Soul Source Record Club Record Of The Day 2012 (Summer)

• Replies 611
  • Views 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

R n B time from me today,one that came out on a couple of labels.

McKinley Mitchell-No Love Toddlin' Town

Cheers

Martyn

You know I like a good bit of R n B Martyn! Nice choice :thumbup:

Social source share

I just love everything about this tune,the lyrics are brilliant whimsical but quite profound in parts,awesome vocals & horns to die for.............what more do you want.

Lee "Shot" Williams-You're Welcome To The Club Federal

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL I have been looking for the last hour for this record, but could only find the A side which is very decent, the Bside is a GLEN MILLER style version of a JAMAICAN HIT that is very poor compaired to the A&M CUT, But for now until I find it you will have to fall in love to the splended TOP SIDE, IF ANY ONE HAS THE B SIDE PLEASE POST IT UP FOR ME,

A ***** 45 AMS7093 from 1971 A side SHOO-BE-DO I LOVE YOU, B side ILOVE YOU TRUE.

[media=]

post-13241-0-78582800-1338427349_thumb.j

• Helpful 1
Social source share

This will always remind me of the Holgate in York in early/mid 90t's where it got plenty of plays.It's a tune that I think was trying to cash in on Stevie Wonders "Fingertips"

Gino-It's Only A Paper Moon Gold Crest

[media=]

Cheers

Martyn

:hatsoff2: HI ALL This is with out doubt, one of the best records I have ever owned, it's a perfect example of a proper 100% northern dancer. if anyone disagrees please tell me, just listen to the backing vocals, my god when I look back at the records I used to own, and what they are worth today? classic, thanks for posting it DAVE, PS Any one got a copy to sell pm me for a 3 figure sum in cash?
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

N'Cole you're gonna need this love sounds as near to Teddy as you can get

[media=]

Having been bigging up the flip to this for years (Thankyou for the love) with no reaction :)

Edited by fifesoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

This from me

The Cheers Take me to Paradise

[media=]

And this The Chymes Bring it back home

Edited by allnightandy
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Odds & Ends always reminds me of this,I bought them at the same time(got a feeling it might have already been posted but it's good enough to listen to again eh??) ..........

Chimes-Beginning Of My Life Down To Earth

Love the B side of this too,it's just the inst of the top side but I think it works really well.

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 3
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL This is my pick of the month? it's taken me a long time to get this one? and what a great 2 sider it is, as always I like to play the obscure or hard to find, this fits into that groove, FONTANA TF736 - FRIDAY BROWN - 32nd LOVE AFFAIR - 1966, and in my opinion a great bit of NORTHERN SOUL, value ?? who cares I got it now :thumbup: DAVE K

SO ROLL BACK THE CARPET (DE) THIS IS A PROPER GOODIE :thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/IyJrPqJfHpY

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

This from me Larry Hale Once

[media=]

And Art Freeman Slippin around

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share