• Replies 24
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest lotusland

i have memory problems sometimes :thumbsup:

can somebody put me straight on this query please?

thumbsup.gif

there's a green label and a blue. someone told me that the mix/take was a bit different but i never heard the blue one.

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

I've had both in the past but I can't remember if same or different takes :thumbsup:

funny thing these memory problems - must be a virus goin round whistling.gif

i remember one version having like a hammond organ on the intro and the other being a more sparse production - but i also have a problem with imagineing things which don't exist sometimes!!!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

The blue label copy is a completely different take: it has piano as opposed to organ backing, group vocal backup and a different lead vocal. Much harder to find than the standard green label issue. There is another green label copy, on a slightly different logo (two black horizontal lines as well as the usual Gatur logo) which is backed with the very in-demand "I'm Having So Much Fun". Both this and the blue label copy are in a different league, rarity-wise, to the standard green label version backed with Funky Funky Twist. Hope this helps.

Social source share

The blue label copy is a completely different take: it has piano as opposed to organ backing, group vocal backup and a different lead vocal. Much harder to find than the standard green label issue. There is another green label copy, on a slightly different logo (two black horizontal lines as well as the usual Gatur logo) which is backed with the very in-demand "I'm Having So Much Fun". Both this and the blue label copy are in a different league, rarity-wise, to the standard green label version backed with Funky Funky Twist. Hope this helps.

I have both green and blue Gator's with FFT on the flip ohmy.gif . I always thought this was highly under-rated, and a great sound for today's more funkier edged northern

Social source share

dave and Bri pinches have both versions and ive listened to both...the Blue Gatur is a totally different mix and if you play back to back the blue label release does not even sound like willie Tee...is it him?????

any one who knows dave and bri Pinches will know they are Music (not just Soul) Gurus

and even they cant believe its willie tee on the Blue label Gatur voice does not sound right in fact putting any of Willies tracks along side the difference is plain to hear totally different tone pitch and warble

Geeoooordie

Social source share

dave and Bri pinches have both versions and ive listened to both...the Blue Gatur is a totally different mix and if you play back to back the blue label release does not even sound like willie Tee...is it him?????

any one who knows dave and bri Pinches will know they are Music (not just Soul) Gurus

and even they cant believe its willie tee on the Blue label Gatur voice does not sound right in fact putting any of Willies tracks along side the difference is plain to hear totally different tone pitch and warble

Geeoooordie

Interesting Geordie: I've just played the blue label version against the green one and I think you're right: it doesn't sound as if it's Willie himself. Perhaps it's his brother Earl. If it is Willie he doesn't seem to employ any of his stylistic characteristics, particularly his very distinctive use of the word "Baby".

Social source share

I love this as well Ted , though I don't have a clue what the record title actually means , can you help ? Is the copy of " fun " my old copy ? Best Wishes ,Eddie

Its "Hole Card". In the card game poker. A card which is dealt to the player face down so that no other player can see it.

Social source share

I love this as well Ted , though I don't have a clue what the record title actually means , can you help ? Is the copy of " fun " my old copy ? Best Wishes ,Eddie

Not sure who i got "Fun"it of might have been you got to admit to my shame have never played it out think i will put that right at Wolverhampton this saturday

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!