2010-05-21: Burnley All Niter

Event Title: BURNLEY ALL NITER

Event Author: 45heaven

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Fri 21 May 2010

-------------------------------------------------

THE GREATLY SUCCESSFUL BURNLEY ALL-NITER IS ON.

PHIL WALKED OUT AND LEFT THIS HUGELY SUCCESSFUL ALLNITER - SO IN ORDER TO KEEP A NITER OF THIS CALIBRE IN BURNLEY, WE HAVE PICKED TO HIS BROKEN PIECES AND STARTED A NEW ONE - BUT LITTLE ELSE HAS CHANGED - SAME MUSIC POLICY OF HARD DRIVEN, OBSCURE NORTHERN SOUL FLOOR PLEASERS.

GREAT RESPECTED DEE-JAYS WILL BE SPINNING THE SOUNDS -DJ'S DICKIE WATT, IAN CUNLIFFE, STUART BENNETT, CAM, PETE HIGSON, PHIL THRELFALL, ANDY KILLICK AND FRED KROL.

10.00PM THRU TO 6.00AM FRIDAY 21ST MAY. £10.00 PAID ON THE DOOR.

THE KESTREL SUITE

COW LANE

BURNLEY, LANCS

BB11 1NN

NEXT CONFIRMED DATE FRIDAY 18TH JUNE 2010

CONTACTS FOR DETAILS - DAVE - 07855 183270 OR BARRIE 01282 869769

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Edited by 45heaven
  • Replies 95
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Wish you could make it for saturdays :sad: it takes a long time to travel from London to Burnley:yes: especially as you can`t travel out of London on a regular saver between the hours of 3.30 - 6.30pm :no:

But glad its back guys thumbsup.gif

Sorry but it's not back. This is a completely new promotion and is nothing to do with Soul Hawk Promotions or me. I thank you.

Phil.

Sorry but it's not back. This is a completely new promotion and is nothing to do with Soul Hawk Promotions or me. I thank you.

Phil.

So why `s Barrie advertising it then ..............maybe not yours Phil but someones starting it again

No offence intended

regards Julie biggrin.gif

Guest Neil Taylor

GREAT NEWS........WORTH A LOOK.

SOUND SYSTEM........IS IT AS GOOD AS THE LAST PROMOTERS,BECAUSE THAT WAS THE BOLLOCKS.

DJ`S........WHO ARE THE RESIDENTS AND ANY NAMES ALREADY IN THE HAT FOR GUEST`S DJ`S.

FINALLY.......I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST,AND I WILL MAKE THE MAY OR JUNE ONE NO PROBLEM.

REGARDS......NEIL.

Guest gordon russell

GREAT NEWS........WORTH A LOOK.

SOUND SYSTEM........IS IT AS GOOD AS THE LAST PROMOTERS,BECAUSE THAT WAS THE BOLLOCKS.

DJ`S........WHO ARE THE RESIDENTS AND ANY NAMES ALREADY IN THE HAT FOR GUEST`S DJ`S.

FINALLY.......I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST,AND I WILL MAKE THE MAY OR JUNE ONE NO PROBLEM.

REGARDS......NEIL.

Hi Neal......can only echo your sentiments............gotta include the legend and co and follow in the previous promoters footsteps of having the regular fella,s with the right vibe filling in the gaps.....we shall see....looks very promising indeedy though.......tezzathumbsup.gif

keep your beak out Phil

Why what's it got to do with you? This isn't the Burnley Allnighter, that has ceased to be. This is just an allnighter that is on in Burnley. Don't try jumping on the back of something special that I built. You really get to know who your friends are.

Edited by Phil Kowalski

i thank phil for clarifying his position regarding this new venture, dont think he could do anything else after reading the wording of the first post.........i will watch closely to see how it pans out, and hope its goes well for all concerned, regards ezzie

I second that Ezzie.......:hatsoff2:

Why what's it got to do with you? This isn't the Burnley Allnighter, that has ceased to be. This is just an allnighter that is on in Burnley. Don't try jumping on the back of something special that I built. You really get to know who your friends are.

=========================================================================================================

Blimey Phil chill out you did,nt want to run anymore niters at the Falcon Suite , many soulies myself included wanted it to continue so good luck to Barry @ Co

for taking it on and bringing a niter back to Burnley, the niters you ran at the Falcon suite where great if your upset that someones had the bottle to take it on

after you jacked it in your well out of order, what do you want Barry to call it the NOTBURNLEY NITER but a niter with great dj,s playing teriffic tunes..

Just a after thought if the Burnley you built as you put it was so great how come it packed in !!! Soul Music does,nt belong to anyone but to everyone

If you feel that strongly you should,nt have jacked it in.........................no.gif

=========================================================================================================

Blimey Phil chill out you did,nt want to run anymore niters at the Falcon Suite , many soulies myself included wanted it to continue so good luck to Barry @ Co

for taking it on and bringing a niter back to Burnley, the niters you ran at the Falcon suite where great if your upset that someones had the bottle to take it on

after you jacked it in your well out of order, what do you want Barry to call it the NOTBURNLEY NITER but a niter with great dj,s playing teriffic tunes..

Just a after thought if the Burnley you built as you put it was so great how come it packed in !!! Soul Music does,nt belong to anyone but to everyone

If you feel that strongly you should,nt have jacked it in.........................no.gif

Call it something else and tell people that it's a new promotion, don't try and make out that it's the same allnighter because it isn't. I worked bloody hard to build an all nighter that was to many people something special. My reputation is on the line and that means everything to me. I take it from your post that you will be Djing at this new promotion? How did I guess?

I have absolutely no problem with anyone running an allnighter anywhere, what I do have a problem with is Barrie trying to make out that the Burnley Allnighter is continuing as it was....It is not......and never will be. The only thing that's the same is the room.

Phil.

WELL IM VERY SORRY FOR OFFENDING YOU PHIL - AND LIKE YOU SAID ITS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PREVIOUS PROMOTIONS ( WHICH YOU DROPPED VERY QUICKLY WITHOUT GIVING ANYONE THE CHANCE OF CONTINUING FOR THE SAKE OF THE SOUL FOLKS WHO ATTENDED,AND DID ZERO TO HELP IT LIVE ONCE MORE) -

THE FORMAT PREVIOUSLY WAS FINE FROM THE POINT OF THE MUSIC AND DEE-JAYS AND INDEED THE CROWD WHO TOOK IT TO HEART - HENCE THE SAME OR SIMILAR DEE-JAY LINE UPS. AND NO ITS NOT STEELING YOUR IDEAS - THESE GUYS I HAVE KNOWN MOSTLY FOR OVER 25 YEARS - IN FACT THE TWO OF US WHO ARE SETTING THIS UP HAVE ALOMST EIGHTY YEARS EXPERIENCE ENJOYING THE NITER AND SOUL SCENE , COMPARED TO THE FEW YEARS OF THE PAST PROMOTER !

IT IS BEING CONTINUED FOR THE LOVE OF MUSIC - NEITHER OF US HAVE THE INTENTION OF PROVIDING A STAGE FOR OURSELVES TO ENJOY PERSONAL DEE-JAY'ING ACTIVITIES - UNLIKE THE PREVIOUS PROMOTER. COME TO THINK OF IT, THE CLOSURE OF THE VENUE COINCIDED WITH THAT PROMOTER SELLING UP YET AGAIN. HMM DOES THAT SMACK OF INFLATING ONES EGO THRU' TAKING AWAY OTHER FOLKS PLEASURES?

THE OLD NITER IS DEAD ,LONG LIVE THE NEW ONE

SERMON OVER - BOOK CLOSED. LEAVE IT BE.

Kinell fellas, I like you both very much in your own inimitable, quirky ways; don't go falling out over a room ffs no.gif

I know it was much more than that for you Phil, and various other folk too; I also appreciate and respect how hard you worked to make it the success it was and all credit to you for that.

I've got shut of all my records three times mate over the years cos I go so hacked off with various aspects of 'the scene' and while I wouldn't dream of telling anyone what to do ... well, erm ... here's what I'd do:

Enjoy it for what it is and fill yer boots while there's still time pal. I'll be going to support it whenever work allows and if, remote as the possibility may be, I'm asked to dj I'll do that too. Would be even better if you were there too; not to draw comparisons with what went before cos that never works out for the best in my experience, but just to have a good night with a load of like-minded mates hearing and dancing (or not in my case) to magic music. Best of all, it's on yer doorstep thumbsup.gif

Right, that's my two pennorth.

x

Guest Matt Male

Good luck with this Barrie, i shall certainly make this one. Since the wife's at a hen night on the saturday i reckon this is my night out that weekend thumbsup.gif

Wish you could make it for saturdays sad.gif it takes a long time to travel from London to Burnleyyes.gif especially as you can`t travel out of London on a regular saver between the hours of 3.30 - 6.30pm no.gif

But glad its back guys thumbsup.gif

HELLO STRANGER !!!! SORRY THE VENUE IS TRING TO PUSH ITS BAQUETTING FACILITES AT WEDINGS, SO WE WOULD BE VERY LIMITED ON DATES, BUT WE'LL BEAR IT IN MIND FOR THE FUTURE

HOPE YOURE WELL - HAVE FUN BARRIE

HELLO STRANGER !!!! SORRY THE VENUE IS TRING TO PUSH ITS BAQUETTING FACILITES AT WEDINGS, SO WE WOULD BE VERY LIMITED ON DATES, BUT WE'LL BEAR IT IN MIND FOR THE FUTURE

HOPE YOURE WELL - HAVE FUN BARRIE

Hello to you stranger hatsoff2.gif Hope it goes well Barrie thumbsup.gif you never know i might just suprise you and turn up unexpectedly yes.gifwink.gif

Regards Julie xxxx

Edited by julie moore

Call it something else and tell people that it's a new promotion, don't try and make out that it's the same allnighter because it isn't. I worked bloody hard to build an all nighter that was to many people something special. My reputation is on the line and that means everything to me. I take it from your post that you will be Djing at this new promotion? How did I guess?

Phil.

===================================================================================

What the hell has it got to do with you Phil where i DJ , I dj,d for you several times at your niter ! me dj,in at this new promo as nothing whatsoever to do with what i posted, i am DJ,in at Burtonwood 15 May, Ratcliffe Niter 29 May and several other venues

over the next few months .... Your reputation is on the line How mads that blimey you where only running a bloody soul niter

I like you Phil but get real if you feel so strongly you should,nt hav packed it in, and now you hav u should be giving Barrie & Co

every support you can now that they have decieded to keep a niter going in Burnley...

Dont Keep the Faith Spread it

Guest Marcelle

I have absolutely no problem with anyone running an allnighter anywhere, what I do have a problem with is Barrie trying to make out that the Burnley Allnighter is continuing as it was....It is not......and never will be. The only thing that's the same is the room.

Phil.

Hi Phil ... I was one of many who was sad to see Burnley come to an end, for a number of reasons

1. It was close to home (15mins)

2. I enjoyed most of the nights (as with any other venue I have been to)

3. I was fortunate enough to work for you in the begining when you first started it from very "few" people attending to many people from all other the country making the journey to travel to it.

4. I liked the venue.

The "Burnley Nighter" as it became known as TO ALL grew, primarily on your hard work & commitment to ensuring that you stayed "true" to what you believed in, as did the DJs you employed ... (not an easy task) as it became more "known"more people attended it grew in popularity. Well done to you & all involved.

Like others when I first read this post I thought "oh Phil is putting on BURNLEY again ... GREAT (for all the above reasons) then I read on & find that the "BURNLEY NIGHTER!" because no matter what people say that is what it became known as IS NOT coming back .... what is happening in Burnley is that there is a New Promotion going into the Kestral suite.

So the questions I ask is

1. Was the first post put up as a "way of promoting" the new Promotion on the back of the work you had put in & the GOOD Reputation the "BURNLEY NIGHTER HAS DEVELOPED (over the years) ?

2. Or is it to court discussion on here to promote the new venture?

Either way for I see it as rather discourtious to you to "SELL" this NEW PROMOTION on the back of your hard work & reputation. I do understand your anger & how hurt you must feel, as you said you have no issues with anyone putting on a Nighter in the Kestral Suite ... the Issue is that it is not "The Burnley Nighter" that was your promotion & it should not be sold as that !

I can understand your fear & anxiety that this nighter because of how it has been sold (from the onset) could have people believing that "The Burnley Nighter" is back .... when IT IS`NT ...

I like you have no issues with anyone putting on a nighter anywhere .... I have an issue on how this has been sold & the way people are attacking you for wanting the new Promotion to simply Promote the New Nighter on its own merits & NOT ON THE HARD WORK you put in & REPUTATION that you built.

a great man once said .... "if you wish to converse with me DEFINE YOUR TERMS" ...... simply put this means be clear & concise & honest in what you say .... dont dress it up as something its not .... and that is all you have asked for.

thank you for employing me in the begining of "THE BURNLEY NIGHTER" I did enjoy watching it GROW .... xx

WELL IM VERY SORRY FOR OFFENDING YOU PHIL - AND LIKE YOU SAID ITS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PREVIOUS PROMOTIONS ( WHICH YOU DROPPED VERY QUICKLY WITHOUT GIVING ANYONE THE CHANCE OF CONTINUING FOR THE SAKE OF THE SOUL FOLKS WHO ATTENDED,AND DID ZERO TO HELP IT LIVE ONCE MORE) -

THE FORMAT PREVIOUSLY WAS FINE FROM THE POINT OF THE MUSIC AND DEE-JAYS AND INDEED THE CROWD WHO TOOK IT TO HEART - HENCE THE SAME OR SIMILAR DEE-JAY LINE UPS. AND NO ITS NOT STEELING YOUR IDEAS - THESE GUYS I HAVE KNOWN MOSTLY FOR OVER 25 YEARS - IN FACT THE TWO OF US WHO ARE SETTING THIS UP HAVE ALOMST EIGHTY YEARS EXPERIENCE ENJOYING THE NITER AND SOUL SCENE , COMPARED TO THE FEW YEARS OF THE PAST PROMOTER !

IT IS BEING CONTINUED FOR THE LOVE OF MUSIC - NEITHER OF US HAVE THE INTENTION OF PROVIDING A STAGE FOR OURSELVES TO ENJOY PERSONAL DEE-JAY'ING ACTIVITIES - UNLIKE THE PREVIOUS PROMOTER. COME TO THINK OF IT, THE CLOSURE OF THE VENUE COINCIDED WITH THAT PROMOTER SELLING UP YET AGAIN. HMM DOES THAT SMACK OF INFLATING ONES EGO THRU' TAKING AWAY OTHER FOLKS PLEASURES?

Barrie, you didn't even have the decency to contact me. I was let down very badly by certain people, that's why I ended it, I was made to look like a **** and wasn't offered any appology. I still haven't. You would never have got the room if Gary still had it. I built that event and took all the shit. Welcome to my world.

Why won't you answer the posters on here. Who's promoting it, who are the Dj's, what's the music policy, who is supplying the sound system, why did you word your initial post to make it sound as though my event was carrying on???????? Why don't you invent your own night instead of trying to hijack mine????? If it's gonna be so good with all your experience, you don't need to try and be like my shit night do you?

Kinell fellas, I like you both very much in your own inimitable, quirky ways; don't go falling out over a room ffs no.gif

I know it was much more than that for you Phil, and various other folk too; I also appreciate and respect how hard you worked to make it the success it was and all credit to you for that.

I've got shut of all my records three times mate over the years cos I go so hacked off with various aspects of 'the scene' and while I wouldn't dream of telling anyone what to do ... well, erm ... here's what I'd do:

Enjoy it for what it is and fill yer boots while there's still time pal. I'll be going to support it whenever work allows and if, remote as the possibility may be, I'm asked to dj I'll do that too. Would be even better if you were there too; not to draw comparisons with what went before cos that never works out for the best in my experience, but just to have a good night with a load of like-minded mates hearing and dancing (or not in my case) to magic music. Best of all, it's on yer doorstep thumbsup.gif

Right, that's my two pennorth.

x

hatsoff2.gifcouldn't have said better my self lets not bicker over whats gone.. forward and onwards and raring to go,see you all soon all the best johno

Edited by soulcarp
Guest Marcelle

Hi 45heaven, its good to see that you have acknowledged & apologised for offending Phil with your first post, though I feel that your further comments discount the apology.

I find it strange that you want to attack Phil for DECIDING to give up Promoting, that`s actually his CHOICE, and he should not be attacked for making this decision.

Why are you verbally attacking him on here for this decision that actually has nothing to do with you, me or anybody else ?

Phil promoted Burnley Nighter for a number of years ! He gave people the CHANCE of attending he DID NOT DO ZERO for the Soul Scene ... he just made a very personal decision that he could not continue ...

We on the Soul Scene should be thanking him for his hard work NOT trying to belittle what he did by making verbal attacks re his choice to "stop" promoting, or the fact that he dosnt have "as many years" on the Scene as you do, "how many years" do not maketh a GOOD SOUL PERSON/ PROMOTER .... what a ridiculus & disrespectful statement to make not just to Phil but all the people who may not have as many years in as you do !

Phil never hid the fact that he initialy started Burnley Nighter so he could

1. Go somewhere local to here music he liked to listen to

2. Because he wanted to DJ ! (no different from other DJs only supporting venues they want / or DJ at) !

And to attack Phil on a public forum because he has "sold up" for reasons that are PERSONAL TO HIM ! is the lowest comment of all what right do you have to make a judgement on his reasons for "selling up" !

Oh I dont deal in sermons I deal in facts & decency !

Marcelle

Guest Bearsy

for a minute there i thought "get in there" Burnley nighter is back on yes.gif but its not is it no.gif its a different nighter in the same venue with different djs huh.gif can see where Phil and Marcelle are coming from, i never went to the Original Burnley nighter and have never met Phil but have to say the thread is a tad misleading to say the least, sorry fook all to do with me i know but sorry again i just couldnt me big oar out rolleyes.gif

anyway best of luck and if its anything like the Original Burnley nighter from what i was told i shall try to make a visit sometime up from sunny Southampton hatsoff2.gif

atb

Bearsy

Hi Phil ... I was one of many who was sad to see Burnley come to an end, for a number of reasons

1. It was close to home (15mins)

2. I enjoyed most of the nights (as with any other venue I have been to)

3. I was fortunate enough to work for you in the begining when you first started it from very "few" people attending to many people from all other the country making the journey to travel to it.

4. I liked the venue.

The "Burnley Nighter" as it became known as TO ALL grew, primarily on your hard work & commitment to ensuring that you stayed "true" to what you believed in, as did the DJs you employed ... (not an easy task) as it became more "known"more people attended it grew in popularity. Well done to you & all involved.

Like others when I first read this post I thought "oh Phil is putting on BURNLEY again ... GREAT (for all the above reasons) then I read on & find that the "BURNLEY NIGHTER!" because no matter what people say that is what it became known as IS NOT coming back .... what is happening in Burnley is that there is a New Promotion going into the Kestral suite.

So the questions I ask is

1. Was the first post put up as a "way of promoting" the new Promotion on the back of the work you had put in & the GOOD Reputation the "BURNLEY NIGHTER HAS DEVELOPED (over the years) ?

2. Or is it to court discussion on here to promote the new venture?

Either way for I see it as rather discourtious to you to "SELL" this NEW PROMOTION on the back of your hard work & reputation. I do understand your anger & how hurt you must feel, as you said you have no issues with anyone putting on a Nighter in the Kestral Suite ... the Issue is that it is not "The Burnley Nighter" that was your promotion & it should not be sold as that !

I can understand your fear & anxiety that this nighter because of how it has been sold (from the onset) could have people believing that "The Burnley Nighter" is back .... when IT IS`NT ...

I like you have no issues with anyone putting on a nighter anywhere .... I have an issue on how this has been sold & the way people are attacking you for wanting the new Promotion to simply Promote the New Nighter on its own merits & NOT ON THE HARD WORK you put in & REPUTATION that you built.

a great man once said .... "if you wish to converse with me DEFINE YOUR TERMS" ...... simply put this means be clear & concise & honest in what you say .... dont dress it up as something its not .... and that is all you have asked for.

thank you for employing me in the begining of "THE BURNLEY NIGHTER" I did enjoy watching it GROW .... xx

Marcelle - it was not intended to be cashing in - nothing has changed much - same venue, mostly same dee-jays, same music and hopefully same crowd, just that Phil walked out very abruptly - and its an attempt to keep a niter going in Burnley of the same style. If he hadnt have left this would not have started in competition - thats fact. Maybe im missing something but i dont see it as a big deal, who remembers who were the promotors at The Mecca ? and did thsy change over time? who knows or cares to that matter as long as what is delivered is what folks want and keeps em happy.

Event Title: BURNLEY ALL NITER

Event Author: 45heaven

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Fri 21 May 2010

-------------------------------------------------

THE GREATLY SUCCESSFUL BURNLEY ALL-NITER IS BACK AFTER A MONTHS LAY OFF.

A CHANGE IN THE OWNERSHIP OF THE VENUE HAS CAUSED THE BREAK UNFORTUNATLY, BUT LITTLE ELSE HAS CHANGED - SAME MUSIC POLICY

Good morning,

No one can dispute that the wording and implication's intended from "45 Heaven's" post advertising his new venture at "The Kestral Suite" , was to imply that the original, "Burnley" all-nighter was back after a month's break due to change of ownership..... Thus still under the original, "Soul Hawk" promotion's. This show's great lack of respect and integrity, first and foremost to Phil, but also to those attending the new all-nighter, as it is very misleading. I fully agree with Phil and understand his response, he created, "The Burnley" all-nighter, credit where credit due.

Barrie may I suggest you lock this thread and re-advertise your all-nighter as a new venture at, "The Kestral Suite" in Burnley, with a name original to you, as "The Burnley" has been done and clearly stating the name of the new promoter/'s. Wishing you all the best for the 21st .

Atb

Karen

Edited by sanquine

Who Gives a rats ass who is promoting this event ?There has and probably will be a nighter in Burnley for a while to come yes.gif Burnley has always been (as a town)a great place for great soul venues... people wise and music wise yes.gif especially at the Kestral Suite and many venues in the past ..BANKHALL MINERS ,KEIGTHLEY GREEN,INN PLACE ,CIRCULATION CLUB,CRICKET CLUB and not forgetting the CATS WHISKERS thumbsup.gif so instead of putting it down as a lot of folk are trying to do lately on this great scene of ours yes.gif just enjoy and be thankfull a niter is back in good old BURNLEY thumbsup.gif

OMVHO but then again im a little bit biast biggrin.gif

no offence intended

regards to one and all

Julie

Edited by julie moore

Who Gives a rats ass who is promoting this event ?There has and probably will be a nighter in Burnley for a while to come yes.gif Burnley has always been (as a town)a great place for great soul venues... people wise and music wise yes.gif especially at the Kestral Suite and many venues in the past ..BANKHALL MINERS ,KEIGTHLEY GREEN,INN PLACE ,CIRCULATION CLUB,CRICKET CLUB and not forgetting the CATS WHISKERS thumbsup.gif so instead of putting it down as a lot of folk are trying to do lately on this great scene of ours yes.gif just enjoy and be thankfull a niter is back in good old BURNLEY thumbsup.gif

OMVHO but then again im a little bit biast biggrin.gif

no offence intended

regards to one and all

Julie

It does matter Julie.

To Phil,to Barrie and the punters who went to the first Burnley and the ones who are to be going to the next Burnley.The first post could have been worded differently/better, as it does imply the Original nighter is back on after a minor lay off.

Things are still a little raw over the closure of Burnley,and this seems a bit too soon for some?.Time changes things.

Waiting with bated breath for more details as i loved the Batcave.Good luck with the new venture....Kev.

not forgetting the CATS WHISKERS

Julie

Ahhh as if you could forget Cats Whiskers all-dayers.............happy days.

Well young Bazza you've caused quite a stir............certainly got it promoted...........what's that saying "any publicity is good publicity":D

Possibly not worded the best but it's done know so lets move on & the people who enjoyed Burnley & didn't want it to stop have a second chance.Barrie has said they are looking to run it along similar lines, nothing wrong with that in fact I think that's a complement to Phil & the success he had, as also has been said that if Phil hadn't stopped this promotion wouldn't have arisen.

Let's just hope everyone can come together over a pint & help put Burnley back on the nighter map.

So hopefully we'll be over to see you.

Cheers

Martyn

Ahhh as if you could forget Cats Whiskers all-dayers.............happy days.

Well young Bazza you've caused quite a stir............certainly got it promoted...........what's that saying "any publicity is good publicity":D

Possibly not worded the best but it's done know so lets move on & the people who enjoyed Burnley & didn't want it to stop have a second chance.Barrie has said they are looking to run it along similar lines, nothing wrong with that in fact I think that's a complement to Phil & the success he had, as also has been said that if Phil hadn't stopped this promotion wouldn't have arisen.

Let's just hope everyone can come together over a pint & help put Burnley back on the nighter map.

So hopefully we'll be over to see you.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn - good to hear from you - nothing was intended to be negative, its simply gonna run the same style as what was the case a couple of months back. I dont entirely agree the any publicity is good , but whats done is done - i didnt realise that he was so caring over his 'baby' - well left it, he wasnt pushed out. Wonder if he had this kinda response from the other guys who ran niters in Burnley in the past when he started it going again - doubt it cos they were sensilble. I dont need to be running a Niter and now to a degree , wish i hadnt had bothered - but you do it for music , or at least thats what i tell myself. .At least he has helped promoting it by texting everyone to say the venue is on again - so silver lining on some clouds. - Hope youre well - have fun Barrie

Barrie,

I think the initial post could have been worded better.

We can't make the first one due to prior arrangements but wish you success and hopefully we'll be there in June.

John

Hi John - thanks for your support - it wasnt worded to offend or decieve - ive changed the calender now in line with Phil's wishes -

have more fun than I ( wouldnt be easy at this moment in time :D )

Barrie

Hi Martyn - good to hear from you - nothing was intended to be negative, its simply gonna run the same style as what was the case a couple of months back. I dont entirely agree the any publicity is good , but whats done is done - i didnt realise that he was so caring over his 'baby' - well left it, he wasnt pushed out. Wonder if he had this kinda response from the other guys who ran niters in Burnley in the past when he started it going again - doubt it cos they were sensilble. I dont need to be running a Niter and now to a degree , wish i hadnt had bothered - but you do it for music , or at least thats what i tell myself. .At least he has helped promoting it by texting everyone to say the venue is on again - so silver lining on some clouds. - Hope youre well - have fun Barrie

Sorry Barrie, but you are wrong again. I made the effort and went round to see Roman and Ginger before I went ahead with my promotion. I have been straight and respectful to everyone on this scene, and as professional as possible. I have no problem what so ever with anyone running an event anywhere. I only have a problem with the way you have tried to make out that this is the same promotion. You've got Cliff and Andy Killick on, both of whom let me down on several occasions and didn't even have the decency to let me know, either before or after the event. THAT was the reason I ended it. The resident Dj's were Burnley. Some people understand that, some don't. I'm very saddened that what we had at Burnley will now be forever tarnished, for me anyway. And worse still, people who I thought were friends could treat me in such a way. Watch out for the D.T.D.A they'll stab you in the back. That's the last you'll hear from me, you all deserve each other.

p.s thanks to my real friends for posting in my defense.

Phil.

Edited by Phil Kowalski

Sorry Barrie, but you are wrong again. I made the effort and went round to see Roman and Ginger before I went ahead with my promotion. I have been straight and respectful to everyone on this scene, and as professional as possible. I have no problem what so ever with anyone running an event anywhere. I only have a problem with the way you have tried to make out that this is the same promotion. You've got Cliff and Andy Killick on, both of whom let me down on several occasions and didn't even have the decency to let me know, either before or after the event. THAT was the reason I ended it. The resident Dj's were Burnley. Some people understand that, some don't. I'm very saddened that what we had at Burnley will now be forever tarnished, for me anyway. And worse still, people who I thought were friends could treat me in such a way. Watch out for the D.T.D.A they'll stab you in the back. That's the last you'll hear from me, you all deserve each other.

p.s thanks to my real friends for posting in my defense.

Phil.

Phil,

What is the DTDA?

Lock this and start up a new thread if i was you Barrie... No point starting a night with all this bad feeling...

Feelings do run high when you have been a promoter of a night and put all your efforts into it,... Some will never quite know as they aint done it.... Its very hard to imagine from the outside, you live and breath the night every day and its such a part of you...

Passions also run high.... Some of us have put more into a promotion than we have into a relationship, a lot lot more for some :( ....

Like i said, best got off this thread, not the way to start a new event.... :hatsoff2:

Guest gordon russell

The first BURNLEY played music in a very definate style....hence the burnley sound!!.....Phil was able to do this because he would not give way to the back slapping from so called big names....he put people on who had the clubs vibe....because they WENT THERE.....quite a lot of the big names actually bombed out because they stupidly thought big and rare was enough......soon found out it wern,t...My point is can you do the same,can you resist these folk.........You already have folk who never went first time looking a spot atb tezza

The first BURNLEY played music in a very definate style....hence the burnley sound!!.....Phil was able to do this because he would not give way to the back slapping from so called big names....he put people on who had the clubs vibe....because they WENT THERE.....quite a lot of the big names actually bombed out because they stupidly thought big and rare was enough......soon found out it wern,t...My point is can you do the same,can you resist these folk.........You already have folk who never went first time looking a spot atb tezza

Phil booked people that he had never heard DJ before. How can anyone do that? :hatsoff2:

Plus there was a time when Phil would not even entertain a record if it wasn't shit rare and stupidly expensive.

Anyway, this is not Phil's thread it is Barries :hatsoff2:

Source Advert