Show us your great photos (2020)

Amsterdam Russ

1 hour ago, Paddy Ferry said:

soul DSCN0440

soul DSCN0431

soul DSCN0429

Brilliant pictures Paddy. Very spooky that you have posted these Kestrel pictures because I have lived in this house about 17 years maybe,  and I have seen Buzzards,  Sparrowhawk.  Peregrine and even a Red Kite never a Kestrel until today.  Will post the pictures later.  

Steve 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 17/04/2020 at 10:59, Veedub said:

Heres some pics from several years back. Sarahs old VW was used in a few small scenes in the Northern Soul film and we did a drive by in one scene past the graffitti. The two days we were there for filming in Bury were a great experience . I went back round the streets the next day in the car to snap the graffitti as the work men were washing it off, Just managed to capture it all before it was gone forever 

soul 1a (2)

soul 2a

soul 3

soul 3b

soul 4

I,ve just realised where this photograph was taken in Bury. just before the lockdown i went for a interview at the factory that,s behind the security fence on the right hand side. They,re the worlds largest manufacturer of car airbag materials. The strange world of northern soul

Steve

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Have you ever seen a Yellowhammer Steve? I remember my dad telling me that they sang about butter and cheese.  Not literally ..not like "I fell in love with Red Leicester, she melted my heart of Lurpak  🎶.   🙄

Social source share

17 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Have you ever seen a Yellowhammer Steve? I remember my dad telling me that they sang about butter and cheese.  Not literally ..not like "I fell in love with Red Leicester, she melted my heart of Lurpak  🎶.   🙄

Yes love. The yellowhammer  song is a little bit of bread and no cheese.  Will dig out my picture as a request for you. Do you think it will catch on........... Photography request spot . X

Steve 

Social source share

1 minute ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Wow! It really does say "cheese"! Great photo too! I'd love to see one of those in real life. Thanks 👍🏼🤗.

I,m guessing there would be some near you, when you next go for your canal walk have a listen,they prefer telegraph wires , tops of bushes etc to sing from. it,s quite a high pitched song but as Russell has posted it you will have heard it by now.

Social source share

2 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

I,m guessing there would be some near you, when you next go for your canal walk have a listen,they prefer telegraph wires , tops of bushes etc to sing from. it,s quite a high pitched song but as Russell has posted it you will have heard it by now.

I'll still listen and keep my eyes peeled! 👍🏼

Social source share

10 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

On the subject of birdsong...

There's a wood pigeon around us somewhere that coos "That ol' man river". Noticed it last year and have heard a number of times again when sat on the balcony these last couple of weeks.

Russell.  Does it sing it in pigeon🕊 English and was it released on the swan label 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

8 hours ago, Veedub said:

Heres one I took many years ago of Brightons West Pier  whilst there was still a lot of it left . .

soul IMG_0107 2

That's definitely a competition winner! Absolutely brilliant photo!👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Social source share

16 hours ago, Flamingemeralds said:

That's brilliant Steve! 👍🏼

Very poignant!

My son posted it on Whatsap so I had to share it with the class.

Social source share

2 hours ago, Steve Lane said:

Very poignant!

My son posted it on Whatsap so I had to share it with the class.

Yes, it's like "show and tell"! 😂 Marvellous! I saw this garage door this morning.1080645903_IMG_20200424_0817171892.thumb.jpg.b4b17ca95c3d3e70230dfaa6b40a8634.jpg

Social source share

5 minutes ago, Widnes63 said:

Andy, Tattoo Dave will have the answer to that, he will know what they are.

Ste. :thumbsup:

That's right, I will have, they are Spanish bluebell hybrids, a real menace as they breed with the native ones and they reproduce faster, nice enough in a garden if you have to have them, but should be banished to the Iberian peninsula.  Unlike me!!

• Up vote 3
Social source share