Tell Me This Is A Joke

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This is the boot , taken from the Rare Stamps LP,the original Groovesville catalogue numbers went from 1001 - 1009 (this was the number given to the above 45'..that was never released)

rolleyes.gif

Brett

Social source share

I believe the seller is a certain Wigan Athletic fan on this site. He quite clearly states that it's a pressing, also only 2 idiots involved in the bidding. So if they want to pay that much then let them.

"Groovesville pressing from the mid 70's with the issue number G-505-A. "

May actually be interpretted as a pressing by Groovesville

Col

What does Rare Stamps go for these days?

Social source share

This is the boot , taken from the Rare Stamps LP,the original Groovesville catalogue numbers went from 1001 - 1009 (this was the number given to the above 45'..that was never released)

rolleyes.gif

Brett

Hi Brett,Happy new year. :yes: This is not disparaging in any way.When I sell or trade a record I clearly state whether or not it is an ORIGINAL ...No misleads no ambiguity .I WOULD NOT not let someone without knowledge ,purchase a record ,for silly amounts.I am pissed off at sellers who "KID"Please inform your bidders clearly.KEEP THE REAL ,REAL :D
Social source share

current high bidder is from Sheffield, and is always at Ponds Forge.

If he'd looked through my sales box there within the last six months he could have got one of these for under a tenner.

I don't buy off e-bay so excuse the question if you will.

Does he have the option of retracting his bid?

Col.

Social source share

Oh dear.. sweet sherry? Terrible awful horrid sound... 100+ dollars though? At our current fiscal climate that's not terribly out of the buyers markert... even considering the horrid arrangement of the given track. God I hate this track :P More so than Lindsay hates Jo's penultimate set track :P

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Oh dear.. sweet sherry? Terrible awful horrid sound... 100+ dollars though? At our current fiscal climate that's not terribly out of the buyers markert... even considering the horrid arrangement of the given track. God I hate this track :D More so than Lindsay hates Jo's penultimate set track :D

Karen, is that possible :thumbsup: I'd Make Sure if I were you :D The world's gone bonkers ph34r.gif Jo

Social source share

Hi Brett,Happy new year. :thumbsup: This is not disparaging in any way.When I sell or trade a record I clearly state whether or not it is an ORIGINAL ...No misleads no ambiguity .I WOULD NOT not let someone without knowledge ,purchase a record ,for silly amounts.I am pissed off at sellers who "KID"Please inform your bidders clearly.KEEP THE REAL ,REAL laugh.gif

As mentioned on this thread the person is known but after reading these comments have they taken the item off Ebay or are they just going to rip the buyer off?

Social source share

I believe the seller is a certain Wigan Athletic fan on this site. He quite clearly states that it's a pressing, also only 2 idiots involved in the bidding. So if they want to pay that much then let them.

One of the "idiots" Ian is a mate of mine.... it's easy to use comments like that when you "become aware" of some info yourself.... have pointed him towards this "info" today following a phone call I got re thread and he states he "became aware" last nite.... not sure about "clearly states" though as agree with Col below.... remember, we can't all say we know everything.... we all learn summat new to some degree, even today.... look at the amount of posts on here for info.... some from users you'd suggest would know themselves if asked by someone else....

p.s. not a dig Ian, just an opinion.... happy new year :D ....

"Groovesville pressing from the mid 70's with the issue number G-505-A. "

May actually be interpretted as a pressing by Groovesville

Col

True Col.... especially, if as stated above, the "bidder" was unaware.... seller should have used that old chestnut "2nd issue" instead of "groovesville pressing" which points the unknowing towards a "company re-issue" IMO.... because we know outright what that means as we all know you can't sell "bootleg items" of any description on eBay :D ....

I don't buy off e-bay so excuse the question if you will.

Does he have the option of retracting his bid?

Col.

Yes you can retract a bid or bids....

I have asked the guy why he's bidding so much :thumbsup: if he replies I will let you know :D

Answered above.... don't think you'll get a reply shades.gif ....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

One of the "idiots" Ian is a mate of mine.... it's easy to use comments like that when you "become aware" of some info yourself.... have pointed him towards this "info" today following a phone call I got re thread and he states he "became aware" last nite.... not sure about "clearly states" though as agree with Col below.... remember, we can't all say we know everything.... we all learn summat new to some degree, even today.... look at the amount of posts on here for info.... some from users you'd suggest would know themselves if asked by someone else....

Obviously I also know the winning bidder, but have a look at the other bidders history. Not his feedback, but what he bid for. Including the

0riginals 'Aint No Sun. And Sweet Sherryof course.

Only normally bids on games and dvds. Odd ?

Social source share

remember, we can't all say we know everything.... we all learn summat new to some degree, even today.... look at the amount of posts on here for info.... some from users you'd suggest would know themselves if asked by someone else....

p.s. not a dig Ian, just an opinion.... happy new year :thumbsup: ....

well said, don't care how much you know ( or think you know ) and I certainly dont include myself in the ''know category''ther are so many records it is a hard game !!another thread for this maybe........but.........all depends where you go , it is amazing sometimes what is known in certain areas of the UK but unheard of in others....thats why we can all learn and have another 20 odd years discovering new sounds laugh.gif

Social source share

well said, don't care how much you know ( or think you know ) and I certainly dont include myself in the ''know category''ther are so many records it is a hard game !!another thread for this maybe........but.........all depends where you go , it is amazing sometimes what is known in certain areas of the UK but unheard of in others....thats why we can all learn and have another 20 odd years discovering new sounds :thumbsup:

Agreed.... one reason this forum is widely viewed/used.... and an excellent asset to "our" community laugh.gif ....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

Obviously I also know the winning bidder, but have a look at the other bidders history. Not his feedback, but what he bid for. Including the

0riginals 'Aint No Sun. And Sweet Sherryof course.

Only normally bids on games and dvds. Odd ?

Notice owd "fluffy's" removed his bids now Steve :D ....

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=4817485739....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

Guest stash313

I was suprised as well...

Received a question from the bidder I believe, asking whether it was an original explained as said in the description that it was a pressing on a groovesville label.

He retracted his bid, no problems anyone can make a mistake.

It seems I didn't make it clear that this is a boot as reflected in the starting price. The description is about to be ammended, and my apologies to anyone under any false assumptions.

It's a toughie on the old chestnut of whether to label it on ebay as a 2nd Issue, I've done that in the past and then had people complain that saying it's a 2nd issue is misleading.

So then as a pressing but its still as misleading, perhaps re-issue? but again it gives the impression this is official. Unfortunately Ebay doesn't allow the term bootleg to be featured in its auction description or otherwise that would be what would be used.

Perhaps I'm always to keen to 'big' up my auctions, but at the end of the day I am not in the business of ripping people off, a lot of these are my old records from my Northern collection whcih Iam selling off to pay for numerous things so I want them to go to a good home to someone who would care about them as much as I did.

And what exactly is wrong with being a Wigan Athletic supporter? Cardiff he we come...

Social source share

I have always thought the word "Pressing" was used incorrectly....all commercial vinyl records are "pressed" Original first issue is clear although you may have a local release label and a national release.

Second issue should not be a "boot"......

A boot should IMO be called that or on Ebay "unlicenced copy"

Social source share

I was suprised as well...

Received a question from the bidder I believe, asking whether it was an original explained as said in the description that it was a pressing on a groovesville label.

He retracted his bid, no problems anyone can make a mistake.

It seems I didn't make it clear that this is a boot as reflected in the starting price. The description is about to be ammended, and my apologies to anyone under any false assumptions.

It's a toughie on the old chestnut of whether to label it on ebay as a 2nd Issue, I've done that in the past and then had people complain that saying it's a 2nd issue is misleading.

So then as a pressing but its still as misleading, perhaps re-issue? but again it gives the impression this is official. Unfortunately Ebay doesn't allow the term bootleg to be featured in its auction description or otherwise that would be what would be used.

Perhaps I'm always to keen to 'big' up my auctions, but at the end of the day I am not in the business of ripping people off, a lot of these are my old records from my Northern collection whcih Iam selling off to pay for numerous things so I want them to go to a good home to someone who would care about them as much as I did.

And what exactly is wrong with being a Wigan Athletic supporter? Cardiff he we come...

Hi Sean,"ebay doesn't allow the term bootleg" because and I am sure someone on here can verify,of the legalities of selling a pretend item as an original.Your listing and desription was ambiguous IMO.Although I do know you and know you are honest.

"Bootlegs" are sold all the time on Ebay and not just records either.Perhaps a new descriptor for a "bootleg"could be founded but I am sure this would also contravene Ebay's standards.

However who ,within Ebay ,would have the knowledge of being able to distinguish a REAL Original and anything else with regards to records thumbsup.gif ATB Stevie

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert