What Do You Think Of This

Guest miff

Kevin Banks doing a retake of his mothers song,Go Now, wrote by his father, and I like it

I appreciate the sentiment, but unfortunately Kevin does not seem to have inherited the vocal gene from his mum in my opinion.

with singing, only being nearly there or halfway there is never gonna be enough.

I am sure better production etc could bring his voice up

pleasant enough, but I would not want to hear it again

Edited by luiz arruda paez
Social source share

Absolutely shocking! :ohmy:

Its not shocking at all

If someone sang like this at your local Pub on Karaoke night they would win the nights contest.

That's where I am with this guy.

I am more shocked at the bloke who posted it on here ! LOL

When is Mike gonna get this refoSoul Shit fixed !

Everyone must have loads of new tunes to up load !

Save us Mike !

Edited by luiz arruda paez
Social source share

I'm with Bessie ..... I like it !!! :D

He's got a really nice voice, and like some-one said earlier, listen to the song on it's own merit (without the video) and I'm sure many folk would give it the :thumbsup:

I bet she's right proud of him, and so she should be :yes::thumbsup:

Bessie was surely just being polite. She certainly didn't seem too impressed to me. I reckon she secretly twiddled her hearing aid off after the first few bars. :yes:

Anyway, I just listened to it without viewing the video and I have to say that his voice wasn't as good as I first thought. The audio on it's own reinforces the fact that all sentiment and feeling (let's call it "soul") in the original version seems to have been abandoned in favour of discotrickery. The lyrics don't suit the arrangement.

With a name like Kevin, what do you expect? :P

:hatsoff2: - Kev

Social source share

Bessie was surely just being polite. She certainly didn't seem too impressed to me. I reckon she secretly twiddled her hearing aid off after the first few bars. :yes:

Anyway, I just listened to it without viewing the video and I have to say that his voice wasn't as good as I first thought. The audio on it's own reinforces the fact that all sentiment and feeling (let's call it "soul") in the original version seems to have been abandoned in favour of discotrickery. The lyrics don't suit the arrangement.

With a name like Kevin, what do you expect? :P

:hatsoff2: - Kev

:lol: :lol:

I said I liked it, not loved it :rolleyes:

I LIKE the different take on the song, it's by no means a masterpiece, but not as shocking as the video would suggest :lol:

Anyway, stop being a Kevin-ist :D All the Kevin's I know are great, but I suppose that could change if I ever bump into you :wink::lol: x

Social source share

I wouldn't call it shocking, terrible or other such words but I can't ever see it being up there with his mothers original or even the Moody Blues.

'even' the Moody Blues? :g:

Best version! .......................(IMO)..............

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!