Soulsource Record Club Record Of The Day 2012

dthedrug

This afternoon's offering: A great record that sounds very "Defonics-ish". Not surprising really with Bobby Martin at the helm. Released in '72 it's a great example of exactly where the Philly sound was headed at the time. I love it! I only recently connected Little Dooley with Dooley Silverspoon! Doh!

Regards,

Dave

Edited by Dave Moore
Social source share

Guest east rob

JOHNNY NASH 'I'm so glad you're my baby'.......Gorgeous Northern stepper, underplayed over the years, classy record...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: great tune!
Social source share

Guest east rob

came across this whilst mooching through t,other side of stuff.

other side to crying like a baby. only had it about 20 years, never turned it over :facepalm:

Social source share

Todays entry is from one of our favourite ladies,one of her lesser played tunes which is a pity as I love it.

Maxine Brown-One Step At A Time Wand

Cheers

Martyn

There's also a great version of One Step by Madeline Bell.

Here's one that Rod sold on me, in the Afflecks Palace stall days,

don't think it fetches any-more than a fiver now either.

Beverley Hills

Social source share

Still in recovery mode from Lifeline,not been for awhile but won't be leaving it that long again as it was brilliant.Music & atmosphere were spot on just like a nighter should be.Record of the night for me was Ady's Ben E King-Getting To Me.........forgotten how good it sounds at a venue.

So my offering today was one that got played (by Butch I think?) last night.

Dee Dee Warwick-Worth Every Tear I Cry Mercury

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Still in recovery mode from Lifeline,not been for awhile but won't be leaving it that long again as it was brilliant.Music & atmosphere were spot on just like a nighter should be.Record of the night for me was Ady's Ben E King-Getting To Me.........forgotten how good it sounds at a venue. So my offering today was one that got played (by Butch I think?) last night. Dee Dee Warwick-Worth Every Tear I Cry Mercury
Cheers Martyn
One of my top 10 tunes, only available on British Mecury I believe. Managed to get a cheap copy a while ago, don't see it much these days. I think I posted this up on part 1.

Don't know if this one by Ben E King has been put up but got this one the other day for the price of a pint.

Edited by markd
Social source share

One of my top 10 tunes, only available on British Mecury I believe. Managed to get a cheap copy a while ago, don't see it much these days. I think I posted this up on part 1.

Mark

Sorry if you had put it up but well worth another play I think,I was just all giddy with Butch playing it :D

I've only got it on a Mercury Demo LP.........with a few of her other good tracks.

The 45 has shot up in price over the past few years & not seen one for less then £150..........that will double if Butch plays it regularly?

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Awesome Virginia soul.......will soon be in the Vickers Vaults, but couldnt resist !!!

Best Russ

Russ

Remember when "Sweet Memories" was one of my fave tunes but this is even better I think,think it's probably a better dancing pace?

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Mark

Sorry if you had put it up but well worth another play I think,I was just all giddy with Butch playing it :D

I've only got it on a Mercury Demo LP.........with a few of her other good tracks.

The 45 has shot up in price over the past few years & not seen one for less then £150..........that will double if Butch plays it regularly?

Cheers

Martyn

Well worth another Martyn, never get fed up at listening to dee dee, can't believe about the price think I paid £10.00 on black mercury.

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Two great sides mate, great to see that FANTASTIC FOUR cut posted, another brilliant 'flip' gem....

Another one of my 50p finds from back in the day

never played it untill i saw one go on Ebay for £60

Social source share

This also came out on Uptight which I think is the local label before Verve,this is what I've got it on.Classy bit of northern imo hits all the right buttons for me.

Pal Rakes & The Prophets-Can't Deny The Hurt Uptight

Cheers

Martyn

Bloody great record, and cheap too! Didn't know about the Uptight release. Every days a school day!

Social source share