• Replies 154
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Gavin Page

Brilliant photgraphs Gav - proof indeed that Essence-goers are the happiest, smiliest, most pissed up people on the soul scene thumbsup.gif

Oooh I can't wait - my liver is glowing at the thought of it all.

Ali

There are some lovely photos of you ! Oh and the old man not_i.gif

All accommodation is well and truly sold out !

A few venue only passes left.

Gonna be real good !

All accommodation is well and truly sold out !

A few venue only passes left.

Gonna be real good !

I've had several people ask for the phone number to book - what are they thinking of leaving it so late thumbsup.gif ? Might be an idea to post up details of a couple of the local B&B's.

Highlight of the year for me, no question.

Guest Gavin Page

I've had several people ask for the phone number to book - what are they thinking of leaving it so late thumbsup.gif ? Might be an idea to post up details of a couple of the local B&B's.

Highlight of the year for me, no question.

Shush it's a secret ! You know we don't like strangers :wicked:

X

Edited by Gavin Page
Guest Gavin Page

Agreed really looking forward to it no ...only four weeks you know!

Mate as always you are full of surprises, didn't know you could count up your way :rolleyes:

Guest Adam G

I've been looking forward to this since I left the last one. "The highlight of the year" is an understatement me thinx... I can't wait!

:rolleyes: // Kristoffer

You are right Kris echoes my sentiments exactly.Pity its now only once a year! how could we lose out to the tinsel n turkey crowd Gav?.Surley they cant drink more than us.

See you all there.

Mate as always you are full of surprises, didn't know you could count up your way :D

Gave no prublem countin tits ma spellin thits lit mesen dawn

Guest Gavin Page

You are right Kris echoes my sentiments exactly.Pity its now only once a year! how could we lose out to the tinsel n turkey crowd Gav?.Surley they cant drink more than us.

See you all there.

This is what Bob and I can still not get our heads around !

Watch this space :rolleyes:

Brilliant photgraphs Gav - proof indeed that Essence-goers are the happiest, smiliest, most pissed up people on the soul scene :D

Oooh I can't wait - my liver is glowing at the thought of it all.

Ali

I like the one where Brian Goucher is trying to keep a straight face talking to Andy :D Brilliant :D Can't wait.

Edited by chalky
Guest Gavin Page

I like the one where Brian Goucher is trying to keep a straight face talking to Andy :D Brilliant :D Can't wait.

Your turn this year mate, gonna leave him with you !

• 2 weeks later...

Only ever made one Soul Essence much to my shame in 1999. Saying that it was eventful and proved just how good the event is.

I must make more of an effort I know but that Mr. Page he keeps kissing me!

The Hitman

Guest Gavin Page

Try this one. it`s straight across the road : https://www.marinelodge.co.uk/

Dee

Nice Hotel this one, if you can get in ?

Only ever made one Soul Essence much to my shame in 1999. Saying that it was eventful and proved just how good the event is.

I must make more of an effort I know but that Mr. Page he keeps kissing me!

The Hitman

Don't tell everybody, they will all want one !

Not long now....9 days and counting.....if the Marine Lodge is full then the Westminster is almost as close - Rod D used to stay there and always said it was OK. It's right opposite the old railway station :shades: (Yarmouth Beach - now a Car Park as well ironically enough Gavin!) so about 50 yds from the Raynescourt.

This and more trivia about Great Yarmouth to follow.......

Here's the front page of a fantastic newsletter that was put together 20 Essences ago!

Look losely at the picture and there is a beautiful picture of a young Steve G strutting his funky stuff.

Only 9 sleeps now, can't wait.

Pat

Edited by s7oul

Yes, if you walk along the sea front from The Raynscourt, and keep going until you pass all the amusements & restaurants.........its a shit hole up that end as well :shades:

Do you know what?

You are totally correct! :lol:

Sharon x

Your Soul By The Sea chums from the Fylde are really looking forward to the gig. Two of us are Essence "virgins" - please be gentle with us when we are de-flowered!!!!

We at the Soul Essence team are always gentle with our virgins.

honest.. .. :sweatingbullets:

Sharon.

Sharon.

Yeah, you mean "the bars over there and were on vodka and coke, get em in"

Sharon.

Ello Darlin'

Don't remember you being gentle with me - still I've always liked it rough :yes:

Wish I were coming, but the children have ruined my social life whistling.gif

Hope you have a ball - and make sure you kiss any nice looking men on my behalf (being married hasn't stopped the flooziness at all :D )

Will be near the Tarpots at Easter......

Guest Gavin Page

Yes, if you walk along the sea front from The Raynscourt, and keep going until you pass all the amusements & restaurants.........its a shit hole up that end as well :sweatingbullets:

Very nice Lap Bar on route ohmy.gif

Guest Gavin Page

Yeah....bollocks :sweatingbullets: ....hi, welcome to Soul Essence....here have a drink with Girth, Gav & Flanny !!!

ohmy.gif Whisky and Lemonade please !!!

Bar will be open from 17.00 hours Thursday till Sunday 15.00 Yipeee :yes::D

Guest Gavin Page

Yeah, you mean "the bars over there and were on vodka and coke, get em in"

Gonna have some cracking signs this year just for you :sweatingbullets: All be it I won hands down last year ohmy.gif

Guest Gavin Page

Oy i resemble that remark :sweatingbullets:

Cannae wait to do it all again in a week or so.................

Steve

ohmy.gif Got some blinding pic's of you may be I should scan some on :yes:

Here's the front page of a fantastic newsletter that was put together 20 Essences ago!

Look losely at the picture and there is a beautiful picture of a young Steve G strutting his funky stuff.

Only 9 sleeps now, can't wait.

Pat

Pat is this the one you were trying to load up,i can`t believe this was 94 :sweatingbullets: ,

well here`s to SE 24 ohmy.gif:yes:

Dave f..........

post-2848-1143663183_thumb.jpg

Gonna have some cracking signs this year just for you :sweatingbullets: All be it I won hands down last year ohmy.gif

That`s coz you were drinking that southern puffter shandy drink, you know the one JD and coke. While I was drinking it straight and was far too drunk to reply with my usual northern venom, youth :yes: .

Edited by Coxy
Guest Gavin Page

Pat is this the one you were trying to load up,i can`t believe this was 94 :sweatingbullets: ,

well here`s to SE 24 ohmy.gif:yes:

Dave f..........

Mr G Out On The Floor :D

Some great photos of last year !

WWW.SOUL-ESSENCE.CO.UK

Hi Gavin,

Excellent pic's mate,must try harder this year i look sober in one? anyway can't wait for what has to be the best weekend of the year, so many people to catch up with,and maybe the odd drink or two, and a couple of tunes

ANDY MANN :thumbsup:

Pat is this the one you were trying to load up,i can`t believe this was 94 :lol: ,

well here`s to SE 24 :shhh::thumbsup:

Dave f..........

And a young looking Steve Reed from Cambridge, raving in the foreground.

Check the decor as well - about time they updated that artex and gave the place a lick o' paint :lol:

Girf

Some great photos of last year !

WWW.SOUL-ESSENCE.CO.UK

All this 'Yarmouth Banter' is really getting me in the mood Gavin.

Looking forward to the best Soul event on the planet.

Haven't missed a single one.

Never will.

Just love it!

You & Cozzer (and your long suffering Ladies) deserve a Knighthood mate for your contribution to REAL SOUL MUSIC.

See you at the seaside!

Sean Hampsey

x

Ello Darlin'

Don't remember you being gentle with me - still I've always liked it rough :lol:

Wish I were coming, but the children have ruined my social life :thumbsup:

Hope you have a ball - and make sure you kiss any nice looking men on my behalf (being married hasn't stopped the flooziness at all :shhh: )

Will be near the Tarpots at Easter......

Never mind babe, you'll get over it :lol:

Yes will defo kiss all the nice blokes on your behalf.

And Gareth... yes Benfleet.

Sean... yes, Sue and I are long suffering!

Sharon x

Yes, if you walk along the sea front from The Raynscourt, and keep going until you pass all the amusements & restaurants.........its a shit hole up that end as well :thumbsup:

Yes indeedy.....todays piece of trivia Euston Road where the Raynescourt is located (and the old station as mentioned yesterday :lol: ) was also a main thoroughfare for fish - tons and tons of the stuff would be wheeled past the Raynescourt everyday en route from the north sea destined for the dining tables of the north and midlands apparantly. Phew!

And more - leaving aside London, the Lake District, Dorset, Devon and Cornwall, Britains only car ferry river crossing is but a short and pleasant drive from Great Yarmouth.

More trivia tomorrow.

but hey did'nt know u could dance :D

You have to be able to dance at Soul Essence or you're not allowed on the dance floor (as small as it is) :thumbsup:

The 'Gav-a-round' committee has the final decision! :D