Todays Extremely Underplayed Cheapie

Soulof

• Replies 36
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Ruby Winters " Just Like A Yo Yo " Dimond, Just carnt stop playing it gets better every time, and dare iSay it, I think it Better then 'Better'

Social source share

Guess it goes to show that even B-sides of chart hits have their day somewhere. Like these:

GLORIA GAYNOR: We Just Can't Make It (B-side of Never Can Say Goodbye)

BRENTON WOOD: I Think You've Got Your Fools Mixed Up (B-side of Gimme Little Sign)

EDEN KANE: A New Kind Of Lovin' (B-side of Forget Me Not, later covered by Patrice Rushen whistling.gif )

Are there more?

Social source share

Ooh you'll get slated for that on here Gene.  I think it's great, got one on Decca whistling.gif

link

LOL Ian! As a collector of 50s/60s chart hits, it's a must-have for me! But I do like Eden Kane, especially this one (both sides), even though he was Peter Sarstedt's bruv!!

Social source share

LOL Ian!  As a collector of 50s/60s chart hits, it's a must-have for me!  But I do like Eden Kane, especially this one (both sides), even though he was Peter Sarstedt's bruv!!

link

Had a unique voice didn't he? In fact I've got a huge soft spot for "Well I ask You". It's one of the first records that registered on my conscienceness as a 3 or 4 year old I distinctly remember it on what I guess was the the old BBC Light programme. whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Ruby Winters " Just Like A Yo Yo " Dimond, Just carnt stop playing it gets better every time, and dare iSay it, I think it Better then 'Better'

link

:angry: What!!!!.......it's good but it's not BETTER.........well, I would say that as it's my theme tune whistling.gif Better to be a poor man's woman than an expensive bitch.......if the lyrics don't say that, what do they say :unsure: Jo

Social source share

Had a unique voice didn't he?  In fact I've got a huge soft spot for "Well I ask You".  It's one of the first records that registered on my conscienceness as a 3 or 4 year old I distinctly remember it on what I guess was the the old BBC Light programme.  :unsure:

link

You've just given your age away Dayo!! whistling.gif

Social source share

You've just given your age away Dayo!! whistling.gif

link

DOH! :unsure:

47 ... and the weekend is still for canin' it!

PS Just read thread title properly - Jess Fisher probably not a cheapie. But here's one for you; I Love You Yes I Do - The Independents. Mix could have a tad more balls, but what a gorgeous song.

Social source share

Guess it goes to show that even B-sides of chart hits have their day somewhere.  Like these:

GLORIA GAYNOR: We Just Can't Make It (B-side of Never Can Say Goodbye)

BRENTON WOOD: I Think You've Got Your Fools Mixed Up (B-side of Gimme Little Sign)

EDEN KANE: A New Kind Of Lovin' (B-side of Forget Me Not, later covered by Patrice Rushen  :unsure: )

Are there more?

link

Brenton Wood,tidy little tune top order sir!! whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Also "The Hand Of Fate" by The Babies on Dunhill - cheap as chips, top quality, but hardly ever gets played!!

link

Flip it over and play the "A" side - it's a great beat ballad - Gene Page was a great producer.

Three more great cheapies from me :

Candi Staton ~ Too Hurt To Cry ~ Fame :lol:

Junior Parker ~ You Can't Keep a Good Woman Down ~ Blue Rock :unsure:

Otis Leavil ~ Let Me Live/It's the Same Old Me ~ Blue Rock :P

If you don't know them - just go & buy 'em you will not be disappointed. For those that have them - put them back on the turntable and remind yourself just how good they are !!! whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest rachel

Also "The Hand Of Fate" by The Babies on Dunhill - cheap as chips, top quality, but hardly ever gets played!!

link

Flip it over and play the "A" side - it's a great beat ballad - Gene Page was a great producer.

I like this but maybe a bit too overly poppy/ 'girly'/ show-tune-like (I know what I'm trying to say but can't think of a word for it! whistling.gif ) for a lot of people?

Can't remember what the flip's like... off to dig it out.

Social source share

I reckon this should have been massive "Nina Simone - Touching & Caring" and a cheapie at that, CD same title.

link

It was massive in the 80's played from album, not totally sure but think Mr Salter and Adam should take a bow re this, then they were followed by many as was often the case for these two dj's in those days2!!

Yours

Jock "Meldrew" O'Connor

Edited by jocko
Social source share

Candi Staton ~ Too Hurt To Cry ~  Fame  :unsure:

Junior Parker ~  You Can't Keep a Good Woman Down ~  Blue Rock  :lol:

Otis Leavil ~  Let Me Live/It's the Same Old Me ~ Blue Rock  :P

If you don't know them - just go & buy 'em you will not be disappointed. For those that have them - put them back on the turntable and remind yourself just how good they are !!!  ohmy.gif

link

Adore "Too Hurt To Cry" - fabulous ballad. Good call.

Social source share

If you don't know them - just go & buy 'em you will not be disappointed. For those that have them - put them back on the turntable and remind yourself just how good they are !!!  :yes:

link

Candi Staton been in my play box for about 5 years Top Tune ohmy.gif

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

If you don't know them - just go & buy 'em you will not be disappointed. For those that have them - put them back on the turntable and remind yourself just how good they are !!!  :P

link

Just checked out Mr Manship's site and he has the Jr Parker at GBP 15 on an issue and 20 on a DJ copy - believe me - best 15 quid you will EVER spend - great midtempo sound ! ohmy.gif:yes::)

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Candi Staton been in my play box for about 5 years Top Tune ohmy.gif

link

been in mine since i prestatyn when ady lupton generously gave up his copy to me after much emotional blackmail

my favourite candi staton tune is can't stop being your fool off the candi LP - phillip mitchell composition - LP should be £5-10 imo

Social source share

Guest rachel

link

Thanks for the tip, pretty nice ohmy.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert