Request To Sellers

Julianb

Regarding clips I don't agree most buyers on SS know the records, there's new buyers all the time and there's that much underplayed stuff etc even older members don't.

I've listened to lots of clips rather than go searching for them on you tube

I will certainly have a go at just putting you tube link if it's causing such a problem on mobiles etc.

There's no point in alienating potential buyers.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Regarding clips I don't agree most buyers on SS know the records, there's new buyers all the time and there's that much underplayed stuff etc even older members don't.

I've listened to lots of clips rather than go searching for them on you tube

I will certainly have a go at just putting you tube link if it's causing such a problem on mobiles etc.

There's no point in alienating potential buyers.

I'd sooner see just the link personally then I have a choice to view the clip or not and not.  It is no trouble clicking a link and opening a new page, it is often quicker than waiting for a page full of clips to load.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

What I've learned from this thread is that people actually believe their phones and tablets can be expected to handle as much as a desktop computer. They can not. There's a reason why desktops and laptops are still for sale, and it has nothing to do with the size of the keyboard :wink:

This goes double for iWhatevers as Apple has decided to stop supporting certain older technologies.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

What I've learned from this thread is that people actually believe their phones and tablets can be expected to handle as much as a desktop computer. They can not. There's a reason why desktops and laptops are still for sale, and it has nothing to do with the size of the keyboard :wink:

This goes double for iWhatevers as Apple has decided to stop supporting certain older technologies.

I don't think they do believe this do they?  They are simply highlighting a problem with videos embedded in posts when viewing on a tablet or phone, which a large percentage do these days.

As for apple, yes they stopped supporting flash and got behind HTML5 and rightly so as flash hogged so much of the device resources, now almost everyone has gone or going the way apple did. Even Adobe has or will be discontinuing development of flash technology for mobile devices as they know it isn't suitable.  

Social source share

Just a reminder.

Sellers take note of using clips rather than embedding. Any problems then contact me please.

Also if any members have trouble with reading ads due to YT embeds/clips. then please let me know.

I am keeping an eye on Sales and PM-ing posters to advise where clips are used

Thank you

ROD [Forum Moderator]

• Helpful 3
Social source share

I've given up on you tube embeds, as folk have said if it's an unknown, one or two is fine, I prefer to put scans up with description, you can open a tab and browse you tube, that's what I do...

My scans by the way are all web ready via photoshop, allready compressed giving you a scan about 600-800 PX across, some on here are putting scans up that are 3000 - 4000 PX across, that's as bad as you tube embeds imo....

Mal

Social source share

There are a couple of sellers whose lists I can't see every single time, and I do persevere but have to give up on. Randy and Sebk. I am in favour of hearing the actual records for sale, not you tube clips of someone else's, as there is a wide difference in grading especially when vg+Is used.

No one can know every record so it's useful for that too. 

Social source share

There are a couple of sellers whose lists I can't see every single time, and I do persevere but have to give up on. Randy and Sebk. I am in favour of hearing the actual records for sale, not you tube clips of someone else's, as there is a wide difference in grading especially when vg+Is used.

No one can know every record so it's useful for that too. 

Randy in his defence has taken note and just put links in his post, loaded straight away for me his latest.

Social source share

Just a reminder.

Sellers take note of using clips rather than embedding. Any problems then contact me please.

Also if any members have trouble with reading ads due to YT embeds/clips. then please let me know.

I am keeping an eye on Sales and PM-ing posters to advise where clips are used

Thank you

ROD [Forum Moderator]

Hurrah!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!