YVONNE CARROLL.....PLEASE DON'T GO....VEE JAY D.J

DEENA JOHNSON....THE BREAKING POINT....WILD DEUCE D.J

ROCKMASTERS.....RAINING TEARDROPS...ROMULUS D.J

FANTASTIC FOUR....LIVE UP TO WHAT SHE THINKS....RIC TIC

JOE WALKER....THIS IS MY LAST GOODBYE....BOLD

GEORGE JACKSON....MY DESIRES ARE GETTING THE BEST OF ME..FAME

CYNTHIA & IMAGINATIONS...HEY BOY ( I lOVE YOU )...BLUE ROCK D.J

BEVERLY SHAFFER....WHERE WILL YOU BE BOY...ONE DER FUL

SO MANY THANKYOUS FOR A AWESOME NIGHT ,FIRSTLY STEVE CATO FOR INVITING ME AND GAZ TO DJ,WE ARE ALWAYS HONOURED TO GRACE SUCH A TOP NIGHT WITH JOAN,KARL,JOHN AND THE BRILLIANT ADAM LEAVER AND PAUL SADOT WE FEEL HONOURED TO BE IN SUCH COMPANY.

WE THOUGHT THE NIGHT WAS BLOODY BRILLIANT STILL BUZZING NOW,WILL POST MY PLAYLIST LATER,JUST A BIG THANYOU TO EVERYONE WHO MADE THIS ONE OF THE BEST SOUL NIGHTS I HAVE BEEN TO SINCE I FIRST HIT THE TRAIL IN 1978.

PS WE ALL HAD SUCH A LAUGH ON THE WAY BACK KEV JOHNSON AND TED SPECIAL FRIENDS THAT MAKE THE SOUL SCENE WHAT IT IS IE ALWAYS FUN FIRST.

WILL POST PLAYLISTS WHEN I PULL MYSELF TOGETHER.

Just got back to Brighton after a fairly long old journey. And I'm feeling a little worse for wear. But what a brilliant weekend. What a warm, friendly, up for it crowd. It was a real pleasure to meet so many nice hospitable people.

Many thanks to Steve and Lydia for inviting me around at such short notice on Friday. Really enjoyed the chat. Puttting the world to rights with a glass of wine and some soulful sounds playing. Life at it's best.

Great to see the North East crowd. What a great bunch of lads who really made me feel welcome. Hope to see you all again soon either at SON or up at home.

Big apologies to Harry could you PM me with your address and I'll get it in the post as soon as possible.

My heads still buzzing with all the brilliant sounds that were played. Every set seemed fit to bust with soulful sounds. Hope to get back up again soon and certainly next time the North East crowd are in Toon.

All the best

Manus

Edited by manus
Guest ZTSC

Hey listen - did I tell you the one about ............ whistling.gif .

I knew it was gonna be a special night coz I gave myself a headache after just 30 minutes !

Thanks to everyone who put with the "Demanding Man" all night and apologies to anyone .who I may have upset (don't think I did ).

We arrived in time for Ady Lupton's spot and were greeted by the brilliant Jimmy Norman "I'm leaving" . I absolutely love this (under rated) record so it was straight onto the nicely laid floor which was a MASSIVE improvement on our last visit and has transformed this venue to something on par with Lloyd Street.

The place just got better and better as the night progressed with different faces turning up until the the place got packed out to capacity in room 1. Had some good conversations with Manus (big thanks mate for the long journey) Mark Bicknell (just to keep you on your toes Mark, and make sure you didn't drop off) Carl and Maria (great sense of humour and great shoes Maria - thanks !) Ady Lupton , Lisa , The Woods, Gail , Angela , Bernie & Andy (whens the wedding date ?) , Craig Butler (who sneaked Jimmy Burns back into his box when I wasn't looking), Lydia , Eileen , Adam , Joan's mate (dressed in black ? - what great fun) the scouse guy with red shirt on , Steve Cato and of course special friends Joan ,Tony , Karl , Deb and Paul Sadot. Not forgetting of course our own boys ME , Gaz , Baz , Davey,Ted. Harry and our very patient bus driver "Billy from The Village"

