Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

KevH

Pee Wee,shuck And Huey On Flagg

Miles Grayson production from L.A. 

Must be looking at £1500 for this now.

Should have bought it when I had the chance at £400.  That copy had the managers name and contact number on it.

I read that this is a current play for Butch.  Damn, I knew I should have bought a copy of this years ago....one of my all-time favourites.

I was surprised to see this on a historic Stafford playlist recently.  I didn't realise it had been well known for such a long time.

Can someone educate me on the history of this being played on the northern scene please?

1 hour ago, chalky said:

Bout 91/92,wasn’t a Stafford play. 

Maybe I've got the venue wrong then, can't remember where I read it.  It was something about a DJ who was a resident at a top venue but packed it in and sold up, and this was on a list of records he played.  I was surprised to see it on the list, because it seemed from too early a time.

Sorry if I've got that wrong.  I never went to Stafford, although I could have done because one of my best mates was a regular.  Regret not going now!

hi , thought it was Guy H that played I first ....he brought back 2 copies from a US trip...... those copies went to Dean Anderson and Cliff Camfield if I remember right

franc

Edited by cobbles

8 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Maybe I am alone in thinking 'Beside myself' is a horrible racket that makes me want to cover my ears

I believe so!  It's one of my favourites.  Though that doesn't mean much.  I'm sure I posted up a scan of it with the hand written comments on the label from the manager.

2 hours ago, neckender said:

Soulbowl discovery (one of many) in the early 8ts.  Very expensive it was too.

Never realised that.  Did it get any plays anywhere before Dean/Kitch? I don’t remember hearing it.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts