SOULSOURCE RECORD CLUB 2016, YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT?

dthedrug

2 hours ago, hullsoul said:

Neil

Pass me the rope.........it's not bad actually :D

Cheers

Martyn

Bloody 'ell ........shame Camille Bob passed away the other year .....he would have been well chuffed to know you approved:wicked:!!!!...If the lynch mob arrive  i'll pass on your regards to him :ohmy:!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Mick Sway said:

Very nice too, from whence does it hail myfriend ?

LP track by Little Bob and the Lollipops........in my opinion this version takes some lickin' :facepalm: !!!! Camille Bob was Little Bob's real name who did release quite a few singles.... He was from  Louisiana,Sadly he passed away in the last year. LP released on La Louisianne label recorded at 2823 Johnson St. in Lafayette. I'm sure that's more info than you needed  ......but i just wanted to piss Martyn Bird off by being more boring than he is !!! Some task i know ....but i pulled it off you'll agree !:boxing:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

18 minutes ago, Keeper said:

LP track by Little Bob and the Lollipops........in my opinion this version takes some lickin' :facepalm: !!!! Camille Bob was Little Bob's real name who did release quite a few singles.... He was from  Louisiana,Sadly he passed away in the last year. LP released on La Louisianne label recorded at 2823 Johnson St. in Lafayette. I'm sure that's more info than you needed  ......but i just wanted to piss Martyn Bird off by being more boring than he is !!! Some task i know ....but i pulled it off you'll agree !:boxing:

Neil

You passed the task with flying colours matey.........like always :sleep3::sleep3::wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 2
Social source share

2 hours ago, hullsoul said:

Sequined jumpsuit time :thumbup:Remember buying this as a new release,doesn't time fly when you're having fun :D

Archie Bell - Soul City Walk PIP

Apparently Mr. Byrd ....our paths were destined to cross !!!!! My first soul records were bought from a junk ...(.sorry Lee) ...... antique boutique in clitheroe when i was a 13 yr old kid ......no guidance or peers to listen to .....bought anything soul related ....(mainly LP's ).......but among the few 45s was this fine tune !!!!!!........It would therefore appear you've been following my lead ever since Martyn:ohmy::wicked:xx

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The story on this from me is found this album in a charity shop in Tunstall,Stoke-On-Trent for the grand sum of 50p ,US issued LP

Shared the track with a few friends around Stoke 

A friend borrowed my LP when he went on the now infamous Mary Fox show on Radio Stoke

Bloodstone - Just Wanna Get The Feel Of It - Motown / LP Don't Stop 

Enjoy :wink: 

Edited by Kev John
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

I jumped in and bought this after listening to the opening bars, unfortunately there are

a couple of weird breaks that when I listened to it through, put me off.

It might cost you £50-£70 from a dealer, however a search on Ebay should grab you one for under a tenner.

Although it sounds 70's to me it was released in 1969, the monica "crossover" , therefore nicely fits the groove:

The Deidre-Wilson Tabac "Angel Baby" RCA

Social source share

On 21/11/2016 at 12:19, Mick Sway said:

I jumped in and bought this after listening to the opening bars, unfortunately there are

a couple of weird breaks that when I listened to it through, put me off.

It might cost you £50-£70 from a dealer, however a search on Ebay should grab you one for under a tenner.

Although it sounds 70's to me it was released in 1969, the monica "crossover" , therefore nicely fits the groove:

The Deidre-Wilson Tabac "Angel Baby" RCA

Mick

One of those that is great in parts & bloody awful in others,vocals are all over the place...............it'd make a great inst :D

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Some call it Crossover, let's just call it Soul.

Slowing it down a bit, I absolutely love everything about this track, the production, song and singing all spot on,

Out of Chicagofrom 1975, September "I'll Go Crazy" Brunswick records (source record is not a great copy unfortunately):

• Helpful 3
Social source share

I've not visited this thread for a while but have spent several pleasant hours over the last couple of days catching up and heard some superb tunes. Couple that stood out - Lady Wray - Do It Again ( downloaded a copy for 79p ) and Queen Yahna - Aint It Time ( added to wants list ) . As has been said before, this thread is still a great resource for hearing a variety of new tunes.

I've not been buying much soul music lately but as I was in London last week visiting my daughter, I thought I'd pop in to Rough Trade and pick up a copy of this tune which I've been meaning to get for a while. Not really soul but a nice tune all the same. I also recently picked up GC Cameron's self titled album which includes Truly Blue which is a nice tune. There's scant detail about it on dftmc but I've got a feeling I read somewhere that it was recorded for a shelved Mowest album Seventh Son a few years before.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

8 hours ago, Andy Reynard said:

kings go forth

Your the one/ One Day

on Mr Cs

from me today a little faster than my usual 

posts but I expect Martyn may pick up on that 

Andy

Kin ell a stomper............you'll be getting thrown out the funeral pace brigade :lol:

Great dancer.

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

5 minutes ago, Kev John said:

Bit of a mid tempo R&B track from me today don't think its been posted before but i may be wrong !

Bet Martyn's got 1 :wicked:

Johnny Copeland -  Just One More Time - Golden Eagle 

Enjoy !!!

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Kev

I bet you he hasn't :(But he'd like one :thumbup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Kev,

there,s an answer record to this, Jannie Williams--I,ve been true.Check it out,

Clive.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

4 minutes ago, crogger said:

Kev,

there,s an answer record to this, Jannie Williams--I,ve been true.Check it out,

Clive.

Cheers mate will do

Atb Kev:hatsoff2:

Social source share

On 02/12/2016 at 18:01, gogger said:

another from gwen owens / i lost a good thing , can anyone keep up with this there days

Gogger

Played last night at Waggy's "do" in Donny & first time I've heard it out it ages & yes far too fast for my little legs these days.

Then we started discussing which is the rarer the Black or Green labelled ones.........yes anoraks.So if anyone knows can you let me know(mines black)?

Bought mine at Wigan along with Sharon Scott-Could It Be You RCA & an Outsiders on Capitol for eye watering sum of £5 :thumbup:

Cheers

Martyn 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, andybellwood said:

Todays offering from me - a cheapee and great 'un imho and a fraction of the cost of 'peace of mind ' , it's 'R&B time' and just as good dancer . Great to see it's getting played out as well . 

Andy

Tis a great dancer & possibly better then "Peace Of Mind" but I'm not specially rushing to a venue to hear it.............again?

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!