Two Plus Two. I'm Sure/look Around On Velgo

I noticed we have one up for auction on evil bay. (not sure if I should post a link??)

Its in only 'G' condition, two great great soulful sides on this record IMO.

I just love it, okay, what's the history on this?

Who first played this and where? Stafford/later??

Don't come up for auction that often,  I'm presuming we can class this as very rare, what's it gonna Fetch then?

Shame about the condition of this, wonder what a minter would fetch?

Aid.

Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

It is a lot more recent than Stafford.  Greg Tormo had it first as far as I am aware.  Then Butch got the first over here, Followed by Mick H and Arthur if memory seres me correctly.

Cheers for that background, great record, sadly out of my league, unless its one of those Numero ones I think. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest giant

It is a lot more recent than Stafford.  Greg Tormo had it first as far as I am aware.  Then Butch got the first over here, Followed by Mick H and Arthur if memory seres me correctly.

im sure  what you say is correct Chalky ,if memory  serves me right.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Greg had it first by a long shot, full credit to him for that, if remember rightly he then was the 2nd highest bidder on the second ever copy when that popped up on ebay, he actually wanted to buy it to resell at a mark-up to Butch...but Butch saw the auction and beat him out to win it directly! 

Social source share

Guest uroffal

If memory serves me correctly it would be early 00's when played here. Greg had the disc a lot longer though. Sure Butch will confirm if he reads this.

Wasn't this the one sold in 2004? I remember watching it on ebay having never heard or seen it before (there was a soundfile of both sides). I thought I might have a chance of winning it - what a tw*t :D

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

Just a thought. Recently got re-issued on both Outta Sight & also in the Eccentric Numero box set.

Can't both be legal then can they & if not both legit then which one isn't?

Why can't they both be legal, anyone can license anything

Social source share

Wasn't this the one sold in 2004? I remember watching it on ebay having never heard or seen it before (there was a soundfile of both sides). I thought I might have a chance of winning it - what a tw*t :D

Probably was that one, it would be around the time Lifeline started so that date sorta fits in. I think Butch played it at the 100 Club first.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Why can't they both be legal, anyone can license anything

Just seems strange Pete along with the recent Treasure Mind re-issue/boot or whatever it is.

Also if I was re-issuing something legally* I wouldn't want every other Tom,Dick & Harry doing the same.

*(When I say legally I mean with full artist, producer etc permission & a % going to them & not just paying a trivial fee to some licensing bureau if & when asked).

Social source share

Just seems strange Pete along with the recent Treasure Mind re-issue/boot or whatever it is.

Also if I was re-issuing something legally* I wouldn't want every other Tom,Dick & Harry doing the same.

*(When I say legally I mean with full artist, producer etc permission & a % going to them & not just paying a trivial fee to some licensing bureau if & when asked).

I think a lot come from a company called Song Seekers.  I may be wrong.

Social source share

Guest ruppy

no Nev not now its booted :lol:

every fkn rare record has been booted ted ,all the best ones in the last 18 months,most by a tosser we all know about

Social source share

Guest giant

every fkn rare record has been booted ted ,all the best ones in the last 18 months,most by a tosser we all know about

yes he is a real big tosser ,i wish some one could stop him.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert