Recommended Record Of The Day, From Your Collection 2011

dthedrug

GREAT DOUBLE SIDED CHICAGO SOUND

post-2477-0-17315700-1324587577_thumb.jp

KEV

I posted this a while back KEV, got to be one of the best value double siders around if you like your midtempo stuff...Have been thinking about something though, perhaps people could give some feedback? It is getting bloody hard to keep abreast of this thread now, I mean in terms of it not getting to the point where we start getting duplicated postings simply because it is so huge! Would it not be better if this one was now 'archived' and we started Recomended Record of the Day VOLUME 2 and then continue building them in volumes and also be able to browse through them relatively easy? I mean can anybody imagine how long it would take someone to play their way through this thread now? Just an idea? Obviously it is DAVE'S thread so his ultimate decision but thought it might be worth thinking about? DAVE you have created a monster mate! How about a whole series of them now! :hatsoff2:

Social source share

I posted this a while back KEV, got to be one of the best value double siders around if you like your midtempo stuff...Have been thinking about something though, perhaps people could give some feedback? It is getting bloody hard to keep abreast of this thread now, I mean in terms of it not getting to the point where we start getting duplicated postings simply because it is so huge! Would it not be better if this one was now 'archived' and we started Recomended Record of the Day VOLUME 2 and then continue building them in volumes and also be able to browse through them relatively easy? I mean can anybody imagine how long it would take someone to play their way through this thread now? Just an idea? Obviously it is DAVE'S thread so his ultimate decision but thought it might be worth thinking about? DAVE you have created a monster mate! How about a whole series of them now! :hatsoff2:

Rich

Think that sounds a good idea...........I've forgotten what I've posted never what others have (it's my age :D)

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

One from me today that never made the monster status I think it deserves?Did get quite a lot of play at one time but seems to have disappeared from the decks completely,I think it has everything a great dancer needs?

Little Bob-Are You Ever Coming Home High-Up

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Great Idea!

DAVE! What d'ya think?

Social source share

Hi. Don. Crackin track id never heard until 10 minutes ago, just gone and bought it on ebay for a tenner.... what a tune for a tenner :) Great post. Baz.

What this thread is all about Baz, spot on mate, just wanna say I've heard some cracking tunes through this thread, and spreading the music and education is what it's all about, It has been a very uplifting expierence throughout these pages

a big thankyou to you all :thumbup:

steve

Social source share

I have to agree with the posts further up this page about starting a new thread on this, as its near on imposible to know if we are duplicating stuff, without checking tho` every page..... Anyway this is my offering for today!!!

I'm sure i posted up this way back in 1873 :lol: (the thread is getting long Rich)

Here's my 2 for today.Merry Christmas to you all. :thumbup:

First up,Edwin's classic....

And finally....Big Maybelle....words are useless......

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Last one this year....... Maybe :wink: Absolute gem, mid tempo, not hard to track down and a crackin double side at that. Atb for the New Year to everyone on Soul Source and especially everyone that has contributed to this thread, you`ve made the last month just fly by!!!!!! :hatsoff2:

Edited by Soulfulshoes
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Today we have ex backing singer for the Stones Merry Clayton who actually sang on there original version of Gimme Shelter giving her slant on the classic.Don't just love the scene when it embraces tunes like this.

Merry Clayton-Gimme Shelter ODE Records

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share