Ernestine Eady On Jm

Steve Foran

Guest gordon russell

top notch tune!!! mr fortnum as a copy but seems to clear the floor when he plays it.....why?

strange world of NS

it,s probably .....where........ that has something to do with it :thumbsup::D

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

All about opinions obviously. of the three I'd choose EE all day long, 'distressed' or not Phil lol.

EPs a beltin record; never had it, wouldn't pay much for it myself. Imp Cs great record but not in the same league as t'other two IMHO. (Between us, Ian C and I must've had at least a dozen over the years, rarer issues (weird 'rippling') and demos).

Nice tackle at RAFA btw Bri!

Atb

Phil

• Helpful 1
Social source share

All about opinions obviously. of the three I'd choose EE all day long, 'distressed' or not Phil lol.

EPs a beltin record; never had it, wouldn't pay much for it myself. Imp Cs great record but not in the same league as t'other two IMHO. (Between us, Ian C and I must've had at least a dozen over the years, rarer issues (weird 'rippling') and demos).

Nice tackle at RAFA btw Bri!

Atb

Phil

imperialc`s is my fave out of the 3 ...but it is the commonest....and what is it with the wierd rippling vinyl on this 45

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

i suppose abit like clarence reid - wand, like you have said before a nighter sound.....

you're probably right.........but why?.......it,s a great soul record..........so maybe some folk can,t or won,t get past oonique blend....or don,t really like soul music :thumbsup::D

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Hi Russ, EE never cleared the floor down here. Always works.

Hi Russ, EE never cleared the floor down here. Always works.

down where ? steve

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

though he had sold his to Mick H years ago ?

Okayish sound to my ears, nth special and if it wouldnt be rare...etc

If it wasn't rare ... what? :lol: I love that line. What does it mean?

You'd have to rate it and love it musically first and foremost, obviously, and I do, which I think is what you're getting at Marc. However, isn't rarity / exclusivity or however you wanna couch it part of the mystique / attraction and integral to collecting rare records on what is essentially a rare soul scene? I can think of plenty of rare records that I think are ordinary at best but I don't think people own and/or play them simply because they're rare. Do they? (Some might I suppose; they've got 'issues' and too much bloody money then).

If it wasn't rare I'd still like it, still have one and still play it out. All a matter of taste, obviously, and thank goodness for that. Anyway, I'll stretch to $5 if you've another knocking around Adey.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

It gets in a groove for sure, but I always want something more from it musically...a sax break or key changes...something, anything to make it really stand out. I need more from the producer and arranger, even though they have a fine pedigree of work under their belts. I have an alternate take of it with a slightly different vocal arrangement, but alas the backing track remains the same.

:g:

Social source share

It gets in a groove for sure, but I always want something more from it musically...a sax break or key changes...something, anything to make it really stand out. I need more from the producer and arranger, even though they have a fine pedigree of work under their belts. I have an alternate take of it with a slightly different vocal arrangement, but alas the backing track remains the same.

:g:

I'll take the alt take of ya hands mate if ya dont want it....lol

Russ

Social source share

EE was around since late Wigan, Searling played it originally, and I think it's always had a mystique about it, especially as Butch played it for a long time before other copies surfaced. In truth so has the Phil La label got that mystique which I loved collecting - I think I am missing three of them. Proper driving rare soul is EE, sure it would benefit from a bleating sax or something, but it;'s a solid dance record.

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

If it wasn't rare ... what? :lol: I love that line. What does it mean?

You'd have to rate it and love it musically first and foremost, obviously, and I do, which I think is what you're getting at Marc. However, isn't rarity / exclusivity or however you wanna couch it part of the mystique / attraction and integral to collecting rare records on what is essentially a rare soul scene? I can think of plenty of rare records that I think are ordinary at best but I don't think people own and/or play them simply because they're rare. Do they? (Some might I suppose; they've got 'issues' and too much bloody money then).

If it wasn't rare I'd still like it, still have one and still play it out. All a matter of taste, obviously, and thank goodness for that. Anyway, I'll stretch to $5 if you've another knocking around Adey.

usually marc posts......"great tune"...."of course i,m not gonna sell my mint copy".........so l guess he,s not got EE! :wicked::D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!