Anderson Brothers another EvilBay auction OG scam ?

Tlscapital
Go to solution Solved by Psamsara,

17 hours ago, Soul Salad said:

But there's another identical BIN one on there for £55 or so (says 1970s issue)? - buyer therefore must be convinced he/she got themselves a bargain original

Yes but I mean I would put it up for sale 'highlighting' on this previously auctioned copy clearly stating that the last '$460 won' copy description was erroneously misleading as an original but it's only a 1976 styrene reissue.

But it's rather hopeless and maybe even infringing the eVilBay seller's guidelines to discredit other's sellers to begin with. And indirectly incriminating the EvilBay 'blind eye' on the matter after so many motivated reports...

Social source share

Hi All 

I never did recieve a reply from ebay to my many compliants. However when I checked my 'Watch List, Ended Items' It now says: 

Item ID 375118161070 is no longer available.

Hopefuly ebay stepped in and told the twat to withdraw it, or even deleted it for him?

If it appears on here again then we all ought to throw huge bids at, we could make the highest priced record ever NOT sold on ebay, I'm in for £50,000 for starters, anyone who dares to outbid me and I will increase by £10,000 increments.

Merry Christmas and a Soulful New Year 

Paul

Social source share

8 minutes ago, Okehdownsouth said:

Hi All 

I never did recieve a reply from ebay to my many compliants. However when I checked my 'Watch List, Ended Items' It now says: 

Hopefuly ebay stepped in and told the twat to withdraw it, or even deleted it for him?

If it appears on here again then we all ought to throw huge bids at, we could make the highest priced record ever NOT sold on ebay, I'm in for £50,000 for starters, anyone who dares to outbid me and I will increase by £10,000 increments.

Paul

Got this in my e-mails. But it doesn't mention anything about the commercial transaction or about the buyer's warning or sanction if ever...

Capturedcran2023-12-2316_33_38.thumb.png.658246206c378d13fa08fd68b8659867.png

Social source share

20 minutes ago, Okehdownsouth said:

Hi All 

Paul

9 minutes ago, Tlscapital said:

Got this in my e-mails. But it doesn't mention anything about the commercial transaction or about the buyer's warning or sanction if ever...

Capturedcran2023-12-2316_33_38.thumb.png.658246206c378d13fa08fd68b8659867.png

Social source share

3 minutes ago, Psamsara said:

Same story....   as usual.

Btw, in my correspondance with him he even mentioned that he saw the topic i've opened, so he's probably reading this as well.

Good for him. It can be a very informative source to one and all. But if he read it the first time why did he repeat the same thing a second time... 🤔

Bootlegs, look-a-likes and what have you fooling OVO rule for that reason too. The only plastic involved with OVO is the grooved one. Not the people.

Social source share

7 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

What a prick. We don't see nothing wrong... Proof... Playing smart, than stupid-O trying to fool the interlocutor.

He clearly deserves some backdraft of his own. 

He might be a prick. But he's right on one thing. Your bid is binding. He could even sue you.

Social source share

7 hours ago, Benji said:

He might be a prick. But he's right on one thing. Your bid is binding. He could even sue you.

You're absolutely right there but it's not my bid here (not even my idea) but indeed any bid is binding (unless withdrawn in time) but the seller's description is also binding to what the customer will effectively receive.

If one bids £5.000 thinking that he / she might just get away with it's too short I agree. He / she will have to honor the payment, receive the item then start to contact the seller to find an 'gentlemen's' agreement if ever.

If none is find then he / she will be eligible to open a claim case hoping that the small hands (heads) stupid-O agents treating these claims 'item not fitting the description' will give him / her the green light fir a full refund.

This is where the eVilBay and partner in crime PayPool bad policing lately and poorer treatments in such claims on such matters is clearly leaving too many breaches for such vicious crooks malpractices to operate shamelessly. 

Edited by Tlscapital
Social source share

If the spoof bids do backfire then the only thing that we can do is save his details and next time he puts up a load of fakes, we start the compliants again. Hopefully if ebay get enough they will close his acount. I did get one closed just over a year ago. I messaged UK a seller that was selling a loads of counterfiet copies of tunes in the £100-£500 price range and asked him why he was not descirbing them as repro's or reissues and he got really abusive and threatened me, so ebay banned him. Hopefully our little freako friend in Germany will eventually get that way and ebay will do something.

Keep up the good work ladies and gents and lets try to put an end to these scammers.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

One of the major sellers' of major big ticket items for years - just look at this current listing - Chris Carnahan has been a reputable seller for decades - pre internet as well. Along with Carolina soul and others a bellweather for proper sounds and always 1st class service. None of the Global Shipping robbery.  I've bought loads over the years. I can't imagine him not doing due process.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

4 hours ago, Okehdownsouth said:

I know, I was hoping that the bidding would stay in the mid 2000's and I might have been tempted, but at £4k I think that it s a bit over the top considering the condition, and I am a bit of an obsessive when it come to condition.

Went for almost £7000.........wow!

Two great sides

Edited by Tobytyke
Spelling
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Probablly THE best double sider ever!

Just proves how strange auctions can be. The last one I saw for sale was with Manship, it was EX verging on M- and went for £3k. I missed the bloody aution otherwise I would have gone for it because I had a stack of cash from a few that John had sold for me the previous month. Never mind, if I wait long enough another is bund to turn up.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!