Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Premium Stuff

Proto Jays & Rivieras On Riley's

You Counterfeit Girl on Riley's was released as by The Rivieras and The Proto Jays ...

But which came first?

The Rivieras was on #369 while The Proto Jays release number was #8790

James Riley's numbering systems were all over the place laugh.gif

Anyone know the history please?

Great record thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff

Oh - if it helps I just spotted that The Rivieras address was 1871 Linwood while The Proto Jays was 12318 Dexter

Cheers

Richard

Rivieras - You Counterfeit Girl - Soul-tbc

Edited by Premium Stuff

this doesn't help, but apparently this group was from akron, OH

You're about 110 miles off...Toledo. Connected to Toledo's Lee and the Leopards.

You're about 110 miles off...Toledo. Connected to Toledo's Lee and the Leopards.

I think you may be wrong actually, as my source is someone who talked to Prentice Anderson of Lee and the Leopards and the Proto Jays, and my source knew the Leopards were from Toledo. Do you want me to follow up with my source to confirm? Thanks.

Actually I think I might have worked out the order of the two releases as Linwood seems to have come before Dexter - so this means the Rivieras came first because it used the Linwood address thumbsup.gif

The Riley's and Diamond Jim numbering systems intertwine and The Outcry on Riley's #8785 seems to be the last release with the Linwood address. Then the address changes to Dexter.

One exception I can find is the Terrifics on Diamond Jim #8784 (just one number before the Outcry) which already has the Dexter address - but that could just be because the two discs came out around the time of the relocation unsure.gif

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff

I think you may be wrong actually, as my source is someone who talked to Prentice Anderson of Lee and the Leopards and the Proto Jays, and my source knew the Leopards were from Toledo. Do you want me to follow up with my source to confirm? Thanks.

Yes, please

thanks

George

Guest enchantedrythm

photo jays was played first asa northern sound-72/73-couldnt believe it at the time when the rivieras turned up a couple of years later, the question is prob down to amatter of months as to release

Hi Bob

You got any more info for us please?

Thank you

Richard

Hi Bob

You got any more info for us please?

Thank you

Richard

I asked my source. He said that he hadn't talked to Prentice Anderson directly but had been sent a (long) recording of a private interview with Prentice Anderson so it was like talking to the primary source. I asked if he could confirm the different cities and he said that he had to find the CDs that the interview was on and listen to them (apparently it was very long) so I probably won't get a confirmation. Although he could have made a mistake, he did listen to Prentice Anderson so it's probably correct, but again I didn't get a confirmation.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts