Joe Jama - Anyone Know The Release Date?

Pete S

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks folks, what I really want to do is establish whether it's a 60's or a 70's release cos if it's 60's it will f*ck up my latest podcast and I wanted to include it.

And there was me hoping you had found a time machine and were looking for exact date so you could transport yourself back and shoot Joe Jama the day before he recorded it,.

Any chance of you making a special version of that PC without that on it, save my FF button...:thumbsup:

:lol:

Edited by jocko
Social source share

And there was me hoping you had found a time machine and were looking for exact date so you could transport yourself back and shoot Joe Jama the day before he recorded it,.

Any chance of you making a special version of that PC without that on it, save my FF button...:thumbsup:

:lol:

Why, do you not like it or something?

I think it's one of the best records I've ever heard. Not vocally or instrumentally, just the fact it's so happy and optimistic, always cheers me up, specially when I think of that bit of film I posted of Sam dancing round the room to it when he was about 3.

Social source share

Why, do you not like it or something?

I think it's one of the best records I've ever heard. Not vocally or instrumentally, just the fact it's so happy and optimistic, always cheers me up, specially when I think of that bit of film I posted of Sam dancing round the room to it when he was about 3.

I actually only heard this in last couple of years but no it just doesn't work for me, it ticks a lot of boxes for an NS dancer but something, not just the poor vocals, really grates and annoys me, mind you Bob and Fred and Johnny Rogers have always had the same effect on me so maybe my taste isnt flawless after all :thumbsup:

Social source share

I would say more 1972. The label wasn't around for too long and the Royal Jesters is '73.

Could be wrong though.

Kev; found this on the royal jesters - all 1969-ish

Royal Jesters - Harlem, Jox, Cobra, Clown, Optimum, GCP, - '59 - '70

Lanier - founders Oscar Lawson, Henry Hernandez,

Musicians - w/ trumpet Victor Alvarado

Cut 2 lps - "We go Together" Jester '65 & Chevere Optimum '69

First single "My angel of Love" Harlem w/ Charlie & Jive

Start w/ 65 - leap to '69 - from Doo Wop to the Brown Sound

Optimum recordings have a very distinct deep, Soulful sound. Very earthy and smoky vocals combined with gritty drumming and selective covers - very Chicano sound of the lates '60's and early '70s. very, very distinct from Motown.

Set 2:

Royal Jesters "My Love, My Love" Jester - '65

Royal Jesters "I want to take you Higher" - Optimum - '69 Lp cut

Royal Jesters "Manning Avenue" Optimum - '70

Royal Jesters "Tried & Convicted" Optimum - '69 - Lp cut

Royal Jesters "Here I go Again" Optimum - '69 - Lp cut

Social source share

I actually only heard this in last couple of years but no it just doesn't work for me, it ticks a lot of boxes for an NS dancer but something, not just the poor vocals, really grates and annoys me, mind you Bob and Fred and Johnny Rogers have always had the same effect on me so maybe my taste isnt flawless after all :thumbsup:

Well you're not alone there, I only heard it 3 years ago at the most, I just liked it immediately.

Social source share

Well you're not alone there, I only heard it 3 years ago at the most, I just liked it immediately.

Pete ...i've got a cd of his somehwere ,called "My Life"

He is alive and well and re-did all the songs in a studio for the cd but the "My life" is different from the original 45 ??

You can have it for nothing if you want it ...send me your addy and i'll pop it in the post for you:thumbsup:

Social source share

He is alive and well and re-did all the songs in a studio for the cd but the "My life" is different from the original 45 ??

You can have it for nothing if you want it ...send me your addy and i'll pop it in the post for you:thumbsup:

Appreciate the offer Nev but dunno if I'd like anything else, especially a remake!

Social source share

think the re-recording is from 2002 or thereabouts. Not very good the re-recording either.

He is on myspace.

Social source share

Kev; found this on the royal jesters - all 1969-ish

Royal Jesters - Harlem, Jox, Cobra, Clown, Optimum, GCP, - '59 - '70

Lanier - founders Oscar Lawson, Henry Hernandez,

Musicians - w/ trumpet Victor Alvarado

Cut 2 lps - "We go Together" Jester '65 & Chevere Optimum '69

First single "My angel of Love" Harlem w/ Charlie & Jive

Start w/ 65 - leap to '69 - from Doo Wop to the Brown Sound

Optimum recordings have a very distinct deep, Soulful sound. Very earthy and smoky vocals combined with gritty drumming and selective covers - very Chicano sound of the lates '60's and early '70s. very, very distinct from Motown.

Set 2:

Royal Jesters "My Love, My Love" Jester - '65

Royal Jesters "I want to take you Higher" - Optimum - '69 Lp cut

Royal Jesters "Manning Avenue" Optimum - '70

Royal Jesters "Tried & Convicted" Optimum - '69 - Lp cut

Royal Jesters "Here I go Again" Optimum - '69 - Lp cut

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!