Shipping From The Us To The Uk Now Sucks

Guest Kevin J

Guest Kevin J

used to be that shipping a record global priority to the UK cost $8.50 flat. now, if you wanna ship priority to the UK ... $21.00. that is just out of control.

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

used to be that shipping a record global priority to the UK cost $8.50 flat. now, if you wanna ship priority to the UK ... $21.00. that is just out of control.

Global Priority was $9.50, not $8.50. you can still do air letter, though, but now it's called first class international. I did an auction on ebay and charged the $9.50 (since they had changed the parcel rate and I didn't realize that I could do air letter for a couple bucks less), I got a few angry emails from people even though I was charging cost and losing money with the paypal fees on shipping.

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

Global Priority was $9.50, not $8.50. you can still do air letter, though, but now it's called first class international. I did an auction on ebay and charged the $9.50 (since they had changed the parcel rate and I didn't realize that I could do air letter for a couple bucks less), I got a few angry emails from people even though I was charging cost and losing money with the paypal fees on shipping.

youre right, it was 9.50.

whats the delivery time for First Class International?

Social source share

Was 9.50

Now..11.00

You're not choosing the most cost effective shipping.

You can also send First Class International up to 1lb

or

Priority Mail International.

The USPS have now limited your International shipping options to 5 whereas there used to be 11.

Still a hike granted, but you need to sort through the quagmire of USPS literature to find the best shipping costs.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

PS. Some destinations have actually dropped in price! Wonder how long before they work that one out though!

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

Was 9.50

Now..11.00

You're not choosing the most cost effective shipping.

You can also send First Class International up to 1lb

or

Priority Mail International.

The USPS have now limited your International shipping options to 5 whereas there used to be 11.

Still a hike granted, but you need to sort through the quagmire of USPS literature to find the best shipping costs.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

PS. Some destinations have actually dropped in price! Wonder how long before they work that one out though!

yeh, Priority Mail International was the option that worked out to be $21. Of course, they didnt bother telling me at the post-office about First Class International, which is the $11 option.

Social source share

I assume you'll not be complaining about the exchange rate being out of control making it worthwhile buying from the U.S. in the first place though? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Social source share

Sorry... but i can honestly say that i've never recieved a record within 7 days.

Yep,

That sounds about right. The USPS quote is 3-6 and 4-7. I have some that arrive within those timeframes, but not many.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

Social source share

Took 3 months from buying to playing on my deck,twas the Accents ANYTIME ! honest now.

The seller put the actual book value on the export sticker,customs wanted some extortionate amount and on advice I refused delivery,this arrived back in the U.S or was it Canada,can't remember,about 10 weeks later,anyway he said the parcel had no more room for another sticker as it had been everywhere,and was pretty bashed up and he had to re pack completely to send on to me ,God that was one long laxative. :thumbsup:

Social source share

HI,

IVE JUST GOT ONE FROM JAPAN IN THREE DAYS,

POSTED TUESDAY ARRIVED TODAY,

WHEN I BUY FROM MOTORCITYMUSIC IN THE US ITEMS ALWAYS ARRIVE IN LESS THAN A WEEK, AND HE'S GOT A FULL LIST OF POSTAGE PRICES FOR 1 OR MORE 45s, I THINK HE'S ONE OF THE BEST ON EBAY FOR FAIR DEALING, JOE.

Social source share

Guest Hector Rivera

HI,

IVE JUST GOT ONE FROM JAPAN IN THREE DAYS,

POSTED TUESDAY ARRIVED TODAY,

WHEN I BUY FROM MOTORCITYMUSIC IN THE US ITEMS ALWAYS ARRIVE IN LESS THAN A WEEK, AND HE'S GOT A FULL LIST OF POSTAGE PRICES FOR 1 OR MORE 45s, I THINK HE'S ONE OF THE BEST ON EBAY FOR FAIR DEALING, JOE.

Um, He's a she ..... :yes::shades:

Social source share

I buy quite often from a shop in new York and they are always reliable-

Bob put the usual chage of $5.65 and it normally takes about 6 days.

However this one took 7 weeks and it had the post date on it. 2 weeks later the same again from another source in new York $5.65 postage and it takes 8 weeks.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!