Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him

• Replies 22
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Little Peggy March - I will follow him

Heard this on TV the other night, at least part of it and I started to wonder if I had ever heard it played on the Northernsoul Scene?

I love it!

Nooooo...far too tweee...shows my age, reminds me of listening to Radio Luxembourg under the bedclothes as a little 'un, this seemed to get a lot of (sponsored) plays!

Social source share

Heard this on TV the other night, at least part of it and I started to wonder if I had ever heard it played on the Northernsoul Scene?

I love it!

great girlie pop tune, love it too, cant say ive ever heard it out though

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

I love it!

On April 24, 1963,[3] her single "I Will Follow Him" soared to number one on the U.S. charts.[1] Recorded in early January 1963 and released January 22 of that year, March was only 14 at the time.[1] March became the youngest female artist with a number one hit, a record that still stands for the Billboard Hot 100. The recording also took the number one spot in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Japan, and Scandinavia. It was a translation of the French song "Chariot" recorded a year earlier by Petula Clark.[1]

Social source share

I've got a weird 45 of Dee Dee Sharp doing this

Big rivalry there Ady-get a plane ticket and i'll tell you another story !!

did an interview with peggy 2 years ago-sent it to Manifesto, but don't think it ever got published ?

Lovely lady with a story and a half to tell !

Rob

Social source share

Guest Simon

Would love to hear that, we've played the Little Peggy March at pretty much every Da Doo Ron Ron club night, always goes down a storm.

Simon

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest Phoenix8049

I believe Peggy March lives in Germany now and has done for many years.

still popular there and releases a lot of albums sung in German.

She used to be called Little Peggy March back then.

I remeber buying I Will Follow Him and the follow up as well which was quite good

called Hello Heartache, Goodbye Love. Both on Black RCA British.

Stu.

Social source share

I remeber buying I Will Follow Him and the follow up as well which was quite good

Stu.

Her LP memories of Heidleburg,is it any good ?biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Huge Popcorn/TM tune, as you may remember. It was issued in several countries as a 45 and, in the Philippines, on a 78! Don't have that but I do have it on Dutch and Brazilian singles...

Needless to say, Dee Dee sang it at her TM club show in Beligium last year and it brought the house down.

Social source share

Stu.

I PLAYED HELLO HEARTACHES GOODBYE LOVE AT MY DAUGHTERS 16TH BIRTHDAY BBQ LAST WEEKEND. IT WAS THE MOTHER IN LAW WHO REQUESTED IT THO.SHE BOUGHT IT AS A NEW RELEASE

DAVE

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Is this the same Peggy March who sang If You Loved Me?

KTF.

Drew.

yes and in the next 2 weeks , a new record is being released for the northern soul market. GRADUATION DAY on NIGHT DANCE RECORDS

Social source share

Guest Simon

to even be mentioned on a 'soul' forum ?? l :hatsoff2: . . . . If you loved me has a air of soul about it with nice a arrangement, but 'I will follow him'? :no:

Don't think it's that strange, it's a 6ts girl group record & there's a lot of people who like this & Soul music, i quite happily play 'I will follow him' next to say The Sapphires 'Got to have your love' on a monthly basis at our girl group night in Brighton, noone's asked for their money back thus far.

Simon

Social source share

I love it!

Nice toon, I have played this out a few times, depends on what sort of set I am doing fits in nicely with early warm up set. Nice and cheap, picked up a M- demo for about £5 about 4 years ago.

QoFxx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert