Soulsource Record Club Your Choice For Autum 2014

dthedrug

This morning a storming tune to wake everyone up A Johnny Mathews /Mac Rice production

On Big Hit LEAH DAWSON

"YOUVE GOT TO CHANGE" a real piece of

Gritty northern imho

Clip on Okeh (my copy Big Hit)

Andy

You banged your head..........proper tune!!!

Big Hit copy over here too  :thumbsup: 

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Don't post on the record club very often, though I often 'lurk' - it's pretty much the best thing about SS.

This is a bit slow and shuffly for me, but it sneaked up on me from behind when I had the iPod on shuffle. I love it to bits...beautiful!

Quality post Stu.

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Been thinking about those 4 o'clock in the morning type tunes that keep the dancers on the floor & drag a few out there seats & back onto the floor even though they are knackered,so here's one that certainly fit that bill.

The Dramatics-All Because Of You Sport Records

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Don't post on the record club very often, though I often 'lurk' - it's pretty much the best thing about SS.

This is a bit slow and shuffly for me, but it sneaked up on me from behind when I had the iPod on shuffle. I love it to bits...beautiful!

Stu

I like tunes like this but my little legs don't work to them,they end up in a tangle & more often then not I nearly end up on my arse......so I don't bother  :lol:

Cheers

Martyn 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Well  I'm Going Back to Martyn's 4 A.M nighter spot think this may fit the bill

Patto

Brilliant tune,big nighter fave from a few years back.Can't believe what it goes for these days(£30+) as it was always a tenner.....certainly one the best tenners I've ever spent :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Patto

Brilliant tune,big nighter fave from a few years back.Can't believe what it goes for these days(£30+) as it was always a tenner.....certainly one the best tenners I've ever spent :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Cheers Martyn Agree all time fave for me also.The world of 4 am is fantastic :yes:   wish i could do it more often these days

Social source share

Looking at the wants posts on hear seems like everyone is after the Searling wigan playlist posted by Pete Smith yesterday.It is indeed a fantastic list of quality tunes and here is one from the list that i own and love

Patto

Tis indeed a playlist to die for & so many memories for me as around that time I was a massive Dickie S fan,along with many of the Hull crowd around that time.

Great oldie I'd forgotten about :thumbsup:

Here's the only one I've got on the list & a tune I associate more with Pat Brady more then RS........strange how the memory plays tricks?

Wilbur Walton Jr-Twenty Four Hours Of Loneliness 123

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Cheers Martyn Agree all time fave for me also.The world of 4 am is fantastic :yes:   wish i could do it more often these days

Patto

I think even if you don't do nighters anymore I think you can still have that "nighter mentality" & view music slightly differently.Not done many nighters this year & I really miss them,very different animal from soul night no matter how good they are..........can't wait for Lifeline in December.

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I may have played this previously but it's one which came into my mind earlier. Ann Nesby and the Sounds of Blackness - I'm Going All The Way.

Check out some of their albums - brilliant stuff.

"Don't you give up, don't you give up, don't you give in, keep on pushing................................."

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Hi Alan

Didn't know that!  :huh:

Peter

I used to play this when i dj'd in the nightclubs and bars in and around Leeds in the late 70's/80's I would hazard a guess that they got their name from that epic sci fi film Blade Runner? Another from around that period that i still enjoy Is Yo Yo Honey

Edited by DeeJay
Social source share

I'm still enjoying digging out tunes that used to do the trick at nighters for the dancers around 4am.

Not massive plays for this one but do remember Robbo giving plenty of plays at one time.Great example of an underplayed tune just right for reactivation?

The Four Shells- Reputation Volt

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Great choice Lawrence - samples Sam Fletcher and always works well when I play it out . There's also another version ,('I've been thinking') currently unreleased , owned , produced and played from an acetate by Jay Cee . Hopefully he'll give it a spin at the Manhattan next Sat. imo edges Lack of Afro with stronger vocals . https://m.soundcloud.com/jasonsaxo/ive-been-thinking

more info here (I'm on commission lol). https://therewasatimeproductions.bandcamp.com/track/ive-been-thinking
Social source share