Woolie2003

• Replies 39
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I caqn tell you what it looks like if thats any good - it's olive and the clock logo is square, unlike that gold repress which people try to pass of as the original

Mr Manship has it the other way round Pete....that's gold with red lettering.......not that I'm trying to cause trouble or anything whistling.gif

Edited by DelTee
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Mr Manship has it the other way round Pete....that's gold with red lettering.......not that I'm trying to cause trouble or anything whistling.gif

Pete is right. The original is olive. Defo

Social source share

I caqn tell you what it looks like if thats any good - it's olive and the clock logo is square, unlike that gold repress which people try to pass of as the original

Hi

I've scanned my copies of SC105 & SC109 both are Promotional and both are Stamped

The Cuckoo Clock Design is the first press but is very rare.

The Whispers which has the same backing track, also has "Remember Me" whereas some have "Remember".

Times A Wasting - The Fuller Brothers - Soul Clock -

8130 refosoul Soul_Clock_SC-105a_DJ.jpgSoul_Clock_SC-109a_DJ.jpgJoJo_2201a.jpg

The Promatics on Jo Jo also used the same backing track

>>> Link <<< to previous post about this record. (October 10 2006)

I hope this helps

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

The gold label with the round clock is a second issue, simple as that.

So what about the gold label with hexagonal clock in a square, as depicted in 45cellar's scan.....a first pressing or second issue, Pete?

Social source share

I dunno. Never seen one like that.

Cheers Pete, got mine about 35 years ago....always thought it was a first issue, but never really known wether this or the green was the first or second pressing of the issue.

Social source share

Cheers Pete, got mine about 35 years ago....always thought it was a first issue, but never really known wether this or the green was the first or second pressing of the issue.

Was never under the impression that any of the square/hexagonal ones were reissues, what I meant eas that the gold one with the round clock design, they appeared en masse in 1976 and people have been selling them as originals

Social source share

Hi

I've scanned my copies of SC105 & SC109 both are Promotional and both are Stamped

The Cuckoo Clock Design is the first press but is very rare.

The Whispers which has the same backing track, also has "Remember Me" whereas some have "Remember".

8130 refosoul Soul_Clock_SC-105a_DJ.jpgSoul_Clock_SC-109a_DJ.jpgJoJo_2201a.jpg

The Promatics on Jo Jo also used the same backing track

>>> Link <<< to previous post about this record. (October 10 2006)

I hope this helps

There's one on Chess as well...

Social source share

So what about the gold label with hexagonal clock in a square, as depicted in 45cellar's scan.....a first pressing or second issue, Pete?

If you mean the one on the left (cucoo clock),I was led to belive that that was the 1st issue & the other two came later.........It bloody better be ,or it will be following my Jersey City Superlatives to the landfill ! angry.gif

Social source share

If you mean the one on the left (cucoo clock),I was led to belive that that was the 1st issue & the other two came later.........It bloody better be ,or it will be following my Jersey City Superlatives to the landfill ! :wicked:

:shades: ......don't think you'll be going to the landfill thumbsup.gif

Edited by DelTee
Social source share

Moaning, Groaning, And Crying - fuller brothers - soul clock

15277 refosoul

Phew..... sweatingbullets.gif

Hi Martyn

8130 refosoul Soul_Clock_SC-105a_DJ.jpg

Don't worry, It is the first release. >>> Link <<<

Moaning, Groaning, And Crying - Brilliant, nice on Keymen if you can find one. :wicked:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest mel brat

I dunno. Never seen one like that.

The 'metallic gold label on styrene' IS original, as I've had both versions in the past. I think they were simply done at different pressing plants. I wasn't aware that the record HAD been bootlegged (but a lot could have happened since 1972!)

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

I'm totally confusiated with this - I pulled a bunch of soul clock stuff off the shelves today and am not

sure what's real and what's not.

I certainly remember the round clock design of Times a Wasting being available in the pressing outlets in theearly 70's and always presumed that was a boot, however the one I've scanned below has machine pressed F2724 and a "H" on the oppo side in the deadwax - that's exactly the same stamping on the the gold one with the rectangular clock. This is SC 105. Both of these indicate they are distributed thro Fantasy - hence the "F" pre-fix.

Let's look at SC 106 - scan of 2 demos one white and one gold. The gold one is SC106DJ and has F2729 machine stamped and the white one has F2729 etched and an R stamped on the oppo side.

There's also a completely different design on Stranger at my Door by the Fuller Bros.

So are these two copies of Times a wasting boots or legitimate re-issues or what ????

:unsure:

The 'metallic gold label on styrene' IS original, as I've had both versions in the past. I think they were simply done at different pressing plants. I wasn't aware that the record HAD been bootlegged (but a lot could have happened since 1972!)

post-1703-1172859809_thumb.jpg

post-1703-1172859832_thumb.jpg

post-1703-1172859856_thumb.jpg

post-1703-1172859878_thumb.jpg

post-1703-1172859896_thumb.jpg

Social source share

I'm totally confusiated with this - I pulled a bunch of soul clock stuff off the shelves today and am not

sure what's real and what's not.

I certainly remember the round clock design of Times a Wasting being available in the pressing outlets in theearly 70's and always presumed that was a boot, however the one I've scanned below has machine pressed F2724 and a "H" on the oppo side in the deadwax - that's exactly the same stamping on the the gold one with the rectangular clock. This is SC 105. Both of these indicate they are distributed thro Fantasy - hence the "F" pre-fix.

Let's look at SC 106 - scan of 2 demos one white and one gold. The gold one is SC106DJ and has F2729 machine stamped and the white one has F2729 etched and an R stamped on the oppo side.

There's also a completely different design on Stranger at my Door by the Fuller Bros.

So are these two copies of Times a wasting boots or legitimate re-issues or what ????

:unsure:

Hi

Just seen this, and have got to go out so, I will describe matrix Information on my copy later, to compare.

As I said, I got my copy from Soul Bowl in the 70's and have no reason to question It.

8130 refosoul Soul_Clock_SC-105a_DJ.jpg-----post-1703-1172859809_thumb.jpg

Looking at "The Whispers" "Remember" or "Remember Me" it would appear that different pressing plants were used,

as is the case with a lot of other records. Styrene & Vinyl records released at the same time, and still original in their own right :ohmy:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

... Now I've always thought these were right and first issues! unsure.gif

They on vinyl and Fuller Bros has F-2724 stamped in run out, and Whispers F-2753

seems logical to me.

steve

post-2142-1172867431_thumb.jpg-post-2142-1172867490_thumb.jpg

Hi

I have given the details of these two, I do have the two above versions, I will check the Deadwax on those in due course,

I am almost certain they are Vinyl Stamped the same as yours. :yes:

Soul_Clock_SC-109a_DJ.jpg

Vinyl - Matrix Stamped @ 6 O'clock "F - 2 7 5 3 - 1"

--------------wi---@ 3 O'Clock "1V"

--------------wi---@12 O'Clock "1"

Soul_Clock_SC-105a_DJ.jpg

Vinyl - Matrix Stamped @ 6 O'clock "F - 2 7 2 4"

----------------w-@ 1 O'Clock "H"

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Hi

I have given the details of these two, I do have the two above versions, I will check the Deadwax on those in due course,

I am almost certain they are Vinyl Stamped the same as yours. shades.gif

Soul_Clock_SC-109a_DJ.jpg

Vinyl - Matrix Stamped @ 6 O'clock "F - 2 7 5 3 - 1"

--------------wi---@ 3 O'Clock "1V"

--------------wi---@12 O'Clock "1"

Vinyl - Matrix Stamped @ 6 O'clock "F - 2 7 2 4"

----------------w-@ 1 O'Clock "H"

Concur with matrix stamps for Fuller Bros, but Whispers I got @6 O'clock "F-2753", and @12 O'clock "H" nowt else mate

steve

Social source share

Concur with matrix stamps for Fuller Bros, but Whispers I got @6 O'clock "F-2753", and @12 O'clock "H" nowt else mate

steve

Hi

Thanks for that, looks like they were mastered from the same source, Just different variations.

Had a bit of a move around at home, and trying to get records back into Alphabetical Order again.

Hence I can't get to everything at the moment. shades.gif

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

re Whispers........."Flying High" SC107 came out on both Olive and Gold .... flip of "Remember me" ......"what will i do" also came out as a double sided DJ.....

Hi

Thanks, it seems that the Soul Clock label has more variations than most, using different pressing plants etc throughout the numbers :thumbsup:

Social source share

Just to add to the confusion:

From the 3rd edition of John Manship's bootleg guide:

"Original was released on California label Soul Clock. The first release has a Gold label with Red lettering. The more common 2nd press (to meet demand) was on the regular green design label. Both are the originals the Gold label one being the rarer of the two. The Demand label was a UK pressed bootleg. "

From his web site:

This :

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/d/52572/FULLER+BROTHERS

describes this copy:

(which I have a copy of)

I assume this is the green label one described by John as a second release, but original.

I presume Pete is saying that a Gold and red version of this label design would be a snide. (Pete?)

Whereas this:

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/d/52570/FULLER+BROTHERS

describes this copy:

Which I presume is the first release described by John.

Edited by paultp
Social source share

Just to add to the confusion:

From the 3rd edition of John Manship's bootleg guide:

"Original was released on California label Soul Clock. The first release has a Gold label with Red lettering. The more common 2nd press (to meet demand) was on the regular green design label. Both are the originals the Gold label one being the rarer of the two. The Demand label was a UK pressed bootleg. "

From his web site:

This :

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/d/52572/FULLER+BROTHERS

describes this copy:

(which I have a copy of)

I assume this is the green label one described by John as a second release, but original.

I presume Pete is saying that a Gold and red version of this label design would be a snide. (Pete?)

Whereas this:

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/d/52570/FULLER+BROTHERS

describes this copy:

Which I presume is the first release described by John.

Hi Paul

Thanks for the Links, It's good to compare from different sources,

John stated the other week that the Bootleg guide was out of date.

I believe that he is going to have an online price guide, hopefully he will have an online Bootleg Guide.

As is the case here, not everything is a Bootleg,

and with America being such a vast place, so many different pressing plants were used at the time,

little wonder that all these years later there is some confusion.

The only BOOT being the DEMAND label, which, whatever the argument about BOOTS, you know what you are buying. :thumbsup:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Ok, This has the matrix stamps F- etc and an H. It is Vinyl. I have never seen one like this on Styrene. Bought from a proper source years ago. But defo first issue. If you look at the picture the label is very dark compared to the second issues. Under good light the label is like a metallic finish rather than the plain beige colour of the others.

Dunc

Social source share

Ok, This has the matrix stamps F- etc and an H. It is Vinyl. I have never seen one like this on Styrene. Bought from a proper source years ago. But defo first issue. If you look at the picture the label is very dark compared to the second issues. Under good light the label is like a metallic finish rather than the plain beige colour of the others.

Dunc

Hi Dunc

I hadn't seen one like this before,

I assumed that ALL would have the same paper as my copy.

maybe my copy has different paper due to It being a DEMO.

All of our Matrix Stamps Check Out OK. :D

Social source share

From what I have seen the matrix marks are the same on the first press to the second. It is all down to the colour of the label. The dark metallic one is the first, the lighter beige ones with the round clock are 2nd issues, but still retaining the same matrix marks.

I will also add that I cannot remember seeing either on Styrene, but no doubt someone will put me right.

Dunc

Social source share

The flipside, "Moaning, Groaning And Crying", is superb. :D I personally can't stand "Time's A Wasting". It has got the "right" ingredients and SHOULD be good, but it just annoys me for some strange reason.

Originally released by Earskin Fuller on Alamo as "Moaning". I've not heard it so I can't say what it's like

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert