Jaco

Eugene Smiley And The Essence Of Love - Yes It's You

Covered up as the Fiestas I think.....thought it was Poke myself...

Russ

well Poke was a regular at snaith so no probs with that :D , always look back to that era with a smile remembering how fast great records were coming at us, not a problem we'll ever have again for sure :(  :(

well Poke was a regular at snaith so no probs with that :D , always look back to that era with a smile remembering how fast great records were coming at us, not a problem we'll ever have again for sure :(  :(

Snaith and Todmorden, we were blessed with great sundays back then... So many good records first spun there which went on to be massive at Wigan etc...

Ah Snaith the good old early embryonic days of the Modern Scene.

Arthur introduced us to so many good records that have stood the test of time , and now are searched by the Northern Soul element - they deemed them to fast / disco ish at that 79 / 80 period . 

That is how I remember it, don't you now have Poke's old copy ?  :)

I do have a copy, but for the life of me I cant remember where I got it, mine is the release that credits Eugene Smiley & the Essence of Love, demo I think, the issues only credited the Essence of Love....or is it vice versa, in Baghdad so cant check, I think it was Cliff who reactivated this a couple of years ago, still lots of plays left in this, quality all the way....

Russ

Strange that it came out twice as well, and neither variation is easy to find.

*See post  24...?, do I have this wrong ?....thought the white ones which credit ES&EL were demos & the blue ones which credit just the EL were issues....could have this all mixed up though, cant check properly right now, so your saying there are two release numbers Steve ?

Best Russ

Russ

I do have a copy, but for the life of me I cant remember where I got it, mine is the release that credits Eugene Smiley & the Essence of Love, demo I think, the issues only credited the Essence of Love....or is it vice versa, in Baghdad so cant check, I think it was Cliff who reactivated this a couple of years ago, still lots of plays left in this, quality all the way....

Russ

Hi Russ, I think I sold you my old copy.......

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.