Topic Title

Guest soul over easy

Guest soul over easy

having first came on to the scene in 1974 as a 16yr old lad intorduced to this fantastic scene of brill music and superb dancing i was hooked from my first experience of a nottingham palias all dayer.Back in the 70s we were fortunate to have one or two decent shops selling northern soul vinylin in nottingham  and in particular selecta disc wich  eventualy brought records out on its own black magic label,being a young lad through the 70s to mid 80s i sold three record collections for various reasons. I have just started collecting again mainly because most dj,s play a certain criteria of oldies and miss out many of the real memories i have.The asking price of certain records ive previously owned is ridiculous and we are being ripped off in reality for the asking price even for pressings,the point is we apparently pay over the odds for the demand of these obscure records? point being in a few more years the scene will be none existant do to our age and no young blood coming through to keep it alive.So those of you who have paid out hundreds of pounds will be stuck with the same records and you wouldnt be able to give them away as they will be worthless,only valuable to the owner,think realistically the vast majoirty of soulies are in the early to mid fities and the young age bracket is late 40s do you think in 16 yrs time we will have all nighters or massive get togethers? we will be more concentrating on planning our funerals lol.So dont pay over the ridiculous odds for records as please remember ur paying for a demand wich is gonna die soon just like us and you will be stuck with ur over the odds records,also another point if youve paid stupid money for pressings off certain dealers who also dj they wouldnt entertain you as a dj because you dont own an original copy,classic example of northern soul snobbery and i bet 99 point nine have owned pressings at some point and even played them? ...ktf tommo just being truthfull

Edited by soul over easy
Social source share

point being in a few more years the scene will be none existant do to our age and no young blood coming through to keep it alive.So those of you who have paid out hundreds of pounds will be stuck with the same records and you wouldnt be able to give them away as they will be worthless,only valuable to the owner,think realistically the vast majoirty of soulies are in the early to mid fities and the young age bracket is late 40s do you think in 16 yrs time we will have all nighters or massive get togethers? we will be more concentrating on planning our funerals lol.So dont pay over the ridiculous odds for records as please remember ur paying for a demand wich is gonna die soon just like us and you will be stuck with ur over the odds records

You have a fair point in regards to the U.K. scene, but there are lots of younger collectors & DJs abroad, especially Europe, who obviously have plenty of disposable income and are paying top dollar for big money rarities and have a lot longer life in 'em than most the OAPs in this country :rolleyes:

Social source share

You have a fair point in regards to the U.K. scene, but there are lots of younger collectors & DJs abroad, especially Europe, who obviously have plenty of disposable income and are paying top dollar for big money rarities and have a lot longer life in 'em than most the OAPs in this country :rolleyes:

The vast majority of 'big spenders' reside in the UK. Most of the top dollar records are oldies sought after in the UK and therefore bought by UK collectors.

You're right there are obviously quite a few younger european collectors/dj's with lots of money to spend on records. But their influence on the price development of Northern 45s is rather marginal IMO.

Social source share

The vast majority of 'big spenders' reside in the UK. Most of the top dollar records are oldies sought after in the UK and therefore bought by UK collectors.

You're right there are obviously quite a few younger european collectors/dj's with lots of money to spend on records. But their influence on the price development of Northern 45s is rather marginal IMO.

At the moment, yes, but in years to come I think this will most likely go the other way.

If that is the case, there will probably never be a lack of buyers for good quality rare records.

Also, I think the original poster was probably referrring to records in the value of hundreds, not thousands, and I think plenty of those price bracket 45s are going to Europe and beyond nowadays.

Social source share

having first came on to the scene in 1974 as a 16yr old lad intorduced to this fantastic scene of brill music and superb dancing i was hooked from my first experience of a nottingham palias all dayer.Back in the 70s we were fortunate to have one or two decent shops selling northern soul vinylin in nottingham and in particular selecta disc wich eventualy brought records out on its own black magic label,being a young lad through the 70s to mid 80s i sold three record collections for various reasons. I have just started collecting again mainly because most dj,s play a certain criteria of oldies and miss out many of the real memories i have.The asking price of certain records ive previously owned is ridiculous and we are being ripped off in reality for the asking price even for pressings,the point is we apparently pay over the odds for the demand of these obscure records? point being in a few more years the scene will be none existant do to our age and no young blood coming through to keep it alive.So those of you who have paid out hundreds of pounds will be stuck with the same records and you wouldnt be able to give them away as they will be worthless,only valuable to the owner,think realistically the vast majoirty of soulies are in the early to mid fities and the young age bracket is late 40s do you think in 16 yrs time we will have all nighters or massive get togethers? we will be more concentrating on planning our funerals lol.So dont pay over the ridiculous odds for records as please remember ur paying for a demand wich is gonna die soon just like us and you will be stuck with ur over the odds records,also another point if youve paid stupid money for pressings off certain dealers who also dj they wouldnt entertain you as a dj because you dont own an original copy,classic example of northern soul snobbery and i bet 99 point nine have owned pressings at some point and even played them? ...ktf tommo just being truthfull

I'm a bit confused by this 'doom and gloom' post Tommo. You've said you've started collecting again, but then told people don't buy records as the scene only has a short shelf life, as we're all about to drop off this mortal coil, it's a bit contradictory don't you think? Reading between the lines with talk of being 'ripped off' and 'northern soul snobbery' it feels like you have something else to say?? Apologies if I'm reading it wrongly

Winnie smile.gif

Social source share

Guest sadsam

Hi There

All the talk on here is about the high prices of records at this time, and the fact that we are all running out of time. But how about that, some people buy these records because we love them and couldn,t give a stuff how much they will be worth in ten years. I also have had three or four collections over the years, and had some great records in my time, that i could not be able to buy now because the high value. But you move on, you try to find records that not every one knows or is after. It can still be done today in case. Just this minute popped through the door came "I'LL GIVE YOU JUST A LITTLE MORE TIME" - CAL GREEN & the SPECIALS - FILMTOWN i got a great deal on this, spotting it on a e-bay listing that had a collection of soul records starting at $9.99 i got it touch with the guy and offered him $75 for the one record, he sent me the record and relisted the others that i didn't want he was pleased, i was over the moon so you see it still can be done, it justs take it bit of time. But please please stop all the crap about what these records will be worth in the years to come ONLY BUY RECORDS FOR THE RIGHT REASON for he love of the music, or a long time dead, get your when you can.

This is just my veiw on things, and i'm not trying to upset anyone, thanks SAM

Social source share

Totally agree is a fooking joke some of the prices records are being sold yesterday I give 15 to 20 records away for nowt to my brother who is starting to collect 20 to 40 pound priced records well thats the price dealers are selling for, anyhoo id rather do that that him getting sucked into to paying stupid prices. love the music hate the politics

Good post

Kieran

Social source share

I started collecting again at christmas, from 0 records, and have have to agree with Tommo about the price of some records, and not been able to replace most of the stuff I had 12 years ago when I sold my collection. Ridiculous prices for some stuff, and totally unaffordable to us mere everyday mortals!

However.... I am managing to find a lot of stuff that I remember that is not currently flavour of the month, or was never hugely popular at the time (wigan era), and getting it for what I think is a very good price, and hopefully I'm picking records that are the style of things that are getting played out at the moment, and therefore going to go up in value.

I am not going to complain if something I bought for £30 turns out to be worth £150 or more because someone "re discovers it" in the not too distant future and it starts getting played out, so I guess it's the old swings and roundabouts thing.

There are still bargains to be found, and i was over the moon to getan original ABC Demo of Holly St James - that's not love, and a Pepper Demo of Ollie Jackson - just a little while, from a week old website set up by a charity (thrift) shop in the states, it cost me $16.71 for both records, including the postage! Turned up unbroken an in excellent condition 10 days later too!

You have to look really hard to find true bargains, but they are still out there, so don't completely give up hop of owning some of the more expensive stuff!

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

I have an awful lot of records pass through my hands but my own collection is about 150 pressings, 50 British and a handful of cheap US originals, so what, I love them, I play them regularly my latest personal buy was 24 Hours A Day by Bafbara pennington - hardly worth any money but just a record that I like. And rarity doesn't always equal top quality does it.

Social source share

The price of records in 2011 is as it was in '68, '78, '88, '98, 2008 etc.........its all relevant.....you look at what the big ticket items were then & compare it to what a weekly wage was & you wont find that much difference on most things.........if you want em & cant afford em, you'll have do what we all do.......start diggin' & stop whinging thumbsup.gif .

And the biggest red herring being talked about on SS is how the arse is gonna fall out of the collectors scene with regards to prices, yeah, bollox, been talked about forever & still the demand is there & so it will remain......there are gonna be some awfully red faces about from those that saw there collections as an investment as opposed to a labour of love if they sell up early thinkin they're gonna cash in, cos it aint over until the fat dancer croaks my friends.......

Best Russ

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

having first came on to the scene in 1974 as a 16yr old lad intorduced to this fantastic scene of brill music and superb dancing i was hooked from my first experience of a nottingham palias all dayer.Back in the 70s we were fortunate to have one or two decent shops selling northern soul vinylin in nottingham and in particular selecta disc wich eventualy brought records out on its own black magic label,being a young lad through the 70s to mid 80s i sold three record collections for various reasons. I have just started collecting again mainly because most dj,s play a certain criteria of oldies and miss out many of the real memories i have.The asking price of certain records ive previously owned is ridiculous and we are being ripped off in reality for the asking price even for pressings,the point is we apparently pay over the odds for the demand of these obscure records? point being in a few more years the scene will be none existant do to our age and no young blood coming through to keep it alive.So those of you who have paid out hundreds of pounds will be stuck with the same records and you wouldnt be able to give them away as they will be worthless,only valuable to the owner,think realistically the vast majoirty of soulies are in the early to mid fities and the young age bracket is late 40s do you think in 16 yrs time we will have all nighters or massive get togethers? we will be more concentrating on planning our funerals lol.So dont pay over the ridiculous odds for records as please remember ur paying for a demand wich is gonna die soon just like us and you will be stuck with ur over the odds records,also another point if youve paid stupid money for pressings off certain dealers who also dj they wouldnt entertain you as a dj because you dont own an original copy,classic example of northern soul snobbery and i bet 99 point nine have owned pressings at some point and even played them? ...ktf tommo just being truthfull

alternatively you could buy a cd or download some mp3's....no value to those so no loss to you

rolleyes.gif

Social source share

Tommo

I'm more than happy to keep hold of what I can from my collection and keep adding to it whenever possible. Also more than happy to enjoy them 'til I 'pop me clogs'. then it's up to some other fortunate to carry the flag. What can you do eh? One Life, One Soul. KTF.

Best

Kev

Social source share

If you want to buy top indemand records expect to pay top indemand prices. If you wanna hear the sounds of days gone by buy CDs.

There again if you want to hear something a bit different & cheap then there's plenty out there. Just search for it ! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

The price of records in 2011 is as it was in '68, '78, '88, '98, 2008 etc.........its all relevant.....you look at what the big ticket items were then & compare it to what a weekly wage was & you wont find that much difference on most things.........if you want em & cant afford em, you'll have do what we all do.......start diggin' & stop whinging thumbsup.gif .

And the biggest red herring being talked about on SS is how the arse is gonna fall out of the collectors scene with regards to prices, yeah, bollox, been talked about forever & still the demand is there & so it will remain......there are gonna be some awfully red faces about from those that saw there collections as an investment as opposed to a labour of love if they sell up early thinkin they're gonna cash in, cos it aint over until the fat dancer croaks my friends.......

Best Russ

Yeah Russ but the difference is now we're (mostly) seriously knocking on the door of old age, whereas 10, 20 years ago it was along way into the future.

Dont want to sound too morbid but the fact of the matter is that in 20 years time alot of us 50+ year olds will be dead.

To keep the same demand an equal number of younger people will have to appear from somewhere to keep the number of collectors (and therefore the demand) the same. Do you think this will happen?

Back to the original post I agree with a lot of the points made. Looking through boxes at events I often see records with £40/50 on them that you can easily pick up on ebay for £15/20.

Impossible I know but I'd love to know what % of records actually sell either at venues or on here/ebay for the asking price.

Social source share

Yeah Russ but the difference is now we're (mostly) seriously knocking on the door of old age, whereas 10, 20 years ago it was along way into the future.

Dont want to sound too morbid but the fact of the matter is that in 20 years time alot of us 50+ year olds will be dead.

To keep the same demand an equal number of younger people will have to appear from somewhere to keep the number of collectors (and therefore the demand) the same. Do you think this will happen?

Back to the original post I agree with a lot of the points made. Looking through boxes at events I often see records with £40/50 on them that you can easily pick up on ebay for £15/20.

Impossible I know but I'd love to know what % of records actually sell either at venues or on here/ebay for the asking price.

I sell between 80 and 90 % of all of mine at the first price listed, if they don't sell I reduce them until they eventually go. Then again, I put reasonable prices on my records usually, not like some sellers on here. It's as if they don't actually want to sell them, just show they've got them!

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

I have just started collecting again mainly because most dj,s play a certain criteria of oldies and miss out many of the real memories i have.

the point is we apparently pay over the odds for the demand of these obscure records?

So dont pay over the ridiculous odds for records as please remember ur paying for a demand wich is gonna die soon just like us and you will be stuck with ur over the odds records,

if youve paid stupid money for pressings off certain dealers who also dj they wouldnt entertain you as a dj because you dont own an original copy,classic example of northern soul snobbery and i bet 99 point nine have owned pressings at some point and even played them?

I'd question you motives for collecting.

If it's just to hear sounds you remember then get CD's

If you think things are overpriced don't buy them, if they don't sell they'll come down in price, if they do then the price was fair to someone.

If; as the end of your post implies; you really want to DJ? Then its horses for courses, don't expect to be playing at all nighters with a box full of bootlegs but also don't expect punters at many local soul nights to know or care if its on CD, MP3, boot or original.

Decide if you're a wannabe DJ, a serious rare soul collector, a speculative investor or a guy on a trip down memory lane and if you can afford to be the one you want to be.

Just being truthful thumbsup.gif

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The biggest advert for justifying playing boots iv'e read on here.And one of the most negative.Dont tell folks how or on what records to spend their hard on.!!!!

Live life like you meant it.I thought you were starting to dj?.You buy the pressings and cd's.Leave the others to make up their own minds.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

hi there if some one bought a round of drink's at the bar for say £15.00 would he ever get the £15.00 back ? do we ever get any return on booze , tabacco ,clothes , drug's ,plant's for the garden ,dvd's let's face it if you paid a tenner for a copie of the termanator on a vhs video when it first came out you probably watched it over and over and now have it on dvd so you'll never get your tenner back .It's no good looking at you collection for a future investment it either will be or won't be and in twenty or thirty years time if your on your death bed are you really going to reflect on every thing that you have ever bought during your life.No and I'm gonna tell you why , when my dad was dieing he spent the last few month's of his life in the oncology ward at Boston hospitol all the men in there had termanal cancer , I said to him that if I won the lottery I'd get him somewhere nice to spend the rest of his day's , my old boy looked at me and said ask these poor bastards in here if they've done the lottery they'll tell you no point as we've all got an apointment with death shortly.I think the point is enjoy yourself while you can and if you want to spend some money on some tunes why not .The record price's only really reflect inflation and I'll tell you what man we've got 45's going out the door like clay pidgeons no one seems bothered about any future value,I've got a lot of people buying reissues left right and center they don't care if it's original or not .I'll quote Tim Ashebende he told me many years ago collecting takes time and skill and work but not necceserly money think about it ! happy hunting Si.

Social source share

Steve - the scene is & has been for many years now international. There are collectors all over the world half our age collecting, listenig & dancing to Rare Soul 45's & they number several hundreds if not thousands, it aint just about us any more, anyone who still believes we are the be all & end all of it are greatly mistaken. No longer is Rare Soul something that happens north of Watford Gap & hasnt been for a decade or more.............where folk buy there records will be up to them, venues or ebay or else where, but buy them they will for many, many years to come........

Best Russ

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Sorry ..should have read stiffy.No really should have read "Hard earned".yes.gif

hope nobody minds but i am going to go and fritter my hard on on some records i will never get any money back on!

and do i care :lol:

Social source share

Keep your cash in your pocket Over easy, go out and enjjoy yourself, enough djs already...

Or if you want to collect then do as many of us do, really shop around and dig a little, many many quality tunes out there for very little money..

Many record dealers are on the back foot.. I collect vinyl to play it, at home our at a venue... The condition aint key to me, don't need anything near mint to dj with, many vg + play very very well and at a fraction of the price :thumbsup:

I see so many records in boxes for sale at niters/ soul nights that will never ever sell at them prices when they are cropping up on ebay for peanuts...

As the song says...

" shop around"

Social source share

Steve - the scene is & has been for many years now international. There are collectors all over the world half our age collecting, listenig & dancing to Rare Soul 45's & they number several hundreds if not thousands, it aint just about us any more, anyone who still believes we are the be all & end all of it are greatly mistaken. No longer is Rare Soul something that happens north of Watford Gap & hasnt been for a decade or more.............where folk buy there records will be up to them, venues or ebay or else where, but buy them they will for many, many years to come........

Best Russ

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one Russ, we'll have a chat in 20 years and see who was right :lol:

Agree with a lot of the other points I dont care how much my records end up being worth :rolleyes: With regard to relative values, fair do's to an extent but I wouldnt want to pay £15 for a pint if you know what I mean

PS hope we're both here in 20 years to settle it :thumbsup:

Social source share

Just a thought. Why does anyone who's got some records think that they can be a dj?

At any given times I've got enough good records for a great spot and I know how to put the spot together, I really do. And I have done in the past, many times.

Except I hate using the mic.

Therefore I am not a proper DJ and I do not think I am a DJ.

But everyone else is, apparently :thumbsup:

Social source share

Just a thought. Why does anyone who's got some records think that they can be a dj?

At any given times I've got enough good records for a great spot and I know how to put the spot together, I really do. And I have done in the past, many times.

But everyone else is, apparently :rolleyes:

Good point, had this very same discussion in the pub at Whitby on Sat afternoon. You used to have to earn your place behind the decks and the respect that goes with it, I've heard a few talk about buying records to "become" a DJ over recent years :thumbsup:

Social source share

Having read this ..i am now well and truly crapping myself and seriously contemplating selling every piece of vinyl i have :thumbsup:

Then again .....it would take someone with a bit more imagination than this to scare me into believing the end was nigh :rolleyes:

Social source share

Like what? What are the oldies you want to hear but don't?

"a certain criteria of oldies" ?? I thought the only criteria for an oldie was that it had to be OLD. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

....I have just started collecting again mainly because most dj,s play a certain criteria of oldies and miss out many of the real memories i have.The asking price of certain records ive previously owned is ridiculous and we are being ripped off in reality for the asking price even for pressings,the point is we apparently pay over the odds for the demand of these obscure records? point being in a few more years the scene will be none existant do to our age and no young blood coming through to keep it alive.So those of you who have paid out hundreds of pounds will be stuck with the same records and you wouldnt be able to give them away as they will be worthless,only valuable to the owner...

Translation courtesy of the pat. pending Godzilla International Double-Speak Decipherer:

"I would like to have lots of records that I once owned when they were cheaper. I would like to buy them all again but am not prepared to pay current prices. Therefore you should all stop buying these records so that the price drops and I am able to buy them again.

Please sell me cheap records.

Thank you".

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest audiavant

Translation courtesy of the pat. pending Godzilla International Double-Speak Decipherer:

"I would like to have lots of records that I once owned when they were cheaper. I would like to buy them all again but am not prepared to pay current prices. Therefore you should all stop buying these records so that the price drops and I am able to buy them again.

Thank you".

like a fuckin a brick!

Social source share

The biggest advert for justifying playing boots iv'e read on here.And one of the most negative.Dont tell folks how or on what records to spend their hard on.!!!!

Live life like you meant it.I thought you were starting to dj?.You buy the pressings and cd's.Leave the others to make up their own minds.

Took the words right out of my mouth Kev. Exactly the point he is trying to make as i know he buys boots and DJ's with them along with a vast amount (not all) of other "DJs" in the Notts area!

Social source share

Thank you".

Love it Godz,Stanley Unwin would have been proud .Deep joy.:thumbsup:

Social source share

But everyone else is, apparently :thumbsup:

You've not seen me or "Slipmat" Steve L....:rolleyes: its like Laurel and Hardy.

Social source share

What a good reply Steve, how refreshing not to get the barrage of abuse just you happen to have your own opinion, I'd like to get ya a beer in well before 20 yrs, say hello if ya see me out n about :thumbsup: .

Russ

Russ if you're offering to get the beer in " I shall seek you out":lol: Then when the bottom drops out and I've just picked up a John & The Wierdest for £50, I'll get em in :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

i may not have the best collection around and i never bought them as an investment so knowing how tough things must be for you if you pm me you can have them all for the price i paid for them cos i now have them all on my ipod and on cd so would be willing to just get back back what i paid for them and of been able to have the added bonus of a few years enjoyment out of them so time to get some cash back before i die and a weekend away in Sheerness would be great to see my last days out on this hallowed planet :thumbsup: and to think im only 43 :rolleyes:

Social source share

jeezus, wish i hadn't read this thread now, I feel kinda depressed with all this death talk :lol:

I buy records coz I like them. I have a fair amount of originals, some that I know I have paid over the top for (not big ticket numbers, about £250 is max I pay for mine). I dont buy them as investment, nor to dj with ... they are my hobby and passion.

Sometimes I get the privilige of playing them out when I do get asked to DJ ... and I'm happy as a pig in shit to hear them out over a loud sytem and hopefully have others enjoy them when I do play them out occasionally

But the reason for buying them is I love the mucic, the joy of having the record ... and a bit sad but true, to look at them :rolleyes:

I have a lot of boots that have been bought over the years and when and if I get the chance I replace them with originals.

Why do I keep spending at least £100 a month on records????? Because I'm addicted to it and love it :lol:

What will happen to them when I die....fook knows.....my daughter will probably sell them and treat her kids with the money :thumbsup:

Social source share

I've bought non stop since I was 12/13.....all sorts of music, psych,jazz,latin,beat etc etc.I used to buy doubles if they were good and cheap enough as well.I have a rule now that I only use money from stuff I sell to pay for the northern.Offload all them boots...you will be suprised how much you will get for them and invest in a good collection of originals.People have been saying that vinyl will die...when did Brothers In Arms Come Out??? and there's no sign of it.Prices just keep going up.When do you ever see good £5 records now . The base is £15-£20.If youre hoping for a crash then I think you will be waiting a long time.I know an investor that has stopped putting money in the bank and buys mint only rare UK Progressive LP's...instead of stocks and shares.

Social source share

I have not been out socially on the scene since the early 90s

I have sold collections since that time. And have regretted selling not for any other reason than the missing 45s that I want back but did not realise at the time were rare.

I collect original records all the time.

This is my hobby.

I am prepared to pay whatever I fooking feel like for a 45

I do my homework.... I make my bid !

What the hell has that got the fook to do with you ?

I am not a DJ ..... I am a collector ...............

You don't know me and will never meet me !

Oh.................and I am only in my late 30s by the way !

I will look forward to out bidding you soon !

I get so pissed off with you "I was here in 1972" people

Its not 1972...... its not even 1993.............. Its fooking 2011 !

and there are still loads of great 45s to discover !

Your post is total bobins mate.

I would fook off and have a big think !

What have you brought to the party?

I said to myself I would not involve myself with the Soul-source banter again.

but I am a record collector - and when I see shit like this - i cant help myself

Edited by dancecrasher
Social source share

i got to stick up for my mate here tommo here...

the oldies scene is hard one to crack for ne new dj

it s took me 30 years to get some niter gigs and its bloody hard work

micks right alot of oldies djs play the same oldies and theres so many forgotten ones out there

but some oldies are stll rare and expensicve to get ....u gotta have money to buy them

micks a great bloke and should not be ridiculed to want to play something diffferent...

Social source share

the whole point of collecting is to dig the obscure things is it not ?

I have oldies in my collection, from Luther Ingram...Joannie Sommers.....bla bla bala I could bore you all day !

But his point was different.

he was trying to say that we are stupid for paying big money for records because we are all getting older.

and no one is going to love this music in 20 years on original vinyl

well that may be his personal feeling.

but my feeling is completely different.

I will be always loving collecting,

leave us record collectors alone - there are collectors out here who are not part of the northern scene .

I have no passion to be a DJ -

I Just keep on listening to and collecting records for what they are worth to me !

Edited by dancecrasher
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

i got to stick up for my mate here tommo here...

the oldies scene is hard one to crack for ne new dj

it s took me 30 years to get some niter gigs and its bloody hard work

micks right alot of oldies djs play the same oldies and theres so many forgotten ones out there

but some oldies are stll rare and expensicve to get ....u gotta have money to buy them

micks a great bloke and should not be ridiculed to want to play something diffferent...

thing is though if he aint got them then he cant play them and like you who took 30 years to get where you wanted to be why should he be fast tracked cos he cant afford the big money tunes everyone and their dog has battered to death since discovered leave it to thise that do have them,

what i will never understand is the obsession with so many to become a dj to just play what you can hear every week, is it about the music or is it about themselves ???

sorry if this comes accross as a pop at you as its not its just a reply inline with the thread :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!