Banbury Internet Radio

Tabs

Guest mellytee

Charlie........you lot really took it up a notch! Where have you been hiding?

Good send off to that chapter of BIR; and now onward and upward to Chapter 2:"............all was quiet in the man cave, but something was stirring............"

The new novel by Nicholas N Turvey..........follow it weekly XXX

Melly XXXX

Edited by mellytee
Social source share

Thanks for all the positive comments. :yes:

Had a great night

We couldn't get into the chat room as most of the PC equipment has been removed.

But Nick gave us selected highlights when he could actually read them. :lol:

Same time, maybe same place :wicked: next week.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest eringobrath1965

Well ... that was some Awesome Tunage last night !!!!!! ...

The 3 Musketeers did BIR proud and even Tabs failed to fall asleep :D :D :D

Cracking night as per the norm and the usual factual and knowledgable banter in thee chat room :rofl:

Now where are my pills .. :P

Social source share

Well ... that was some Awesome Tunage last night !!!!!! ...

The 3 Musketeers did BIR proud and even Tabs failed to fall asleep :D :D :D

Cracking night as per the norm and the usual factual and knowledgable banter in thee chat room :rofl:

Now where are my pills .. :P

Yes as usual I have feck all knowledge to give lol

Suz x

Social source share

A big thank you to Nick for inviting us down to promote BSC for our Saturday night do, thank for your feedback it really does mean a lot to us, we all hope we played a little something for everyone and you all enjoyed it,

Steve

Edited by steve
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest mellytee

Warming up on Beat Ballard's thread I see :thumbup: ...............who knows what Eddie Hubbard will produce for us tomorrow...........no doubt some little gems he has squirreled (?) away or lifted from his recent trip.......Dithers & Carol stop dribbling, I can see you from here......... :P

Think it might be a special one tomorrow......or it might just be rubbish :wicked::D .......tune in and let us know.

BANBURY INTERNET RADIO

8 - 11 WITH 'DETROIT EDDIE' HUBBARD

'BIR: STRANGELY SUCCESSFUL?!

:huh:' copyright R. Morriss & E. Hubbard

Edited by mellytee
Social source share

Thanks everybody for logging in. Hope we played something for everyone. We all throughly enjoyed ourselves. It is total mayhem in there ......... Its a good job there's not a camera filming us. Thanks for all the positive feedback in the chatroom.

And also, a big thanks for Topsey!! Hopefully, see those of you who can make it at Banbury on Saturday.

Charlie Mc

Really enjoyed the first hour but had to go off to Independence day celebrations so missed the rest - Please put up your playlists Tabs & Charlie

ATB Steve

Social source share

Am really looking forward to presenting the radio show on my own this coming Tuesday on BIR .Nick will still be sitting there in case I try to blow anything up or lock myself out !! Mel has kindly offered to monitor the chatroom for me .The music will be everything I love about Black Soul music across the board ..Soulful Funk ,Rare Northern Soul , wrist slashing Deep Soul , Heavenly Beat Ballads , Crossover ..and every other style in between..I'll try to make it a fun listen also along with you ,the listeners .Will also add some stories from my adventure across the pond in Detroit and Chicago ....see you at the go go xx .

excellent so far

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Sharon H

Absolutely fantastic night of music .......expected nothing less from Eddie H ....just wonderful ! ....great banter in the chatroom too !

see you all next week ... xxx

Social source share

Guest mellytee

Am really looking forward to presenting the radio show on my own this coming Tuesday on BIR .Nick will still be sitting there in case I try to blow anything up or lock myself out !! Mel has kindly offered to monitor the chatroom for me .The music will be everything I love about Black Soul music across the board ..Soulful Funk ,Rare Northern Soul , wrist slashing Deep Soul , Heavenly Beat Ballads , Crossover ..and every other style in between..I'll try to make it a fun listen also along with you ,the listeners .Will also add some stories from my adventure across the pond in Detroit and Chicago ....see you at the go go xx .

Tom, Eddie asked me to come and help I did not invite myself along....just for your clarification.

Social source share

I have to say last nights playlist was 1st class, thoroughly enjoyed listening as I trawled the web for speeches to plunder!

Ronnie Dyson - "Fever" Tune of the evening.

:thumbup:

Social source share

Guest eringobrath1965

WOW !! .. can only echo the same thoughts as everyone who listen'd in last night .. Top tracks Top Info from Eddie and wonderful banter in the chat rooms !! :thumbup:

Even the Green Room was quite ... :yes: :yes: lol ... will now have to bore anyone who didnt listen with streams of info hastily scribbled down !!!

Maybe BIR sponsers could arrange a trip over to Detroit /New York so more great nights like this could happen ???? :yes: :yes: Just sayin like :D

see yahs next week ......

Social source share

Guest mellytee

Times they are a-changing...................Trickster is the last through the door of old BIR land tomorrow at 8; after this show there may be a lull for a couple or so weeks - apart from sunday Classic Soul radio with Nick - until all the knobs have been turned and wires waggled....but please be patient. BIR will rise like a phoenix and be back hopefully before August.......Nick is busily negotiating with BT and no doubt this involves The Swan, beer and food too. Nick has asked me to put this information up for everyone but he will of course keep you all in the loop.

Call it BIR's annual nervous breakdown/holiday.....I think we all need one!!!!!!!

All the best

Melly XXXX

Social source share

Guest mellytee

Christopher T Harvey..........................................7.30pm sound check in The Swan - Nick will be waiting!!!!!!!!

Can't wait, have a blast and see you later

Melly (for the entire BIR family!!!!) XXXXX

Social source share

The end of an era............... & the start of a new one.

Good show tonight & Chris played some really nice tunes , he has the legacy of being the final guest in the old BIR studios. Good luck to Nick with all the plans for the move , just gutted i could`t have had a crack at the copper & metal :D ...............

i would have stripped that place quicker than Kelly Brook in a tight dress & me on a promise

• Helpful 3
Social source share

who`s on this week?................... where`s Melly?.

Think it's Nick on his lonesomes this week Garv... Mel has gone on holiday.

Message from Mel...

"Hot and sweaty in Swanage, wish you were all here XXXX lol"

:sweatingbullets:

Edited by ritchie
Social source share

Think it's Nick on his lonesomes this week Garv... Mel has gone on holiday.

Message from Mel...

"Hot and sweaty in Swanage, wish you were all here XXXX lol"

:sweatingbullets:

Nick ...........allows her holidays :ohmy: ......... & look what happens........... she gets hot flushes

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest mellytee

Have just received a call from Nick........he is collecting me by taxi at 7.30 tomorrow.........might have to take some refreshments along to help us up the stairs..........looking forward to it; not looking forward to carrying boxes and stuff about which is his sneaky plan :wicked: Damn that Turvey; I have tied a piece of rock to a stick so he will do as I tell him tomorrow.............please listen in :hatsoff2:

Melly for Nicholas C. Turvey

Social source share

Cheers for the info as some of us logged in an hour early last week. Now, my time is valuable as i could be devoting more energies to running my protection rackets, firearms sales, money laundering schemes & getting me tea ready....... instead Tony & i we`re talking about gardening.

i will say this again......................... this is what happens when you allow the staff , holidays.

Nick needs to get a bit more "Upstairs, Downstairs" with his staff............... See you tonight Mrs Bridges :wink:

Edited by GARV
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest mellytee

Afternoon Sir.............. :wicked: Clearly the suffragette movement passed you by young Garv..............come the revolution you and your kind will be against the wall first......... though I will select a few to be my handservants, it could be you!!!!.......... :shhh:

Becks chilling.........

Come and Join us........... :yes:

Social source share

Great show tonight, as always :yes:. Well done Topsy / Mel + all the guests and peeps in the chat room for giving us something to look forward to each Tuesday night this last couple of years since Len first introduced me to the show. :thumbsup:

It's good to have some madness, banter and truly great soul to break the week up. Even my missus knows better than to disturb me in my own "man cave" on a Tuesday night :D

Well done again and all the best for the next chapter in your new studio. I look forward to visiting later in the year.

Cheers, Steve :hatsoff2:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest mellytee

Garv......I said to Nick did he feel sad half way through show tonight & he said a big fat 'no'.....more relieved as he has been left £2000 in debt thanks to the 'non'-contributors and thieves who had access to the studio.......he is however really chuffed that everyone has stayed with him and made the show what it is...as you hit the nail on the head....'we are (all) part of it'!

He stumbled a little when he played the tune for Carole, but needed to be said and her part in all of this BIR madness should not go without mention.

He was thrilled to see Jeff's brilliant farewell tribute on the FB page (you would love it too) and was doubled up over the comments and banter and happiness and friendship.......sounds sickly if you haven't been part of it ey? Anyway he is mad keen to get going on Part II : The Asylum as it will involve beer, no stairs and a bed within 10 feet of the studio.....Perfect!!!!!

he has asked me to keep everyone appraised of the situation and i promise to do my best.............like I mentioned, be great to get a few of us up as a surprise after Rugby on the 8th to 'wet the baby's head' as it were!!!!!! What do you all think????

Melly XXX

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!