Soul Source Record Club Record Of The Day 2012 (Summer)

A British soul from me today.............

Kim English-Simply Grateful SuSu

Cheers

Martyn

Can't remember last time I heard that anywhere, let alone at a venue! Nice.

Social source share

• Replies 611
  • Views 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest allnightandy

Johnny Barnes Nothing without your love JAB

One on Ebay at the Mo

Edited by allnightandy
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

BOLLOCKS!!! Excuse the language DAVE, just read your post on this and dug out my copy which looks to be in GREAT condition and stuck it on....And the bloody thing has a very specific jump about thirty seconds in....Got it in a block purchase of 20 records in America, oh well, now I want another one too...Fine, fine record though!

Edited by rich chorley
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

After posting the Tyn Tymes the other day, just had to post this... Howard Tate - "Baby I Love You"

Paul

So that's the other version...........I must start taking notice & I might learn summat :D

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

R n B twofer from me today,both storming sides imo.

Ruby Johnson-Callin' All Boys V-Tone

Ruby Johnson-Pleadin' Heart V-Tone

Cheers

Martyn

I'm lovin' todays selection!

Social source share

It's gonna take me awhile to get over this weekend but it's been well worth it?Had two full on night's,firstly at Empty Bottles in Leeds on Friday & I was djing at Bradford last night.Two night's in full small rooms with load of atmosphere & some awesome tunes been played,both different in there own way but both equally good.Hope I'll be able to stay awake to see the footy this afternoon :sleep3:

Here's one I cleared the floor with last night :yes:

The Sophisticates-I Can't Stand It Mutt

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

A bit of a 'one month wonder' oldie from me today - Johhny Newbag "Got To Get You Back" on Atlantic

I'll have to go back through all the record of the day threads and make a list of what I've actually posted! Can't remember what I have, or Haven't, put up before!

Social source share

Still playing catch up with the thread. Today's offering from a lady whose upbeat musical style contradicted the sad personal demons she carried inside herself. A daughter of Philadelphia, this is probably her best known outing but there's a lot more to this lady's legacy than this one epic dancefloor favourite. Catch the interview about her 'jingle' work. Bit of a 'looker' too eh?'

Best,

Dave

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Still playing catch up with the thread. Today's offering from a lady whose upbeat musical style contradicted the sad personal demons she carried inside herself. A daughter of Philadelphia, this is probably her best known outing but there's a lot more to this lady's legacy than this one epic dancefloor favourite. Catch the interview about her 'jingle' work. Bit of a 'looker' too eh?'

Best,

Dave

Probably my favourite 70s tune ever! Some real nice Nice posts today so far!

Social source share

Was lucky enough to take Mr Walker out to dinner a couple of weeks ago in Horsham, Penn. He gave a valuable insight into the workings of the studio on Castor Ave (which we also visited). This, unreleased at the time, 45 was done as a demo and before he knew it The Agents had it recorded and leased to Liberty Bell.

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

Was lucky enough to take Mr Walker out to dinner a couple of weeks ago in Horsham, Penn. He gave a valuable insight into the workings of the studio on Castor Ave (which we also visited). This, unreleased at the time, 45 was done as a demo and before he knew it The Agents had it recorded and leased to Liberty Bell.

Regards,

Dave

Blimey! I never knew about that, everyday really is a school day! Oh yeah, and I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!

Social source share

Blimey! I never knew about that, everyday really is a school day! Oh yeah, and I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!

45 was done about 10 years ago, I think by Dave Brown's Philly Archive set up. Shouldn't cost more than a tenner I would have thought. at lest that's what I paid around that time.

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

Regards,

Sounds good to me Dave,your right phylis want a bad looking bird back in the day "you know how to love me still fills a dance floor Nice posts.
Social source share