3 posts below split off from dance class topic

• Replies 14
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

37 minutes ago, Kathryn Magson said:

It gets worse - even Lucozade's cashing in on it now! 😢

Yes Kathryn and with that sort of money incentive too that's on offer we know there is bound to be a big take up from willing participants and unfortunately other advertisers will see a Big Name Like Lucozade   using the popularity within the Media that has now latched on to the Northern Soul Dancing Popularity (Once Again) wanting to have their four Pennies worth Too, So Northern Soul Once Again the Victim of its own success.   

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Another nail in the coffin perhaps , but, if it's any consolation - the real mod scene still survives in one form or another despite decades of being pastiched, insulted & misrepresented.

The only concern to me is those who are easily persuaded that an image shown on TV (or even worse social media) is genuine and start popping up at proper events only to be disappointed (or even worse trying to change what we have into what they think it should be!)

Edited by Timbo58
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

9 minutes ago, Timbo58 said:

Another nail in the coffin perhaps , but, if it's any consolation - the real mod scene still survives in one form or another despite decades of being pastiched, insulted & misrepresented.

The only concern to me is those who are easily persuaded that an image shown on TV (or even worse social media) is genuine and start popping up at proper events only to be disappointed (or even worse trying to change what we have into what they think it should be!)

12 years ago there was this

• Up vote 3
Social source share

57 minutes ago, Timbo58 said:

I think that ship sailed many moons ago.

Dave 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Wait While The Talcum Powder Company's Get Wind Of It.

"Not Just For Your Lovely Botty!"  But but Spread on the Dance Floor and Glide with The In Crowd,

And For a Ltd Time Only Comes it With A FREE Beer Towel,  Not just to Hang Off Your Baggies but Keep Your

Brogues Nice and Shiny.   ( Accompanied  by People dancing to Out On The Floor Of Course)  

Social source share

17 minutes ago, Rick Scott said:

Wait While The Talcum Powder Company's Get Wind Of It.

"Not Just For Your Lovely Botty!"  But but Spread on the Dance Floor and Glide with The In Crowd,

And For a Ltd Time Only Comes it With A FREE Beer Towel,  Not just to Hang Off Your Baggies but Keep Your

Brogues Nice and Shiny.   ( Accompanied  by People dancing to Out On The Floor Of Course)  

there's been stacks of northern related adverts over the years in the mainstream

you haven't seen them?

asking as don't really get why you felt a need to post up these (have to say) low quality jokes 

what am I missing here?

Social source share

1 hour ago, Rick Scott said:

Sorry Mike

And apologies if any members were offended by my Talc Post.

no one saying it was offensive, just come over to me as a low/poor quality post

not really wanted or needed on here hence my comments

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert