That Driving Beat, Leeds

For us, this is the highlight of our month & once again it failed to disappoint.

A massive thank you for the lovely Alison for driving us all there & back & to the lovely Claire S for the haircut,beautiful flowers,wine & cider & the stuff for the kids & for buying our beer,it is really lovely of you & we both love your company. We feel like we've known you for years.

Brill to see Maark there & it was lovely chatting to Bev,especially as you knew Dee in a previous lifelaugh.gif

We never knew you were Marks sister.

Thought the music was outstanding.

K & D xx

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A very entertaining night, both musically and socially! Chalky (I think) played half out of his Lifeline box and half great oldies, and I really do think that residents Rich, Azza and Eddie complement each other very well in making sure that all bases are covered (R&B right through to '70's and Latin). Numbers probably suffered a bit due to Crofton and Soul or Nothing being on the same night, but still a good atmosphere to the place - you just can't beat a basement venue!

See folks next month, really looking forward to Mr Croasdell's visit.........

PS Thanks to Rich Buckley for his hospitality - music 'til Stupid O'Clock and a bacon butty in the morningthumbsup.gif

A very entertaining night, both musically and socially! Chalky (I think) played half out of his Lifeline box and half great oldies, and I really do think that residents Rich, Azza and Eddie complement each other very well in making sure that all bases are covered (R&B right through to '70's and Latin). Numbers probably suffered a bit due to Crofton and Soul or Nothing being on the same night, but still a good atmosphere to the place - you just can't beat a basement venue!

See folks next month, really looking forward to Mr Croasdell's visit.........

PS Thanks to Rich Buckley for his hospitality - music 'til Stupid O'Clock and a bacon butty in the morningthumbsup.gif

I was most annoyed at myself for missing this one(fell asleep on the settee) sad i know. However from the reports it seems like another good night was in evidence yet again. The boys really do put on a good night in what is the perfect venue for the various genre of soul music. Really do not know what the people of Yorkshire are looking for in a soul night as this venue provides music to cover most tastes and the guest dj's that have played the venue are second to non.

If any one out there reading this thread has not been yet then get yourself down for a taste of something different because this venue deserves greater support. The next one should be a cracker and providing my plane lands on time i will be there for about 11pm, sun tan and all. Got to make sure the lad (Azza) is doing things right.yes.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

ROY

For us, this is the highlight of our month & once again it failed to disappoint.

A massive thank you for the lovely Alison for driving us all there & back & to the lovely Claire S for the haircut,beautiful flowers,wine & cider & the stuff for the kids & for buying our beer,it is really lovely of you & we both love your company. We feel like we've known you for years.

Brill to see Maark there & it was lovely chatting to Bev,especially as you knew Dee in a previous lifelaugh.gif

K & D xx

It was great to see you and Dave again Kirsty. :lol:

I had a fab time. Plenty of sounds I've not heard before mixed with ones that I had. Great venue, friendly people, decent bar prices, well worth the trip up from Northants. Would I go back, yes!

Oh, and if your reading this Spirit, nice to see you again mate! :yes:

Edited by Maark

K & D xx

Thanku Kirsty & ditto .. I love being with you too, u make me feel so relaxed ...

Alison was lovely to finally meet you & I just knew we'd get on!!! Bring on our next adventure this weekend.....

Another top night was had by all, well worth the journey & if you've never been here then I can highly recommend that you give it a try ...

Totally echo what everyone else says there really is something to suit all music tastes ..

Looking forward to the next one already...

Claire xxx

Ps Kirsty can I book my bed now please?? ha ha xx

Thanks for starting the thread up Kirsty and thank you to all who've posted on here thus far.

The comments we see on Soul Source, PM's received and fantastic feedback we get on the night of our events make it all worth while and encourage us to carry on regardless of any negativity we get from the management of the venue!!

Although numbers through the door were down, which could be attributed to many factors (Prestatyn, S.O.N etc), i think quality certainly overcame quantity. For me, musically, we've gone from strength to strength and that's reflected in the words of the very knowledgable crowd plus the fantastic guest DJ's we have on who i certainly hold in the upmost respect.

Great to see the regular faces down there continuing to support, and some new ones. The fact that people are travelling from so far a field to attend our night is very humbling indeed.

I thought Chalky was absolutely superb. One of the best sets of 60's soul i've heard in a long time, plus some brilliant sounds from the Stafford era which epitomises our music policy. I hope he enjoyed the freedom we give our guest DJ's. We'll definitely be inviting him back in the future.

Eddie and Rich as ever were on top form, mid to up tempo across the board soul all the way, known and unknown.

Hopefully we'll see you all back there for our April event which is shaping up to be an absolute CRACKER!!

Liam Quinn and Paul Barker, two of the best young DJ's out there with great taste in soul, representing Lancashire at our YORKS Vs LANCS special.

Plus none other than Mr ADY CROASDELL!!!

100 Club, Beat Boutique and That Driving Beat under one roof...............I'll have some of that

Azza

Edited by LilJimmyCrank

Well I had another awesome night down at That Driving Beat (Leeds)

Music was spot on, as always. Plenty that I knew & loved & plenty that I was clueless about & still loved so hats off to Chalky,Azza, Rich & Eddie hatsoff2.gif (Azza please don't forget to send me that tune I was mithering you about wink.gif )

This is an incredible club and I've never had a bad night here.

Great to see the usual suspects there (you know who you are & the photo's will be in the gallery later whistling.gif ) & to meet a few new uns.

Claire S,Maark & Bev - hope you DO come back for more. I won't list Spirit in that request as he's always there !!! laugh.gif

One of the highlights for me was catching up with Pat Brady & his lovely wife Lynne. I was astounded & flattered that Lynne spotted me before I spotted her & remembered me from the Griffin all-nighters (when I was a wee lass). Such a charming couple. Good to see Phild strutting his stuff on the dancefloor. It was like stepping back in time, for me, being with you,Pat & Lynne. It was great !! biggrin.gif

I took quite a few snaps so will load them in the gallery when I've got a few hours to kill laugh.gif

Until next time guys hatsoff2.gif

xxx

P.S. The April one sounds amazing guys. Can't wait for the War of Roses boxing.gif to commence .......... again ! laugh.gif

Guest xsquadie

Another cracking night..thats all that needs to be said. This is a quality night in a great venue...This is one beat thats worth driving to..(did you see what I did there!!)

Azza thanks for the no drinks on the dance floor posters!! well when I say posters I really mean a bit of A4 a Biro and some Blu Tack whistling.gif

Already looking forward to the next one....Yorks v Lancs (in a Leeds venue...Thats a no brainer )

Simon and tinkerbell

PS Ali I promise to try and have dance next time wink.gif

Sounds like I missed a good'n!

I am planning on coming over next month for the War of the Roses and err Market Harborough:lol:

Hopefully meet some of you there...Sarah especially as sure I missed you last time:thumbsup:

First time down last Friday, have to say we really enjoyed the night. Lovely venue, great music and excellent company. Thanks for your hospitality Rich, your a gentleman as ever. Great to catch up with Chalky, who played a cracking set,as did all the jocks, Pat Brady, long time no see, Richard, Kirsty and all the nutters who never stopped taking pictures. This place really deserves to be supported by more locals, get your arses out on a Friday.Top night, let's do it all again next month, we'll both be back across from Manchester.

Tony & Janet

Edited by Tony Jackson

Thanku Kirsty & ditto .. I love being with you too, u make me feel so relaxed ...

Alison was lovely to finally meet you & I just knew we'd get on!!! Bring on our next adventure this weekend.....

Another top night was had by all, well worth the journey & if you've never been here then I can highly recommend that you give it a try ...

Totally echo what everyone else says there really is something to suit all music tastes ..

Looking forward to the next one already...

Claire xxx

Ps Kirsty can I book my bed now please?? ha ha xx

Its booked already hun,see you next week xx

Sounds like I missed a good'n!

I am planning on coming over next month for the War of the Roses and err Market Harborough:lol:

Hopefully meet some of you there...Sarah especially as sure I missed you last time:thumbsup:

You & Richard are welcome to stay at mine hun,can you bring the bratzs stuff? xx

Simon and tinkerbell

PS Ali I promise to try and have dance next time :wink:

Without Kirsty's sequined shrug I hope !! :laugh:

First time down last Friday, have to say we really enjoyed the night. Lovely venue, great music and excellent company. Thanks for your hospitality Rich, your a gentleman as ever. Great to catch up with Chalky, who played a cracking set,as did all the jocks, Pat Brady, long time no see, Richard, Kirsty and all the nutters who never stopped taking pictures. This place really deserves to be supported by more locals, get your arses out on a Friday.Top night, let's do it all again next month, we'll both be back across from Manchester.

Tony & Janet

:chinstroke:Wonder who you could mean Tony ..... aah I remember, it was Rab C Nesbitt :laugh:

Brilliant to see you & Janet there & looking forward to see you down there for the War of the Roses ...... I'll make sure Rab does his hair especially whistling:laugh:

Just like to thank Richard and Azza for asking me down to play a few records, really enjoyed the night and catching up with some I've not seen for a while. I was asked to play cheesy northern and Green Onions in particular three times by some drunk :lol:. Really good to see some younger faces as well enjoying themselves.

Hopefully I will be at the n ext one (to support the Yorkshire lads of course) and to see Ady up t'north again,sure Ady is originally a Yorkshire lad whistling.gif:D

Just like to thank Richard and Azza for asking me down to play a few records, really enjoyed the night and catching up with some I've not seen for a while. I was asked to play cheesy northern and Green Onions in particular three times by some drunk :). Really good to see some younger faces as well enjoying themselves.

Hopefully I will be at the n ext one (to support the Yorkshire lads of course) and to see Ady up t'north again,sure Ady is originally a Yorkshire lad :rolleyes::lol:

Cheers for coming up for it Chalky, was good to catch up. Yes folks, don't miss next month's instalment with both the Beat Boutique lads and Ady Croasdell all guesting! Link for it here:

Cheers,

Rich

Source Advert