Common Labels/rare Records.?

Haven't waded through every post on this thread, so forgive me if this has already been mentioned ....

... but what was the late 60's / early 70's major label 45 that was only issued & distributed in Baltimore (which was stated on the 45's label) ...

.... I used to know what the act / title was but the memory is fading away by the day.

Social source share

Very good post Harry. As I had posted earlier today the same question pleased it wasvery informative. Funny as I posted on this original back in Jan. Good stuff.

Like to add

Tobi Legend on Mala Issue

Eddie Regan on ABC Issue

I still wonder about (say) Okeh,Decca,MGM etc.

Tobi Legend on Mala issue was easy to get back in the day .... at least it was for Dave Godin at Soul City Record shop.

He had boxes of em back then & used to try to foist em on us 'Northerners' whenever we went into his shop.

Social source share

Very rarely turns up now Roburt. Maybe not as scarce as I thought.

When I stated ... He had boxes of em back then & used to try to foist em on us 'Northerners' whenever we went into his shop ..... I couldn't say how many he actually had.

Its just that we used to go down to London (on the train from Dony) & whenever we went into Soul City shop & he heard our Northern accents, he would put Tobi's track on & try to sell us a copy.

We all bought one on our 1st visit but he tried the same trick everytime we went in after that (we knew better though & didn't 'waste' 15/- on a 2nd copy).

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!