Good Grief

Pete S

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I agree with the feeling of shock, but isn't this the reality and indeed a true reflection of a records current worth, if i had a copy (and i don't, prefer Baby Washingtons...and i have that original version) that i wanted to sell, then i'd be banging it on E-Bay tomorrow and hopefully these "Soul" fans (well Jesus they have to be !) would pay top dollar and make me a happy person........

PS....we see this type of post time and time again, but this is the "Reality"

Pete i'm certain as selling records is your way of life, that you can appreciate that, or would you rather sell it at a more realistic (?) price, like to think you would but hell i'm a pragmatist and i know i'd try and get the Shilling for my sales 45's.

Social source share

:graywanker:  :graywanker:  :graywanker:  :graywanker:  :graywanker:

lol

Mark Bicknell.

link

:thumbsup: , yeah Mark but with disposable income........

Social source share

Guest andycambs

There is one of these on Mr Manship's auction with 19 days to go and its around £260, I say its gonna make more than $1300!

I remember a guy picking one up at a record fair in Peterborough in the early 90's for £2.50, some you win eh.

Andy

Social source share

Got mine for 50p at a bootfair, naked without sleeve but in remarkably fine condition. The trouble is I can't bring myself to sell it as I know I'll never own it again, even though I don't think i've played it for a year. I also like the Baby Washington version, which ironically I paid more for and not a particularly cheap record anymore either.

Edited by noss
Social source share

I agree with the feeling of shock, but isn't this the reality and indeed a true reflection of a records current worth, if i had a copy (and i don't, prefer Baby Washingtons...and i have that original version) that i wanted to sell, then i'd be banging it on E-Bay tomorrow and hopefully these "Soul" fans (well Jesus they have to be !) would pay top dollar and make me a happy person........

PS....we see this type of post time and time again, but this is the "Reality"

Pete i'm certain as selling records is your way of life, that you can appreciate that, or would you rather sell it at a more realistic (?) price, like to think you would but hell i'm a pragmatist and i know i'd try and get the Shilling for my sales 45's.

link

I would have sold it by set sale mate, I only auction records if a) they aren't mine and cool.gif if I have no idea of the price. The last one of these I had, I sold for £175 to Mick Smith, he got £300 for it about 2 weeks later I think. I'd ask £400 now.

Social source share

There is one of these on Mr Manship's auction with 19 days to go and its around £260, I say its gonna make more than $1300!

I remember a guy picking one up at a record fair in Peterborough in the early 90's for £2.50, some you win eh.

Andy

link

I was at a record fair in Southsea with Rob Messer and Dave Ingle many years ago.

I was patiently making my way through a 150 box, whilst Rob raced through a similar sized box next to me, constantly checking what I was looking at as well.

He reached the end of his box with no success, and leaned over to start looking through my box from the back as I was only half way through.

I told him to wait - which he ignored, so next minute we were at each others throat. :thumbsup:

Whilst this was happening Dave Ingle strolled over and managed to pull a Timi Yuro from one of the boxes for £1 :D

Not sure which box, but confident I never missed it....so it could well have been mine.......still blame Rob for that till this day..... :angry:

Social source share

What you saying you get your bird to push the price up :D

link

Had over a dozen items going through then. After losing a mint Capitol, Nancy Wilson for four quid, to some dude in Germany. Thought it wise to use Joanne's ID to put a £40 bid on that LP, which I thought was reasonable. But was surprised when it didn't fetch more. Took my eye off the ball see. Not with Timi though. Paid my £800 tax bill that month. Glad I've still got the LP. :D:thumbsup:

Social source share

I was at a record fair in Southsea with Rob Messer and Dave Ingle many years ago.

I was patiently making my way through a 150 box, whilst Rob raced through a similar sized box next to me, constantly checking what I was looking at as well.

He reached the end of his box with no success, and leaned over to start looking through my box from the back as I was only half way through.

I told him to wait - which he ignored, so next minute we were at each others throat. :D

Whilst this was happening Dave Ingle strolled over and managed to pull a Timi Yuro from one of the boxes for £1  :thumbsup:

Not sure which box, but confident I never missed it....so it could well have been mine.......still blame Rob for that till this day..... :angry:

link

And we wonder why some one punched him in the head :D:D

Social source share

I bought mine at a boot sale for £1 in 1990. This copy is now in the hands of Dawn Brown (Nick Browns' wife), as the result of a trade for The Arcades on Triad a couple of years later!!

Still, I'm pleased it went to a couple of very good friends!!

Social source share

Bloody Norah!!!!! If anyone wants my mint copy for the ridiculous sum of £800 then get in touch :unsure:

Mace, whatever happened to Dave Ingle??? I remember giving him a lift to a soul weekender many moons ago and picking him up in Loughborough. I also remember he paid a wedge for silky Hargraves on Dearborn from Adey Pierce and I'm talking circa '89 - happy days those old R&S bashes whistling.gif He used to do northern nights in Leicester for a while with Paul Rudzitis et al, but i've not seen him or heard of him for a while?

Rich

Social source share

makes the person who is offering £350 for a mint copy in record collector wants section look abit out of touch  , or is this the true value but soulies keep paying more than the last copy to get one

link

More likely to be a dealer who knows what he can get for it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert