Connie..servicemen Or Magicians Info. Please

Pat

• 1 year later...

Recently found a copy of the Magicians 45 in a box of old 45s and did a price check on Collectors Frenzy....it has sold quite a few times for decent money..$213, $202, $155, $133 as well as high double figures...so there must be some demand for it.

Anyone wanting to offer an average of the above prices for my mint copy then please get in touch....discretion and confidence guaranteed! ;o)

Edited by Mace
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Those people asking in another topic about exclusive Russ Winstanley spins - this was one.  He was the only one to play it (at Wigan anyway), only played it 3 or 4 times, then it was booted under it's cover up name.  They were on sale for a very short period of time and were slightly more expensive than the usual boots. I didn't know it was The Servicemen until years after.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

May be an idea to set up a kind of Samaritans thread on here for people who spend lot's of money on records only to find they're boots.  Happens to the best of occaisonally. Life is just one big learning curve......sometimes can be an expensive curve though.

how about a suicide booth John ?.

Social source share

i like connie..but in the 2nd part of the record theres someone really out of sync on the tambourine,,they need it to be taken off them :rofl:

sweet magic one of my fave oldies

To be honest, I think it's just got inside my head that the name Connie is old fashioned and singing a song to a girl named Connie just isn't working for me, but agree, sweet magic is a awesome tune that I never tire of hearing!
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Those people asking in another topic about exclusive Russ Winstanley spins - this was one.  He was the only one to play it (at Wigan anyway), only played it 3 or 4 times, then it was booted under it's cover up name.  They were on sale for a very short period of time and were slightly more expensive than the usual boots. I didn't know it was The Servicemen until years after.

Assuming you mean Sweet magic Pete? was connie ever played then?

Love Connie BTW

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!