Scientists Of Soul On Kashe

Guest Kevin J

• Replies 31
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Doing a little write up and was wondering who played this when and where on the UK scene. Thanks.

Kevin

Think i first heard this on a tape made up for me by Bev Nipps in Reading, about 1974/75 along with many other classics, all new to me at the time. This has always been a fave of mine & heard it out - in a 70s spot - couple of weeks ago. Proof that you dont have tospend a fortune to get a top notch record!!!!

Alan

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(mark.b @ Jun 15 2006, 10:41 PM) link
I would say that this was probably an early spin on the scene possibly the torch maybe the twisted wheel, cnat be sure but it seems to have been around for a long long time.

mark

The guy i heard it from was a Torch regular, so thats most likely - great record wherever/whoever played it first!!

Alan

Social source share

Think i first heard this on a tape made up for me by Bev Nipps in Reading, about 1974/75 along with many other classics, all new to me at the time. This has always been a fave of mine & heard it out - in a 70s spot - couple of weeks ago. Proof that you dont have tospend a fortune to get a top notch record!!!!

Alan

With you on this one Alan, infact this is in my all time top ten mate, quality record, still Bev Nipps always had great taste...Reading was/is a very soulful place even if i left in 1987 lol

See you soon mate - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

With you on this one Alan, infact this is in my all time top ten mate, quality record, still Bev Nipps always had great taste...Reading was/is a very soulful place even if i left in 1987 lol

See you soon mate - Mark Bicknell.

If i remember rightly Bev's tape had things like this track, Charades, Clifford Curry etc, how good did they sound then - and still do now!! Quality tracks stand the test of time mate. Feeling a bit deep tonight with the news about Nige Shaw, a man who knew a quality track for sure!!

Alan

Social source share

Always been a cheap tune,always used to be a pound or so in old money. But what a great sound. I was really pleased to hear it the other night (and dance to it)

Mark - Reading hasn't been the same since you left. (so I've been told anyway)

Tony

Social source share

Always been a cheap tune,always used to be a pound or so in old money. But what a great sound. I was really pleased to hear it the other night (and dance to it)

Tony

Thought you'd remember buying this for 7/6 Tone!! Yes, sounded good at Lightwater the other week, along with the OJays - Hold On, went well in a 70s spot i thought.

Al

Oh yes Reading definitely not the same without the big fella - no mod nights - no little mods making a mess on the dancefloor, ripping off toilet doors etc. Happy days!!!

Social source share

Tony

Is that Mr Ellis???? ain't it about time we all got together Mr Eames and did a 'Reading' lets get wasted night, get a venue i'll be there mate....lol

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...Once upon a time copies of this were more common than Beckham's promises of a good England performance - it may still be cheap but - not unlike a good England performance - you don't see it around anywhere near as much anymore (unlike some purportedly rare, £100.00 plus titles that I saw in just about every dealer's box at Cleethorpes. e.g. Larry Trider, Carol and Gerri, Dottie and Millie, Percy Wiggins etc.)

My advice to anyone who hasn't got one yet, is to get one now while it's still affordable.

TONE :D

Social source share

...Once upon a time copies of this were more common than Beckham's promises of a good England performance - it may still be cheap but - not unlike a good England performance - you don't see it around anywhere near as much anymore (unlike some purportedly rare, £100.00 plus titles that I saw in just about every dealer's box at Cleethorpes. e.g. Larry Trider, Carol and Gerri, Dottie and Millie, Percy Wiggins etc.)

TONE :D

Thats cause its crap!!,and i have got one :D what they worth now?£5-10 if your lukcy,nice label tho`............ :D

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

classic - doesn't it use the same backing track as Dave Love - baby hard times? Another quality cheapie :)

Cheers

Steve

Certainly very similar, and every bit as good - how could any right minded soul fan describe this as "Crap"? (Oh hang on, Ken's from Tottenham, that explains a lot, I suppose.....) :D:D:):):D

TONE

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Certainly very similar, and every bit as good - how could any right minded soul fan describe this as "Crap"? (Oh hang on, Ken's from Tottenham, that explains a lot, I suppose.....) :):D:D:D:D

TONE

:D:):D

Tottenham ?

Surely Kens a Dingle, and proud of it :)

Social source share

Thats cause its crap!!,and i have got one :) what they worth now?£5-10 if your lukcy,nice label tho`............ :)

Since when has price determined a good sound ? Kenny stop buying records until you've bought some cotton buds :):D

Coming down tonight mate ? :dance:

Social source share

Is that Mr Ellis???? ain't it about time we all got together Mr Eames and did a 'Reading' lets get wasted night, get a venue i'll be there mate....lol

Mark Bicknell.

Im gonna hold you to that big boy, & Ellis + crew, got a great venue lining up - next to the local Premiership teams ground :):) .

Al

Social source share

Since when has price determined a good sound ? Kenny stop buying records until you've bought some cotton buds :):)

Coming down tonight mate ? :dance:

Price as now`t to do with it,have you ever listened to one of my sets :D ,just think this is a bit messy,i know!!crap!!was a bit strong,but i dont think i will be playing this out ever!!.

Comin` down?,maybe hope the sound system is sorted,Euston were on about is it? :D

K Dingle

:) King of Dingles

Social source share

Price as now`t to do with it,have you ever listened to one of my sets :D ,just think this is a bit messy,i know!!crap!!was a bit strong,but i dont think i will be playing this out ever!!.

Comin` down?,maybe hope the sound system is sorted,Euston were on about is it? :)

K Dingle

:D King of Dingles

To each their own your 'ighness :)

Yes mate Euston - Sound system is going to sit there & rot as we're bringing in all our own equipment this afternoon :D ........................or we may just do Kareoke, I'm sure Scratchy is on there somewhere :)

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

thanks all for your help! i, PERSONALLY think it is quite a nice tune and yes, cheap ... picked mine up for about $10 US.

Social source share

Guest pendulum

As far as i know it was never played at the wheel or the torch .i think its a great side maybe levine spun it at the mecca.

Social source share

As far as i know it was never played at the wheel or the torch .i think its a great side maybe levine spun it at the mecca.

Don't think anyone really played it out, not even the Mecca got behind this one (can't remrember hearing it). One of the many fabulous records that just got lost in the shuffle of the seventies. Classic style cross-over, first introduced to me by Bob Cattaneo in the early 70s, a nice tune then but didn't compare with The Dynamics on top Ten which he had for sale at the same time. Another piece of rare soul, that proves every great record will have it's day. We are now totally out of stock of this..sold 20 last year according to my data..

Like was mention earlier, if you see it grab it..wondrerful record.

PS I've only ever seen it pressed in vinyl..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert