Tempests

Guest ruffsounds

Guest ruffsounds

Tempests (Someday)

Just wondering what dj's are playing this on as i know the only legal 7 inch version is on a Stardust label being it is an album track only, do they play it on Stardust or vinyl carvers or some other form or do they all own a copy of the album ????

cheers Ruffsounds

Social source share

• Replies 42
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yep i play it off the Original LP, played 'I dont want to lose her' at the last Belfast Soul Club and it sounded soooooooo good blasting out really loud...dont agree with Lp only stuff being played off Stardust etc.

I don't mind though if a track was never issued for someone to get it cut on vinyl...

Favourite Lp track for me at the minute is : James Conwell - Indian Giver :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Leigh J

Tempests (Someday)

Just wondering what dj's are playing this on as i know the only legal 7 inch version is on a Stardust label being it is an album track only, do they play it on Stardust or vinyl carvers or some other form or do they all own a copy of the album ????

cheers Ruffsounds

When Guy Had This Covered Up As Bobby Paris He Played It On An Emi , Also 'I Just Dont Want To Lose Her ' From The Same Album Covered Up As Lou Pride , Everyone One Was Looking For 45's Not An Album .

On The Rare Occasion I dj'd I Used The lp , But I Picked Up An Emi With Lee Mcinney & The Magnetics On The Other Side , Anyone Seen Another ?

Social source share

I always play it straight off the album.

I also play the preceeding two tracks "Ain't That Enough" and "I Cried For You". Now, which one will it be tonight? :search: .....hmmmm.....

I cried for you, the pick of those two Gene imo - Hazel in his element. yes.gif

Social source share

I Cried for You - tempests - smash

14837 refosoul

Think "Would you believe" album was also released on another label as well as Smash? Can someone jog me memory!

Philips........German and Dutch.

Social source share

Spookily not seen her on this board before until this morning. But Dawn Brown has been known to spin this superb track off the album at Scenesville in the past.

Are you referring to Bridget being seen before? Cause she's a regular on SS but is not a Dj. I'm her husband and I'm the dj. you can check her out on her blog if you want :D

Social source share

Spookily not seen her on this board before until this morning. But Dawn Brown has been known to spin this superb track off the album at Scenesville in the past.

BIG BIG apologies...sorry didn't realise that you had to have a formal interview and be accepted onto each section of the site before you could pass a very small comment :thumbsup:

Sharon

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I think Ian was referring to Dawn Brown, not Bridget.

He probably hasnt seen your post. He's very busy keeping those naughty Freebasers in check.

Social source share

i'm not all that well up with the new sounds postings but six months+ ago i posted up the whole album which i presume is on here somewhere on a previous tempests thread. awesome voice, great brass :thumbsup:

Social source share

i'm not all that well up with the new sounds postings but six months+ ago i posted up the whole album which i presume is on here somewhere on a previous tempests thread. awesome voice, great brass :thumbsup:

Think that was on Soulgirl previous account. Not sure if still exists.

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Has anyone ever played the "spot the lead singer" game with this album.

It's a bit like where's Wally but a tad easier......

Social source share

Tell me this is not right, £40 seems expensive to me but in todays market sort of acceptable, you used to see this everywhere.

A stereo copy sold about a week ago on eBay for about £75:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260084167726

Stereo copies have been selling for £50-£80 for quite some time now.

Mono copies are more desirable and has at times sold for £100+ on eBay.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

LP also released on Polydor I think - it's deffo rare (think Roger has one)

Also heard once that there was a connection with The Appreciations "Better to Cry" - that it was recorded in North Carolina and featured the Tempests ????

Sounds a bit bizarre but just take a listen to both groups and you can see where the story comes from !

Social source share

LP also released on Polydor I think - it's deffo rare (think Roger has one)

Also heard once that there was a connection with The Appreciations "Better to Cry" - that it was recorded in North Carolina and featured the Tempests ????

Sounds a bit bizarre but just take a listen to both groups and you can see where the story comes from !

Bingo ! - I've just found an old thread on the Tempests and low and behold , the Detroit connection is confirmed by Tony Smith (so it must be right !) .

I remembered it was Ian Cunliffe who told me this story and we all thought it was shite at the time .

Ian sold his copy a while back I think.

Social source share

[quote name='Simsy' date='Feb 16 2007, 05:51 PM' post='438596'

Album was forty quid for donkeys. Nearer a hundred these days I think?

Tell me this is not right, £40 seems expensive to me but in todays market sort of acceptable, you used to see this everywhere.

Oh well like the Bettye Swann Money LP have to put it in the nice to have but not paying the price bracket!!!

If anyone comes to their senses and has either LP's for sensible price (remember price crash just around the corner :thumbsup: ) let me know!!

Cheers

Jock

Hi Jock,

We have a stereo copy EX condition, £70 if interested. Recently sold one for nearer £100!!

Cheers, Alan

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert