Track identification

Go to solution Solved by The Tempest,

I would really love to know the identity of these two northern soul tracks. Sadly the sound is rather distorted but i do hope someone may be able to recognise them.

The first is on this link at  22.05

The second is at 6.15       

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Delighted to get the Sharon McCMann track identified - many thanks - I fear I may have slightly got the numbering wrong on the second track - it is the one that follows Jean Carter's 'I wanna know' - it has a chorus of 'your friends and my friends are trying to keep us apart (or something similar!)

Social source share

On 09/02/2024 at 17:00, Jumpinjoan said:

Mighty Lovers cover up

Yes, i think its c/up title is " They Are Saying "...Mark has been playing it for a good many years now, as with Jean Carter as well.....big 100 club tunes even when i went there, early 2000.

On 09/02/2024 at 15:53, Mal C said:

I thought the Second is Butch's Jean Carter - I Wanna Know cover up, so I assume this is Butch Djing...

Mal...it is Jean Carter.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Agentsmith said:

Yes, i think its c/up title is " They Are Saying "...Mark has been playing it for a good many years now, as with Jean Carter as well.....big 100 club tunes even when i went there, early 2000.

Mal...it is Jean Carter.

Decca acetate.

Referred to the Lea Manor ' last All nighter ' playlist i compiled...Butch featured it there.

Social source share

23 hours ago, Agentsmith said:

Mal...it is Jean Carter.

Clara Hardy And The Magictones is the first one, B4 Jean carter, now we are talkin 🙂 these are great to watch, thanks for posting

Social source share

1 hour ago, Mal C said:

Clara Hardy And The Magictones is the first one, B4 Jean carter, now we are talkin 🙂 these are great to watch, thanks for posting

Mal, the Clara Hardy...is that " youre after my guy "....havent had chance to watch the footage yet so, i presume you mean that tune?

Social source share

It was a Shifty discovery, it's an untitled acetate, but know as either ‘If I Ever Love Anyone It's You' or more commonly 'It's You'... was played at a really great time, stuff like Mayfield Singers was getting played, my favorite time on the soul scene in the late 9ts...

Social source share

6 minutes ago, Mal C said:

It was a Shifty discovery, it's an untitled acetate, but know as either ‘If I Ever Love Anyone It's You' or more commonly 'It's You'... was played at a really great time, stuff like Mayfield Singers was getting played, my favorite time on the soul scene...

80's or 90's Mal?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

25 minutes ago, Ted Massey said:

Mighty Lovers cover up the greatest record ever 

A pretty astute observation i reckon, Ted, given that Mark has probably had more aces up his sleeve than anyone else for as long as can be remembered, and when he has pulled one or two out, theyve been instantly breathtaking.....witnessed a few at Orwell reunion a couple of years ago, 60's as well....me n Baz jaw dropping like, wtf was that!!😲 but, Mighty Lovers is just a mind blowing tune for sure👍

Social source share

12 hours ago, Ted Massey said:

Mighty Lovers cover up the greatest record ever 

what does Butch play it as,   The Mighty Lovers - the title is?

if you listen to the lyrics there about half a dozen lines that would be a plausible title.  If and when it's true identity is discovered it will be by accident or Butch get a visit from the Spanish Inquisition and is subjected to 'the comfy chair'

Edited by Simon T
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert