IMO.

I doubt the uninitiated would be interested in her tuition, rather those that feel they just can't get it right on a night out. Look at the youtube vids of the youngsters

in Japan coaching others at their open air sessions in the park - fantastic enthusiasm and a willingness to learn/teach. You never been to a do and found a side room

where some bloody good dancers are showing one another how to hit certain moves? Private tuition in my book. All this "you have to feel the music and just do your

own thing" is obviously bollox otherwise there wouldn't be so many dancing very similarly to one another. It's just that most have had balls to imitate and practice on

a proper "live" dancefloor at some stage in their lives.

She's making a living out of combining two of her interests. Unfortunately with one of them being the great underground music scene, Northern Soul, she's

gonna get a right slating. How dare she!

Fair play to her is what I say. thumbsup.gif

.............I'll get my coat (goin line dancing).

• Up vote 1
Social source share

569486.jpgThis is Sharon & kenny on the day they shot the DVD

apparently it was manic which was why Kenny couldn't get his belt of his arm after shooting up.

Don't mix drugs with dancing Kids

I think the hat really captures the northern soul ethos (so much so that Cunnie had to get one) i'm pleased you wrote that John-Bez got upset with me at City Limitshatsoff2.gif

Social source share

Guest Heartnsoul

the advanced lessons there may be a modules for floor etiquette, chinstroking, dresscodes,

Yeah, heard there's a few special one day workshops too:

'Science - Make your own fine grade talculm powder'

'Origami - constructing the perfect wrap'

'Languages - How to talk utter b*****cks at 3 am in the moring'

:smile:

'

Social source share

She's making a living out of combining two of her interests. Unfortunately with one of them being the great underground music scene, Northern Soul, she's gonna get a right slating. How dare she!

Fair play to her is what I say. thumbsup.gif

This (or a similar) type thread was posted a few years ago and the general concensus was as most have posted on this thread, ie it's pretty comical....... which I agreed with, however.....

If people want to waste their cash on NS dance lessons then thats their choice, you can now get lessons in just about every other type and style of dance - so why not northern?......the scene has long since stopped being 'Underground' (the internet and a disposable income put a stop to that) so taking money off people for dance lessons is little different than all the other ways 'todays' scene has found to relieve people of their 'hard earned'......

........ and lets be honest, I'm sure we all know somebody who could benefit from a few lessons.... :laugh:

Edited by Teapot
Social source share

Hi Paul. Alright we're still in the recession and shes making a little bit of money, i cant blame her for that. You cant teach anyone to dance IMO. Northern to me is more than baggy trousers and a few back drops and carrying a record box about, its all down to passion at the end of the day and the way of life. You gotta feel it to appreciate it. Anyway hope to see you at Lifeline.

Billy

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I bet she's lovin' all this free advertising you lot are giving her whistling.gif

Agreed Chalky, to be honest i just ignore stuff like this, it's got bugger all to do with anything i enjoy about the scene. Same as crappy bootleg oldies nights.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

laugh.gif

Ironically once you've been taught how to dance, she teaches you how to sit in the record bar all night and moan about the music. It's the complete course thumbup.gif

Social source share