Tony Drake 'suddenly'

Guest Ste Brazil

Guest Ste Brazil

I first heard this at a club in Leeds a number of years ago and have loved it ever since but never got around to buying it, what would be a realistic price to pay now, around the £200 mark or less?

Ste.

Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Ste Brazil

Definitely after a copy at the moment, i've seen it going through ebay a number of times in the past but nothing about recently it seems.

Ste.

Social source share

Guest Lobster Madras

Definitely after a copy at the moment, i've seen it going through ebay a number of times in the past but nothing about recently it seems.

Ste.

Bought one on here about a year back Steve..

£150 .

fantastic tune by the way

Social source share

I've mentioned this on here before, but will try again - When this record was very popular (and about £60) I swear one night at ( I think) The Orwell (or somewhere similar that those guys dj'ed at) somebody played a unique version, similar to the single but different enough to tell it was different. Max & I talked about how it actually improved on the 45 version on the journey home, so I know I'm not going daft or dreamed it, but ever since when I mentioned it to anyone (other than Max) who would have been there, all I get is blank looks and "don't remember that John".

Maybe somebody had got a home brewed mix, but it sure sounded "real". I washoping when they put out that CD that this "other" version might appear... alas 'twernt so

Social source share

I think its my favorite soul record..... love it

check youtube, theres an interview with Tony Drake. All about when he recorded it and jackie wilson is standing next to him and he started singing it like Jackie, he does a great impression singing the opening line.

I'm really into the whole period of brunswick of about 71-75, their best stuff i reckon Jackie Wilson lps, Lost Generation etc but this 7", chi-lites backing him does get much better too these ears

I was lucky enough to get one on ebay a few years back that went unsold, got it for £100 then.

Social source share

I've mentioned this on here before, but will try again - When this record was very popular (and about £60) I swear one night at ( I think) The Orwell (or somewhere similar that those guys dj'ed at) somebody played a unique version, similar to the single but different enough to tell it was different. Max & I talked about how it actually improved on the 45 version on the journey home, so I know I'm not going daft or dreamed it, but ever since when I mentioned it to anyone (other than Max) who would have been there, all I get is blank looks and "don't remember that John".

Maybe somebody had got a home brewed mix, but it sure sounded "real". I washoping when they put out that CD that this "other" version might appear... alas 'twernt so

Hi John, you sure you don't mean his alternative version of "Living in the fotsteps" which I did play off acetate at the Orwell, as well at other venues. It was a £30 'find' at a record dealer in Yorks.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert