Burscough British Legion Sat 28Th August

BURSCOUGH BRITISH LEGION

LORD STREET

BURSCOUGH

LANCS L40 4BZ.

SATURDAY 28TH AUGUST AND EVERY FOURTH SATURDAY OF THE MONTH!

Cor, seems like ages since the last one! Yes folks its Burscough Legion time again on Saturday 28th August-----what a great way to get into the Bank Holiday weekend with another evening of quality soul and R&B! :no:

As usual we will be playing a superb mix of sounds including underplayed oldies, uptempo R&B, stompin' club soul, nighter sounds and lesser played tunes and this month (once again) we have a top line up of DJs spinning the vinyl! :yes:

This months DJs are:

Derek Watmough

Jumpin' Joan

Carl Farrington

Tony Blundell

Tony Brookes

Don't forget, Burscough Legion takes place between 8pm----1am every fourth Saturday of the month with a different mix of guest DJs each time to keep the music fresh------quality guaranteed every time! The licensed bar runs till 12.30 and entry is only £5 on the door. yes.gif

For more info ring: 07855011505

• Replies 56
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Ayup Tony,

Really looking forward to this month's venue....:no:

We missed last month, due to DJ-in commitments elsewhere....sad.gif

B & B already booked in Burscough....:D

KTF................. Bridgey & Linda (York)....thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Thanks Bridgey...................always a pleasure to welcome you both at the Legion after your arduous trek across the Pennines..........:boxing:

I'm gonna make sure they have a plentiful supply of Newky Brown this month for you...........:yes:

See you both on the 28th. :yes:

Thanks Bridgey...................always a pleasure to welcome you both at the Legion after your arduous trek across the Pennines..........:thumbup:

I'm gonna make sure they have a plentiful supply of Newky Brown this month for you...........:D

See you both on the 28th. :thumbsup:

Edited by Bridgey

LOOKING FORWARD TO ANOTHER CRACKING NIGHT AT BURSCOUGH.

I KNOW I SAY THIS EVERY TIME, BUT IT IS ONE OF FAVOURITE VENUES.

GREAT DJ LINE-UP AS USUAL, CAN'T WAIT.

SEE YOU THERE :(

Thanks Ann, always great to see yourself and Tony at the Legion----------------------on;ly a week to go, this DJ line up should ensure another scorchin' night of quality sounds!! See you both there!! :lol:

Count me n pete in we need a gud nite out, bin stuck in for last two weeks. Looking foward to another great nite at Burscough. My foot, back and leg should be better by then, don't ask

Smurfy

Hey up you two.......................wot you been up to now, Smurfy.......??? :lol:

Been falling off that orange box again full of voddy or (as Nigel said) landed badly after jumping off the wardrobe?? :)

Hope you're ok and looking forward to seeing you both next week. :huh:

that japanese lager,keeps 'em coming back for more :rolleyes: looking forward to spinning a few with the burscough boys at the lowton all dayer the following day :thumbsup:

Don't know about Japanese lager but the stuff at the Legion certainly tastes like raw fish------sushi flavoured lager, its the real deal..........:lol:

Busy weekend with the Bank Hoilday, should be a good 'un! :thumbup:

Hey up you two.......................wot you been up to now, Smurfy.......??? :lol:

Been falling off that orange box again full of voddy or (as Nigel said) landed badly after jumping off the wardrobe?? :yes:

Hope you're ok and looking forward to seeing you both next week. :lol:

Yo Brooksey. Now that would be tellin, I was pole vaulting ova a fence, doing what would b tellin. The foot ok this morning. So will b fine for Burscough on Sat nite. Great to c u n Lisa last nite, Pete wuz late for work this morning

Smurfy

Yo Brooksey. Now that would be tellin, I was pole vaulting ova a fence, doing what would b tellin. The foot ok this morning. So will b fine for Burscough on Sat nite. Great to c u n Lisa last nite, Pete wuz late for work this morning

Smurfy

Always in the wars you two......... laugh.gif:D. Hope you're feelin' better for Saturday night, should be some great sounds spun! :hatsoff2:

Good to see you both 'tother night too, are you going to take Nigel up on his offer by the way?.............................whistling.gif:D

Always in the wars you two......... :D:D. Hope you're feelin' better for Saturday night, should be some great sounds spun! :hatsoff2:

Good to see you both 'tother night too, are you going to take Nigel up on his offer by the way?.............................whistling.gif:D

We r all set for Sat Nite, legal car n everythin' .........................

As for Nigel's kind offer we will have to wait and see, will bring Jeff's Luv Cheques with us :no:ohmy.gif:yes:

Yo Tony

Really hoping to make this after missing the last couple!! :lol:

We can make the Masonic Fri as im else where ,,, and with the usual strong line up hope we land nr Southport ready for your do! :lol::D

ATB

Nige B

Hope you can make it Nige, always nice to see you at the Legion. :lol:

LOOKING FORWARD TO SATURDAY NIGHT.

SPINNING A FEW TUNES AND MIGHT EVEN SAMPLE A FEW BEERS

Is it me or is it really dragging this week.

Must be because it's bucketed down all week.

Anyway, not far off now.

Carl F

Well, there's a first time for everything Carl..................................:hatsoff2::D

Soon be the big day, looking forward to hearing your tunes-----see you on Saturday!! :D

Back on track, this month, so I should be there , another excellant line up, and musically as well, I'm wondering is it Burscough Boys or Beastie Boys who will be in attendance. If everyone turns up as said, it should be a good turnout. All the best to Tony, Lisa and all the legion regulars.

Back off me hols and gonna pay another long overdue visit to the Legion. Looking forward to it

:lol:

Cheers Phil, see you on Saturday. :unsure:

DJ times:

8-----9..........Tony Blundell

9-----9.30..........Jumpin' Joan

9.30-----10..........Carl Farrington

10-----10.30..........Tony Brookes

10.30-----11..........Derek Watmough

11-----11.30..........Jumpin' Joan

11.30-----12..........Carl Farrington

12-----12.30..........Derek Watmough

12.30-----1..........Tony Brookes

Had to juggle things around this time as people are going on to nighters, etc and have asked for early spots so I hope these times are ok for everyone, let me know if there's any probs and I'll sort them out. Hope to see everyone on Saturday for a great night of quality sounds, with this line-up there will be something for everyone!! :lol:

i;ll be over sat' looking forward to joan's and carl's spots along with the rest of the lads :lol: oh yer and meating the beastie i mean burscogh boy's:) :yes::unsure:

You're in luck, Nigels coming along so you can meat him--------I'm sure he's looking forward to it..............:yes::lol:

See you on Saturday!! :lol:

Had to juggle things around this time as people are going on to nighters, etc and have asked for early spots so I hope these times are ok for everyone, let me know if there's any probs and I'll sort them out. Hope to see everyone on Saturday for a great night of quality sounds, with this line-up there will be something for everyone!! :lol:

I must apologise in advance for doing a runner straight after my spot. Not something I usually do.

Really looking forward to Saturday :lol:

Cheers Phil, see you on Saturday. :lol:

DJ times:

8-----9..........Tony Blundell

9-----9.30..........Jumpin' Joan

9.30-----10..........Carl Farrington

10-----10.30..........Tony Brookes

10.30-----11..........Derek Watmough

11-----11.30..........Jumpin' Joan

11.30-----12..........Carl Farrington

12-----12.30..........Derek Watmough

12.30-----1..........Tony Brookes

Great Line Up, really looking forward now, it's only a day away. Setting off tomorrow afternoon, hopefully all the holiday traffic will be, where they want to be!!! (out of our way) by the time we hit the Pennines. See you at 8. Don't want to miss a single choon.

KTF................... Bridgey & Linda

Edited by Bridgey

Great Line Up, really looking forward now, it's only a day away. Setting off tomorrow afternoon, hopefully all the holiday traffic will be, where they want to be!!! (out of are way) by the time we hit the Pennines. See you at 8. Don't want to miss a single choon.

KTF................... Bridgey & Linda

I've been in touch with the Legion and they've got plentiful supplies of Newky Brown in stock so you don't have to drink pink gins like the last time you came.......:lol::unsure:

See you both tomorrow!! :lol:

Clothes :lol: Ironed

Shoes :g: Polished

Bags :D Packed

Car :D Fuelled Up

Just about to set off to: "God's Country" yes.gif "Red Rose Lancashire" for a brilliant "as always" night at the Legion.

See Ya at "8"....thumbsup.gif Don't want to miss a single choon....:wicked:

KTF............................ Bridgey & Linda....:):thumbsup::thumbup:

Not forgetting; "looking forward to the Newky Brown"... LOL....:thumbup:

Back on track, this month, so I should be there , another excellant line up, and musically as well, I'm wondering is it Burscough Boys or Beastie Boys who will be in attendance. If everyone turns up as said, it should be a good turnout. All the best to Tony, Lisa and all the legion regulars.

I think beastie boys is probably the description I'd use................................and girls too.........................:wicked:

See you later Nigel, and by the way we've told Smurfy what you said so if I were you I'd take cover....................in your wardrobe preferably.............laugh.gif

I don't know Tony, what with wardrobes, meat, beastie boys, we only need the lion and the witch. Are these goings on , just in Burscough, or nationally, as well. There are websites via google, mind blowing!. As for the meat, keep it in the butchers shop. See you all later, Nigel A.

Source Advert