Soul Source Record Of The Day, (Some Say It's The Fall?) Autum 2012

dthedrug

apologies Flynny just quoted post as seen for Paul as he can't see at work

No need to apologise in the slightest...nice to point folk in the right direction.

:thumbup:

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI AND BEFORE I PUT UP TONIGHTS POST, THE STANDARD OF THE SELECTED 45's is just OUTSTANDING. TO THE PIONT THAT MY CHOICES ARE INCONGRUANT, BUT THATS CAN BE VERY GOOD, ANY WAY THE CLOCKS GO AROUND AT THE WEEKEND, SO IT WILL BE DARK & LONELY (CLUE)

My Pick from my BOX is proper MOD VINTAGE in every respect, this is KOOL MAN, CRAZY KAT MUZIC! Shame he is a septic? (I suppose they gave us their Ivy League look shrink to fit jeans R&B SOUL& BLUES THE MODS LOVE THIS TUNE BACK THEN & TODAYS MERCMEN & METCETTES, SO NEAT.

I must state that the cut is from the US 45the UK 45 has the edge, as I say this 45 is the one you spin to impress your spot is the best? :g:

RIVERSIDE 106908 RIF - MARK MURPHY - "WHY DON'T YOU DO RIGHT, (get me some money to!) - year 1962,Rated*****, Value £100, for the UK 45, US??

So why don't you do right! and enjoy this superb 45, :ohmy: DAVE K

https://youtu.be/vWspLVCtu0Qpost-13241-0-60838000-1350508550_thumb.j

• Helpful 2
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI AND BEFORE I PUT UP TONIGHTS POST, THE STANDARD OF THE SELECTED 45's is just OUTSTANDING. TO THE PIONT THAT MY CHOICES ARE INCONGRUANT, BUT THATS CAN BE VERY GOOD, ANY WAY THE CLOCKS GO AROUND AT THE WEEKEND, SO IT WILL BE DARK & LONELY (CLUE)

:hatsoff2: Well done Dave - picked up some great new tunes via these threads. Yep, sort of know what's coming. :shhh: Will try and research a few early doors!

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL JUST HAD TO DIG IT OUT & PLAY "BABY JANE"! a great 2 sided very collectible on RED ATLANTIC, "turn back the hands of time, all versions of this song are made unique by the artist OTIS CLAY, VERNON GARRET BOBBY ADENO, & so on, if you are fortunate to own Jimmy & David Ruffins TAMLA MOTOWN LP - I'M NOT MY BROTHERS KEEPER!" how apt, and you here the #1 version of the song, shame there is no 34 of it?? :thumbup: DAVE K
Social source share

On the subject of B sides, this is the reverse of The Only Way Is Up - Otis Clay, entitled 'Special Kind of Love'....worth a mention ;-)

A very worthy addition Andy.

Otis was very much a veteran when TOWIU was done. I think it's pretty cool when telling people who know the Yazz thing that actually an old soul man did this much better - and they agree when they hear it.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

As Otis Clay has been mentioned recently thought I'd throw this double-sider up by him."Messing" came out twice on Echo,a silver label but you need the blue label release to get both these great sides.

Otis Clay - Messing With My Mind Echo

Otis Clay - A Nickel And A Nail Echo

Social source share

Another excellent B-side - Freddie Chavez 'Please Forgive Me' ( flip side of you'll never know why)

:hatsoff2: HI ALL Ady is that your 45 in the vidio? as I sold my copy in 85, when I sold collection #2 heres some advice never sell your records, you no you favourates, if i had kept them, even Freddie Chevez orig well you don't see anyone today swapping it for a wrap?

just for my info what is the current value, for this true NORTHERN SOUL WIGAN DANCER? :shhh: DAVE

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL Ady is that your 45 in the vidio? as I sold my copy in 85, when I sold collection #2 heres some advice never sell your records, you no you favourates, if i had kept them, even Freddie Chevez orig well you don't see anyone today swapping it for a wrap?

just for my info what is the current value, for this true NORTHERN SOUL WIGAN DANCER? :shhh: DAVE

Hiya Dave - my copy is on the same label, which according to John Manship 2008 guide is worth £600. Apparently it's the 'white label design using the same masterplate of the original promo copy'.

I think i bought it from Rob Smith (Nottingham) in the 80s :-)

Social source share

Al Wilson - Who Could Be Lovin' You - :thumbsup:

Classy Willie Hutch track, always loved this, and Jimmy James did it well over here too, on tother side of the Pye release of "Red Red Wine"

...here's Jimmy James & the Vagabonds take of "Who Could Be Loving You" on Pye from 1968 (not on his US Atco release of Red Wine) just for comparison. :thumbsup:

Steve

https://youtu.be/QU03g9Z30r8

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Today's post is from the "Here I Am" Motown LP,it's the LP that has the brilliant "Steal Away" (which I've already posted) & title track "Here I Am" on it.This has also been done by the Supremes but not sure who did it first because they are both from 66 & but for me this is the far better version?............is it me or is it the same backing track as Love Unlimited "It May Be Winter Outside"????

Barbara Mcnair-Everything Is Good About You Motown LP

Social source share