FREDDIE CHAVEZ. RIP

9 hours ago, Frankie Crocker said:

You could flip it over and play Baby I’m Sorry...this is a superb sound, a great dancer and overlooked by most.

Or his other Look releases AKA Dave Newman 'can't take a no for an answer' (instead of the 'make up your mind' side that for some reason doesn't attract less adventurous dee-jays) or the Chekkers 'please don't go' on the down tempo soul moaner side of things that is also brilliant IMO. Especially for a farewell testimony +

• Up vote 1
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

Or his other Look releases AKA Dave Newman 'can't take a no for an answer' (instead of the 'make up your mind' side that for some reason doesn't attract less adventurous dee-jays) or the Chekkers 'please don't go' on the down tempo soul moaner side of things that is also brilliant IMO. Especially for a farewell testimony +

Make Up Your Mind is a brilliant track. Very catchy, classic beat, great dancer and overlooked by many.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Tlscapital said:

That I got but which 'look-alikes' ? The white promos ? But aren't these styrene ? So unmistaken for what I thought to be confusing lookalikes...

Yes, the white promos. Not sure about styrene or vinyl  but they do look very convincing 

Social source share

Very sad news. Another great artist gone. 

Love and prayers to his family and friends..

I have always loved baby I'm sorry possibly more than I'll never know why. But 2 great songs of which I am thankful for. 

I have often wondered if he sang on thee checkers lack of love as it is a similar voice?? 

Rip Freddie, and show those angels how a soul record should be sang...

Social source share

14 minutes ago, Greedy Mick said:

Very sad news. Another great artist gone. 

Love and prayers to his family and friends..

I have always loved baby I'm sorry possibly more than I'll never know why. But 2 great songs of which I am thankful for. 

I have often wondered if he sang on thee checkers lack of love as it is a similar voice?? 

Rip Freddie, and show those angels how a soul record should be sang...

He didn’t but Dave Newman, born David Nunez did.  

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!