Too many records to mention but a few that stuck in my head were Jimmy Norman "I'm Leaving" (Fred Smith) and The Performers "I Can't Stop ", Towana "Get That Feeling Back Again" (I tell you man - this is just a fantastic record) , George Hobson "Let It Be Real" (Sublime !) The Falcons "Good Good Feelin" (Get on !!!) Fantastic Four " Live Up To What She Thinks" , Four Sonics "Easier Said Than Done" (Shut up man !!!) Richard Caiton "Like to Get Near You" (top end music ! ) , Soul Notes "Don't Make Me Beg" Bobby Brown "Gotta Have You" (hit the spot at the right time) Bobby Jones "Talkin Bout Jones" Captions "Turn Out The Lights", Volcanoes "No 1" (sounded brill ) Jesse James "Your Gonna Leave Me" (It's just perfection - sorry Joan and Debs :ohmy: )

Just too many to remember - so get your play lists up lads n lasses.

To sum up - ALL ROUND QUALITY with no exceptions . For me , this is just the right way to enjoy our music.

Well done to all who played their part last night .

Kev J

Just vwanted to mention this - Gail , I am most definately NOT GAY !

Edited by ZTSC

I've just risen from my pit after a good old long sleep.......what can i say??? i don't do many gigs these days but i have to say that musically last night was just about as good as it gets, i'm only sorry i've missed the previous eleven Soul Or Nothing nights, all the DJ's were spot on, good company, good music and even the Red Sripe at £2.00 a can hit the spot...lol Great to see Ady Lupton fantastic records mate blinding, thanks to Eddie for the lift home...the whole night was simply awesome.

Steve Cato works so hard on this event and it's nice to see solid support for all his efforts.

I'll be there next month for more of the same, superb.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

HERES MY SPOT AS I REMEMBER

SPENCER WIGGINS-LETS TALK IT OVER-UNISSUED

SYMPHONICS-GUILTY-CURTOM

FOUR TOPS -SHAKE ME WAKE ME-MOTOWN

RICHARD LANGHAM-HEY LITTLE GIRL-JOSIE WHITE PROMO

LOUIS YOUNGER -NIGHT CHICK-SPECTRUM

ARTISITCIS-HOPE WE HAVE-BRUNSWICK

FESTIVALS-HEY GIRL-BLUE ROCK

JOHNNY ROBINSON-GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTON-OKEH PROMO

FAB APPOLLOS-THE ONE ALONE-VALTONE

SILKY HARGREAVES-LOVE LETS TRY IT AGAIN-WHEELSVILLE

LORD LUTHER -MY MISTAKE-SCHRIEK

JIVE FIVE-IF I HAD A CHANCE TO LOVE YOU -DECCA

BREWSTER CREW-IM ONE WHO KNOWS-LIFELINE

VOLCANOES -NO 1 FOOL-ARCTIC

INTERTAINS-I NEED YOUR LOVE-UPTOWN PROMO

FEW MORE MAYBE CANT REMEMBER,LETS GET ALL THE PLAYLISTS UP AND SHOW WHAT AN AWESOME TREAT IT WAS.

PS PAUL SADOT THANKS FOR THAT BRILLIANT SWEET TRACK BY EVON JONES IT WILL NOT BE FORGOTTON I WILL PASS ONE ON TO YOU NEXT TIME I SEE YOU.KARL AND DEBRA BRILLIANT PEOPLE AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEDDING[i THINK YOUR A LUCK MAN KARL]ENJOY THE BOBBY TAYLOR MY LITTLE WEDDING GIFT TO YOU TWO.

SEE YOU ALL SOON I HOPE.

Edited by baz atkinson

GREAT CHATTING BAZ...SEE YOU SOON, AFRAID I'M GONNA MISS NEXT S.O.N...I'M IN THE STATES...BUT ONE AFTER DEFFO BE THERE !!!!!!!

CHEERS

CHRIS M yes.gif

AND YOUMATE THE BEERS ON ME NEXT TIME YOU NEVER KNOW WE MIGHT GET A POSSE TO IRELAND FOR ONE OF THE DOS YOU ADVERTISE,THAT WOULD BE A GOOD COMBINATION IRELAND AND THE NORTH EAST!

TAKE CARE BAZ A.

We arrived in time for Ady Lupton's spot and were greeted by the brilliant Jimmy Norman "I'm leaving" . I absolutely love this (under rated) record

Dont actually think this guy has made a bad record!

Guest ZTSC

Dont actually think this guy has made a bad record!

"I'm Leaving" is the dogs bollocks for me Baz (credit to Roger and Robbo yes.gif )

A promoters job is not an easy one at times but nights like this make it worth while..

Big thanks to all the djs and so good to see you all pulling together :lol: ...Never easy to please all at times but the Soul Or Nothing crowd do give you room to play some different sounds...

Big difference with the new floor and extra sound,slight problem on one deck will be sorted for next month..

So good to see a young crowd alongside the O.A.Ps :lol: ..Thanks to Paul Barker and his bunch of merry men... whistling.gif

Great to meet you Manus and have that chat...Will post the coat soon..Send address...

The North East boys are always welcome at my place,even the sill cu"t who bites your legs :ohmy:

Far too many others to thank but you know who you are..We have a nice little venue and people who want that little extra from your soul..

Great to see Gareth and Ady Lupton back again,hope you got home ok... :lol:

Back on the 5th August with guest Djs..Olof...Sweden..Nick Hackett...London.. and Ged Parker..Blackpool..

Keep it real and don't suffer fools...

steve

Edited by little-stevie

A big thanks to Steve and Lydia, Joan, Paul, Adam and all the other deejays for another great SON. A privelege to be asked to do it and to be there. It was special. I only get a glimpse of all the hard work Steve puts in to this event to ensure that everything goes smoothly and that everyone feels welcome. I'd like him to know that all his work is greatly appreciated. Lisa and I had a great time and it was good to hang out with many like-minded souls. Cheers.

Fantasic night! What a cracking venue the aqua bar is now. Totally transformed from when i was last in 3 months ago. We vacated the "cool spot" at the top of the room where the fan was.

Took about 12 of my mates down, a few of which had never been to a northern night before and they LOVED IT :thumbsup: and will definitelty be returning next month.

You really are onto a winner here Steve.

SO MANY THANKYOUS FOR A AWESOME NIGHT ,FIRSTLY STEVE CATO FOR INVITING ME AND GAZ TO DJ,WE ARE ALWAYS HONOURED TO GRACE SUCH A TOP NIGHT WITH JOAN,KARL,JOHN AND THE BRILLIANT ADAM LEAVER AND PAUL SADOT WE FEEL HONOURED TO BE IN SUCH COMPANY.

WE THOUGHT THE NIGHT WAS BLOODY BRILLIANT STILL BUZZING NOW,WILL POST MY PLAYLIST LATER,JUST A BIG THANYOU TO EVERYONE WHO MADE THIS ONE OF THE BEST SOUL NIGHTS I HAVE BEEN TO SINCE I FIRST HIT THE TRAIL IN 1978.

PS WE ALL HAD SUCH A LAUGH ON THE WAY BACK KEV JOHNSON AND TED SPECIAL FRIENDS THAT MAKE THE SOUL SCENE WHAT IT IS IE ALWAYS FUN FIRST.

WILL POST PLAYLISTS WHEN I PULL MYSELF TOGETHER.

WHAT A NIGHT!!! Im still recovering!! The North East Lads........quality and 'soul'. GAZ played a fucking blinding spot!! BAZ, as ever, had the place dancing and me writing a few down....glad you like the record mate!

What a great crowd....people from lots of different places, no politics, just a love of music and excitement! Thanks to everyone who travelled and made it a night to remember.

Kev J, what a top man.......'Mayhem'.........on the floor dancing from the moment he entered and had me laughing until the end!! (with you Kev. Not at you!ha! ) :thumbsup:

Got to say im always proud to be on the same line up as Joan and Karl and they both did great spots.........how good did James Wayne sound!

That 'Vimto' was strong.....very fruity!! :rolleyes:

Nights like these occur very rarely and its down to the people and the music!! Well done Steve for putting on a memorable night...

John May was excellent, as was Craig, Adam, Gareth and Adey!!

'Inspiring' is a word you hear very rarely on the 'scene' nowadays, but the whole night was just that!! :huh:

Would also like to thank Carl and Maria, Chris Morgan, Tony, Paul, etc for coming and supporting us. Its rare to see Dj's that come out and support events that they are not playing at....great!

I will post my play list later today!

Dont forget GREATSTONE on Saturday!!! And Wigan on August 27th......

PAUL-S :lol:

Casual readers of this thread might find the tone a bit "gushing" ....sorry, you weren't there! Best night I've had in ages, in terms of atmosphere, crowd and choons. One regular got so sweaty, ,he drove home across the Pennines in only his underkeks :rolleyes:

YES? Well, no point in lying for those sad b------s! :thumbsup:

PAUL-S

Casual readers of this thread might find the tone a bit "gushing" ....sorry, you weren't there! Best night I've had in ages, in terms of atmosphere, crowd and choons. One regular got so sweaty, ,he drove home across the Pennines in only his underkeks :thumbsup:

I knew i told someone I was planning to do that, couldn't remember who I told......... :rolleyes:

WHAT A NIGHT!!! Im still recovering!! The North East Lads........quality and 'soul'. GAZ played a fucking blinding spot!! BAZ, as ever, had the place dancing and me writing a few down....glad you like the record mate!

What a great crowd....people from lots of different places, no politics, just a love of music and excitement! Thanks to everyone who travelled and made it a night to remember.

Kev J, what a top man.......'Mayhem'.........on the floor dancing from the moment he entered and had me laughing until the end!! (with you Kev. Not at you!ha! ) :huh:

Got to say im always proud to be on the same line up as Joan and Karl and they both did great spots.........how good did James Wayne sound!

That 'Vimto' was strong.....very fruity!! :rolleyes:

Nights like these occur very rarely and its down to the people and the music!! Well done Steve for putting on a memorable night...

John May was excellent, as was Craig, Adam, Gareth and Adey!!

'Inspiring' is a word you hear very rarely on the 'scene' nowadays, but the whole night was just that!! :lol:

Would also like to thank Carl and Maria, Chris Morgan, Tony, Paul, etc for coming and supporting us. Its rare to see Dj's that come out and support events that they are not playing at....great!

I will post my play list later today!

Dont forget GREATSTONE on Saturday!!! And Wigan on August 27th......

PAUL-S :(

LOVED IT AND DON'T FORGET 'BIG DADDY BICKNELL' THERE TOO...CU AT THE MIGHTY GREATSTONE...ROLLON SATURDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I knew i told someone I was planning to do that, couldn't remember who I told.........

John I never got to speak with you on Saturday night which is just as well because between us I reckon we could do some damage crossing the Pennines on the way home.

Coming over t'top at Saddleworth , doing about 90 (the driver that is) ,I dropped me keks , tried to change into another pair and whilst balancing on one foot , our bus driver, "Billy From The Village" hit the brakes the twat !

90 - zero in 2 seconds , and theres me flying to front of the bus ,one foot in and one foot out , en route to Halifax :thumbsup:

Anyway John , a cracking spot mate. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Kev J

Edited by ZTSC

Heres my playlist..no particular order!

Verble Domino - Ive Been Fooled Before

Florence Miller - The Groove Im In

Wilson Love - Funny Money

Our Love Is Dying - Herman Lewis (cover)

Judy McDonald with the Mellowettes - Theres Nothing Id Rather Do

Sammy Campbell - I Never Thought

Little Samson - Dont Take Your Love

Emmitt Long - Call Me

Leonard Adair - That Smile Upon Your Face

Lee Moses - Shes A Bad Girl

Willy Wiley - Just Be Glad

Main Ingredient - Life Wont Be The Same

Early Clover - Think It Over

Gospel Travellers - Ive Got A Mind

Little Melvin - Jealous Lover

Four Andantes - Hipper Than Me

Bobby Smith - Girl (cover)

Captions - Turn Out The Lights

Cleveland Robinson - Figure It Out (cover)

Sinceres - Girl I love You

Jim and Lee - Lets Go Baby

Jonathon Capree - Gonna Build Me A Mountain

New Figurations - Nuts For Ya

Gwen and Ray - Whats On Your Mind (cover)

Fabulous Denos - Bad Girl

PAUL-S :rolleyes:

John I never got to speak with you on Saturday night which is just as well because between us I reckon we could do some damage crossing the Pennines on the way home.

Coming over t'top at Saddleworth , doing about 90 (the driver that is) ,I dropped me keks , tried to change into another pair and whilst balancing on one foot , our bus driver, "Billy From The Village" hit the brakes the twat !

90 - zero in 2 seconds , and theres me flying to front of the bus ,one foot in and one foot out , en route to Halifax :(

Anyway John , a cracking spot mate. :yes:

Cheers

Kev J

Cheers Kev :( .......

The seat belt don't half chaff on the old nipples......... :(

Absolutely fantastic night, i agree with all of the above positive remarks!!

Everybody involved deserves a big pat on the back!!

THIS IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT!!

This was my second S.O.N. and it certainly wont be my last.

Thanks guys and gals for asking me to DJ, I really enjoyed it.

My playlist :-

Magictones -- How can i forget you -- Wheelsville

Chuck Bernard -- Yes we got it going -- New breed

Ambassadors -- I need someone -- Uptown

Gorgeous George -- Strange book -- Homark

Royal five -- Say it to my face -- Tyler

Mystics -- Put out the fire -- Orr

Purple mundi -- Stop hurting me baby -- Cat

Albert Jones -- Up to the sun -- Bumpshop

Johnnie Mae Matthews -- I have no choice -- Big hit

Four sonics - Easier said than done -- Sport

Bobbie Brown -- I got to have you -- Jacklyn

Informers -- Baby set me free -- Black jack

Grier Brothers -- Weeping baby all the time -- Melody disc

James Taylor -- Love with hope -- Ovide

Fortson & Scott - Sweet lover -- Pzazz

Sammy King -- Shes moody with her love -- Marathon

Gaz

LOVED IT AND DON'T FORGET 'BIG DADDY BICKNELL' THERE TOO...CU AT THE MIGHTY GREATSTONE...ROLLON SATURDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Shucks......loved it, i'm trying to get back into getting out and about more, still got a few records myself but very much happy to support quality nights such as this......will get to the Greatstone next sometime soon.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Absolutely fantastic night, i agree with all of the above positive remarks!!

Everybody involved deserves a big pat on the back!!

THIS IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT!!

This was my second S.O.N. and it certainly wont be my last.

Thanks guys and gals for asking me to DJ, I really enjoyed it.

My playlist :-

Magictones -- How can i forget you -- Wheelsville

Chuck Bernard -- Yes we got it going -- New breed

Ambassadors -- I need someone -- Uptown

Gorgeous George -- Strange book -- Homark

Royal five -- Say it to my face -- Tyler

Mystics -- Put out the fire -- Orr

Purple mundi -- Stop hurting me baby -- Cat

Albert Jones -- Up to the sun -- Bumpshop

Johnnie Mae Matthews -- I have no choice -- Big hit

Four sonics - Easier said than done -- Sport

Bobbie Brown -- I got to have you -- Jacklyn

Informers -- Baby set me free -- Black jack

Grier Brothers -- Weeping baby all the time -- Melody disc

James Taylor -- Love with hope -- Ovide

Fortson & Scott - Sweet lover -- Pzazz

Sammy King -- Shes moody with her love -- Marathon

Gaz

Nice spot Gaz, I arrived while you were playing the Four sonics, and was amazed at the dance floor response, looking at what you played before, wish i'd arrived earlier........

Like i said its one year down the line and more to come i hope...Always gonna keep it in smaller clubs and try and push a few different tunes..Would be interested to know what some of you thought of the cd tracks,what stands out,what don't you know etc etc..Dont post comments on here though,send to stevecato64@yahoo.co.uk...

Thanks again to all the residents..Joan..Paul..Karl....Adam and the help and great tunes also Reg..Richard..Lydia plus all who have supported us for the last year...Its quite simple really,you keep coming and we keep pushing Soul Or Nothing...I will have a few more copies of the anniversary cd if any out there want one...Drop me a line...

Don't suffer fools...

steve x

Looks like everyone's said it all. Fantastic night !!!!!!!!!!!!! Great when the north east lads come down, thanks for the record baz !! great tune and will get loads of plays when i'm on.

Excellant spots from all the dj's !!!!!!!

Ok here's my playlist, what i can remember, heads still a bit fuzzy from the vimpto.

Marvin Gaye Seek and you shall find Tamla LP

Tommy Turner Lazy Elbam

C L Blast What can i do United

Kelly Brothers Crying days are over Sims

Getto Boys Hand writing on the wall Tarx

Tony Hestor Watch Yourself Karate

El Anthony We've been in love too long La Cindy

Darrow Fletcher What have i got now Jacklyn

Soul Set Who do you think you are Good Time

Invitations Watch out little girl MGM

Carol Anderson I'm not worried Whip

Dynamics You make me feel good RCA

Dynamite Singletary I really love you Dynamite

Jessie James Are you gonna leave me Shirley

Hesitations Wait a minute Kapp

Millionaires And the rains came Specialty

Bobby Jones Talkin bout Jones Expo

George Jackson I found what i wanted Verve

Esther Williams You gotta let me show you Friends & Co

Ernie Johnson Big man cry Steph & Lee

Impressions You ought to be in heaven ABC.

Ca'nt wait for the next one.

Regards Karl

Looks like everyone's said it all. Fantastic night !!!!!!!!!!!!! Great when the north east lads come down, thanks for the record baz !! great tune and will get loads of plays when i'm on.

Excellant spots from all the dj's !!!!!!!

Ok here's my playlist, what i can remember, heads still a bit fuzzy from the vimpto.

Marvin Gaye Seek and you shall find Tamla LP

Tommy Turner Lazy Elbam

C L Blast What can i do United

Kelly Brothers Crying days are over Sims

Getto Boys Hand writing on the wall Tarx

Tony Hestor Watch Yourself Karate

El Anthony We've been in love too long La Cindy

Darrow Fletcher What have i got now Jacklyn

Soul Set Who do you think you are Good Time

Invitations Watch out little girl MGM

Carol Anderson I'm not worried Whip

Dynamics You make me feel good RCA

Dynamite Singletary I really love you Dynamite

Jessie James Are you gonna leave me Shirley

Hesitations Wait a minute Kapp

Millionaires And the rains came Specialty

Bobby Jones Talkin bout Jones Expo

George Jackson I found what i wanted Verve

Esther Williams You gotta let me show you Friends & Co

Ernie Johnson Big man cry Steph & Lee

Impressions You ought to be in heaven ABC.

Ca'nt wait for the next one.

Regards Karl

TOP STUFF KARL...........BEEN SPINNIN BOBBY JONES MYSELF..BLOODY GREAT TRACK & DYNAMITE SINGLETARY :lol: YOU AT GREATSTONE????

After the anniversary we are back to out normal monthly time next month..We have Nick Hackett playing here for the first time....He calls himself a Northerner trapped in a Southerners body :thumbsup: ..Plus the return of Olof the viking from Sweden and Ged Parker(Colin Bells love child)..Always good to give a bit of advanced plug with people wanting to come from distance and book hotels etc..

Soul Or Nothing

Saturday....5th August

8pm to 3am..

Aqua Bar

£5 on the door

opp g-mex behind the hacienda,100 yards from Deansgate Station.100 yards from the Ritz..

Guest Djs..

Olof.........................................Sweden

Ged Parker

Nick Hackett ..London

resident djs..

Paul Sadot

Jumpin Joan

Karl Rhodes

Adam Leaver

style..

rare 60s/70s northern soul,crossover,big beat ballads,RnB....etc.. etc...

details..www.cooloff.net..mob..07752084878

email...stevecato64@yahoo.co.uk

Free parking outside on side street and in small car park..Plus all night multi story opposite and NCP round the corner on Whitworth Street...

Premiere lodge and other hotels 5 min walk..

After the anniversary we are back to out normal monthly time next month..We have Nick Hackett playing here for the first time....He calls himself a Northerner trapped in a Southerners body :thumbsup: ..Plus the return of Olof the viking from Sweden and Ged Parker(Colin Bells love child)..Always good to give a bit of advanced plug with people wanting to come from distance and book hotels etc..

Soul Or Nothing

Saturday....5th August

8pm to 3am..

Aqua Bar

£5 on the door

opp g-mex behind the hacienda,100 yards from Deansgate Station.100 yards from the Ritz..

Guest Djs..

Olof.........................................Sweden

Ged Parker

Nick Hackett ..London

resident djs..

Paul Sadot

Jumpin Joan

Karl Rhodes

Adam Leaver

style..

rare 60s/70s northern soul,crossover,big beat ballads,RnB....etc.. etc...

details..www.cooloff.net..mob..07752084878

email...stevecato64@yahoo.co.uk

Free parking outside on side street and in small car park..Plus all night multi story opposite and NCP round the corner on Whitworth Street...

Premiere lodge and other hotels 5 min walk..

UNFORTUNATELY GONNA MISS THIS ONE STEVE WILL BE STUCK IN NYC HOPE IT'S AS 'BARNSTORMING' AS THE ANNIVERSARY, SURE IT WILL BE :thumbsup:

CnC

Edited by bearsoul
Guest OoohGeorgieBerry

A belated message of "well done Mr Cato" thanks to having to wait an aeon to get registered of this Soul Source gubbins, and then spending more time than is healthy trying to wade through the Whitby post-mortem on another thread. Any road, bravo sir. A quite magnificent offering of tunes from all the DJs, not a bad un all night. Well worth the trip over the Pennines and I shall be back. Oh and don't believe all you read from a certain Richard of York... I merely threatened to drive back to Leeds in just my boxers due to the sweaty nature of the event, but decided against scaring my fellow travellers on the M62 :yes:

I particularly enjoyed the Fantstic Four's "I'm gonna live up (to what she thinks)" as I'd not heard it for some while. Happily I heard it again just a week later when Jumpin Joan kindly obliged at the Middleton Allnighter.

Keep up the good work fella. A big "hey up duck" to Lydia. See thee.

vis unita fortior

AndyP

Guest OoohGeorgieBerry

Nice to see you on here Andy and thanks for the message..Its people like you who will keep the night going my freind..Take care and see you soon...

steve...

Well Steve while we are in "mutual appreciation mode", it's people like you putting on events as good as yours that make it worth going along. :thumbsup: You are keeping the Soul scene fresh (apart from the sweat!!! :boxing: ) with your efforts. Long may you continue and receive the support you so richly deserve.

Until next time... AndyP

Source Advert