Jackie Edwards On Jm Auction Taking Things To A New High/low

I've just been told that Jackie Edwards - Come On Home - Island fetched £563 in auction just now.

THIS RECORD IS WORTH £50 AT THE MOST.

I have a copy here someone sent me on Friday which I was going to sell for £25 in mint condition.

Would someone like to give me £200, £300, £400 for it?

No of course they wouldn't.

What possesses people to go mad like that?

Social source share

• Replies 35
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I've just been told that Jackie Edwards - Come On Home - Island fetched £563 in auction just now.

I have a copy here someone sent me on Friday which I was going to sell for £25 in mint condition.

ask the auctioneer to contact the second bidder pete and do a deal

kev

Social source share

ask the auctioneer to contact the second bidder pete and do a deal

kev

Thats a good idea Pete, you know John pretty well, ask him to sell it for you!

Social source share

lol,

But do you see the point I"m trying to make, yesterday it was worth £25, but today it's (apparently) worth £500+.

And if you go by that rule, I'd be a fool to sell it for £25 now that it's worth £500.

But everyone knows it isn't worth £500 except to one person. Or two.

Social source share

it wasn't Pete, that was your value, iv'e wanted it for years, i keep missing it, and i guess a lot of other people keep missing it,

£100 final offer,

lol

Social source share

it wasn't Pete, that was your value, iv'e wanted it for years, i keep missing it, and i guess a lot of other people keep missing it,

£100 final offer,

lol

Why've you never asked me for it before, I had 200 red and white Island singles!

Social source share

Guest Brooky

On the subject of prices.

I've just paid through the nose (I think!) on an Auction for a Tommy Bush on Rika in beautiful condition. Sometimes you just have to seize the moment and do it....some things just don't come along again for a very long time!!! :no:

I'm not complaining about the price....it was my choice and I made it. The record is worth the money to me to have it...and now I do!!! :thumbup:

That purple....that sexy green Sassy Kitten......bbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! I'm going to 'have her' every night....on the turntable!!!!!

PS In case anyone's thinking it....spare me the 'needle-dick' joke!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Brooky
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Doubly surprising is that a proper UK rarity - Joe Matthews on Sue - acheived a fraction of the Jackie Edwards.

Social source share

Need to find the one I have. It's not UK (possibly German or Dutch) but it is in M- condition and comes with a pic sleeve if anyones interested

Best

Steve :thumbsup:

Must be dutch. Didn't come out in Germany as far as I know. Or are you mixing it with "Come back girl"?

Social source share

Must be dutch. Didn't come out in Germany as far as I know. Or are you mixing it with "Come back girl"?

Hi Benji,

Must be Dutch then. Like I said not got it to hand to check but its a nice copy to have with the pic sleeve although nowhere near as rare as the UK (certainly not now when something goes for half a grand) :ohmy:

Steve

Social source share

Pete,

thoroughly agree with the points you make but of course what most people fail to realise on the northern soul scene is something called 'Market forces'. If two people are willing to pay stupid prices because they want the record then that is clearly up to them or they just have too much time and money to spend. Yesterday my Barclays shares were worth £2.6 bn today they are worth tuppence, thanks Bob Diamond !!!

There are records that I wouldn't pay two bob for, which people rave about and spend a fortune acquiring, sometimes a case of the Emperor's new clothes, I think.

Yes John makes a good profit on some of his sales, and why shouldn't he,he is not in business to make a loss, but no one comes on soul source raving about the loss he sometimes takes on other records, the Joe Matthews on Sue being a case in point.

If people want to pay that price then that is up to them how they spend their money, wish I was a pound note behind them but people should not deride JM for providing a service which is obviously well known to all. If they don't like it, don't use it.

I know all bids etc are documented and there is a paper trail to back up everything, if someone wants a record that badly they will pay almost anything (well short of re-mortgaging the house, oh no I've already done that !!)

Anyway anyone want to buy Tears of Clown for £1000 :-) lol

ATB

Stebbo

Social source share

On the subject of prices.

I've just paid through the nose (I think!) on an Auction for a Tommy Bush on Rika in beautiful condition. Sometimes you just have to seize the moment and do it....some things just don't come along again for a very long time!!! :no:

I'm not complaining about the price....it was my choice and I made it. The record is worth the money to me to have it...and now I do!!! :thumbup:

That purple....that sexy green Sassy Kitten......bbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! I'm going to 'have her' every night....on the turntable!!!!!

PS In case anyone's thinking it....spare me the 'needle-dick' joke!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You not planning an expensive holiday where the weathers hot and sunny then!!!!

Regards

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert