Soul Source Record Of The Day,(Some Say It's The Nights Drawing In?)Late Fall2012

dthedrug

• Replies 806
  • Views 26.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Awesome beat ballad from me today,this is one of those tunes that just hits me on so many levels.Definitely a tear in the eye,hairs on the back of the neck job for me.

Freddie Scott - Where Does Love Go Colpix

great song, been a big hit in record room for many moons. great post.

gary

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Been lots of talk about this on here in the past - was it a "ready made", origins etc. Whilst stuff like that is immensely interesting and I enjoy all the history I am a simple man - I like it or I don't. Another non obscure record - pretty cheap still I think £20ish. Fitted in well in the early 80's and still sounds goood to me. I think mine came from John Anderson. Anway.................lets have you on that dance floor carpet!

Cheryl Berdell Giving it all to You

Peter

:thumbsup:

Peter

Didn't realise it had the "ready made" tag?Always liked it............still do,make no odds to me either way just wish people would be up-front about stuff?

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Lovin' this at the moment

JOE TEX - UNDER YOUR POWERFUL LOVE - DIAL another $9.99 cheapie but bloody good, imho

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

Always loved this, but that intro goes on a bit!

Social source share

Peter

Didn't realise it had the "ready made" tag?Always liked it............still do,make no odds to me either way just wish people would be up-front about stuff?

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Mate

I'll try and find the previous thread - it was an interesting read. From memory I think there was no consensus on it being made especially for the modern soul scene over hear - two quite opposing views. I'll see if I can find. Makes no odds to me either. Think there's a second issue/boot too - but I might just be making that up to sound interesting!

:D

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Another Joe Tex that I like and will be playing at Swift Towers this evening (will obviously post up playlist at a later date!! :lol: )

JOE TEX - ALL THE HEAVEN - DIAL

Cheers

Bugger Swifty!

I was gonna take your lead with Joe Tex and post this one up. :wicked: They are both great records.

Mm, I better go to the junk room and try and locate something else.

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Lovin' this at the moment

JOE TEX - UNDER YOUR POWERFUL LOVE - DIAL another $9.99 cheapie but bloody good, imho

Cheers

Swifty

I'm sorry but I've got to say it...........I hate this record,it's up there with Ronnie Dyson-Lady In Red........sorry!!!

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Martyn , what about this old (cheap) classic

BETTY BAKER - MARCHING OUT OF YOUR LIFE - QUICKSAND or ALL PLATINUM (Is the Quicksand one a boot or local label?)

Cheers

Swifty

In Manship's says Quicksand only no mention of All Platinum or it been booted??

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I think I might have posted an Al Wilson previously - not sure if it was this, but apologies if it's a duplication - it's worth another spin.

Al Wilson - Show and Tell

Proper soul music, stunning vocals and cheap.

Peter

Peter

You could post this every day for me.Must be top of the £5 records & a lot more money come to think of it?

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Right been in me dirty box! :wicked: Full of sleeveless, mistreated, filthy records and found this - be pleased to get an opinion from you guys. I sort of like this, then do and then don't - can't make me mind up. Anyway, not had it out for years and pretty sure it's a cheapy too.

The Dramatics - No Rebate on Love

What do you think?

Peter

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Apologies if this a duplicate - Ann Sexton - Come Back Home - flip to I Still Love You. I think this is a fantastic recording - great vocals, keys, horns, guitar its got everything!

Ann Sexton - she got some fecking soul. And what a voice - cmon babe!

Very nice mate.

Peter

Social source share

Right been in me dirty box! :wicked: Full of sleeveless, mistreated, filthy records and found this - be pleased to get an opinion from you guys. I sort of like this, then do and then don't - can't make me mind up. Anyway, not had it out for years and pretty sure it's a cheapy too.

What do you think?

Peter

Peter

Had mine ages & always liked it,got mine given.Few plays at The Wilton awhile back.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

What do you think?

Peter

Always loved this Peter, real memory tune for me, if ya got it dug out, give it a flip mate, these days I just love tother side, propper soulful vibe on "Feel It" :thumbsup:

steve

https://youtu.be/CKnLJZrq8EI

• Helpful 2
Social source share

The early 80's were my

Always loved this Peter, real memory tune for me, if ya got it dug out, give it a flip mate, these days I just love tother side, propper soulful vibe on "Feel It" :thumbsup:

steve

Will do mate. Not used my deck for ages - think the stylus is knacked, but you have just motivated me to check! Leave it with me Steve!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The 80's were my best time on the scene musically and venue wise - and me mates of course.

I didn't know until last year that 2 other - earlier versions of this existed. Anyway, this is the one for me - Tyrone Barclay Man of Value.

This don't cost much either.

Peter

• Helpful 2
Social source share

The 80's were my best time on the scene musically and venue wise - and me mates of course.

I didn't know until last year that 2 other - earlier versions of this existed. Anyway, this is the one for me - Tyrone Barclay Man of Value.

This don't cost much either.

Peter

Peter

Not listened to this in ages, brought back memories, nice one.

gary

• Helpful 1
Social source share

What do you think?

Peter

Peter

Just a though, all the ones like this in the 'dirty box' that you can't make your mind up over, just send them to me and I'll take care of them.

This is a gorgeous tune!!!!

gary

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Peter

Just a though, all the ones like this in the 'dirty box' that you can't make your mind up over, just send them to me and I'll take care of them.

This is a gorgeous tune!!!!

gary

I'm a twat Gary! :yes:

I've always neglected stuff I have - but just dug out that Dramatics record to play the flip as Steve suggested and it's a cracker. There's some other good stuff in there too and whilst the box is all dirty and dusty this particular record is a minter - looks brand new.

I must get em sorted.

Peter

• Helpful 2
Social source share

steve

Three good things to report. Firstly my deck is working ok. Secondly, just flipped that Dramatics 45 - agree it's a nice wailing, bit of soul. Thirdly, my dirty box has some interesting stuff in - lots of em are dusty and dirty, but pretty minty.

Cheers guys. Just gonna get my hands dirty! :yes:

Peter

Social source share

I'm a twat Gary! :yes:

I've always neglected stuff I have - but just dug out that Dramatics record to play the flip as Steve suggested and it's a cracker. There's some other good stuff in there too and whilst the box is all dirty and dusty this particular record is a minter - looks brand new.

I must get em sorted.

Peter

Always a pleasant way to spend an evening.

gary

Social source share

Three good things to report. Firstly my deck is working ok. Secondly, just flipped that Dramatics 45 - agree it's a nice wailing, bit of soul. Thirdly, my dirty box has some interesting stuff in - lots of em are dusty and dirty, but pretty minty.

Cheers guys. Just gonna get my hands dirty! :yes:

Peter

Spot on Peter! get ratching mate! :thumbsup:

steve

Social source share