Some Blue-Eyed Northern Soul, Anyone?

• Replies 241
  • Views 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

How can this inferior version trump Dee Dee Warwicks sublime original??

Has Len Barry been mentioned yet? A true ns hero.

What about April Stevens, Jimmy Seals, John Andrews, Frankie & Johnny, Sharon Soul??

Good call.......

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I'm a fan of Susan Rafey. Hurt So Bad and I Can't Say are stand outs by her.

Can't get Refosoul to work for some reason... :)

Social source share

I'm a fan of Susan Rafey. Hurt So Bad and I Can't Say are stand outs by her.

Can't get Refosoul to work for some reason... :)

That is a fantastic version, I've actually got this, one of the few originals I actually bothered to keep cos I knew it wasn't available on a pressing.

Social source share

That Judy Hughes record is terrible but thanks for putting the clip up, I'd never seen it before, I thought it was just a rumour!

No problem.

I wish Tony Smith would come round to your way of thinking and sell me his copy for a snip, instead of the grand + this goes for. sad.gif

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I'm guessing Beverley Ann is white. You've got your mind.... and He's Coming Home, on the right night, can usually get me dancing. When I first started going to nights around the Gloucester area, he's Coming Home was a sure bet to get a full dancefloor for any DJ.

Maybe wouldnt get the same reaction, outside of a Sunday evening at a weekender?

Social source share

I'm guessing Beverley Ann is white. You've got your mind.... and He's Coming Home, on the right night, can usually get me dancing. When I first started going to nights around the Gloucester area, he's Coming Home was a sure bet to get a full dancefloor for any DJ.

Maybe wouldnt get the same reaction, outside of a Sunday evening at a weekender?

Definately white, she is in fact Breverly Bremmers who sang "get smart girl" on Scepter, she's also on Facebook and happy to answer "friend" requests and have the odd chat! :thumbsup:

Social source share

alan davids early recordings on parlaphone...............blue aces , all i want on decca.. [an irish show band] but brill.................and from paul ortiz , a latino blue eyed sounding beautiful track . "tender love " on refo and you tube i think .a currant favourite of mine..:thumbsup: ....... suzy cope.........a british 60s girl singer..........loads isnt there ??? ..........i note jim g's list above could contain many an early wigan play list :ohmy: .ezzie .....

Edited by ezzie brown
Social source share

Mike if you go up a bit of put a video of her singing You've Got Your Mind..

Social source share

Righteous brothers - it's up to you - mgm

One of my all-time face tracks Kenny lad thumbsup.gif The whole LP is superb.

Breakaway (Toni Basil), I put both the short and extended version of the video up on here. You should watch it when refo up and running again yes.gif

Social source share

The clip of Judy Hughes on Shivaree is absolutely awesome! I didn't know about it either, but I have just been pleasantly gobsmacked!

And she's quite a cutie!

PS - The Contessas is also brilliant! Can't believe it's only a £20something record - sounds like it should be worth at least five times that amount!

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

brilliant record,also another great record called peace pipe.

Yep - if it's the instrumental track you're talking about Gary, it's by Pal & The Prophets on Jamie.

I assume it's the same Pal (Rakes) & The Prophets who did "Can't Deny The Hurt" - is that right?

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

the mistake made here is.........they are called blue eyed northern just because someone played em out at some point (apart from danny wagner who is a soul singer )...........the rest are toe curling pop tunes one and all..........surely the passage of time from your younger days might just tell you this?.......no place for em !!!!! tezza

Social source share

the mistake made here is.........they are called blue eyed northern just because someone played em out at some point (apart from danny wagner who is a soul singer )...........the rest are toe curling pop tunes one and all..........surely the passage of time from your younger days might just tell you this?.......no place for em !!!!! tezza

:):lol::D:lol: ........pmsl

Social source share

Thats a bit harsh Terry, some of em yes but some nice records been mentioned.

Kris Peterson - Just as Much toe curlingpop? not in my book mate

See ya next week :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Thats a bit harsh Terry, some of em yes but some nice records been mentioned.

Kris Peterson - Just as Much toe curlingpop? not in my book mate

See ya next week :thumbsup:

sorry steve will concede this one as well......................but most of this stuff?...........you'll never hear todays proper dj,s playing any of it............garbage!!!!......and then some......see ya tezza

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert