Ringleaders "all Of My Life" On M-pac

Guest woolie mark

Guest woolie mark

yes, i know it's a really cheesy record but i've always liked it and i want to finally get one for my collection - so please be kind :thumbsup:

must be a minter cos it's goin in the box and staying there

can somebody advise what formats are available for me too please? is there a demo? is it a real record (i've always been suspicious about it)?

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

yes, i know it's a really cheesy record but i've always liked it and i want to finally get one for my collection - so please be kind :thumbsup:

can somebody advise what formats are available for me too please? is there a demo? is it a real record (i've always been suspicious about it)?

thumbsup.gif

Hi there, it's not by The Ringleaders that was just the cover up name for the artist, it was actually found on a virtue studio acetate and believed to be by The Four Temples, the releases on MPac are bootlegs, I also seem to remember some kind of connection between The Four Temples and The Ringleaders. You say cheesey in my opinion there is nothing cheesey about this record it's an absolute gem of a tune.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

The Four Temples was the name of the group before they became the Ringleaders apparently. It was on the masters that Tim Brown got were the name The Four Temples came from.

Cheesy...never, top class Northern Soul!!!

:thumbsup: oops! looks like i may have been a bit indiscreet with the "cheesy" remark

however, please forgive me and try to understand that to me anything that came out before 1970 is considered "cheesy" whistling.gif:thumbsup:

so then it isn't a real record....it's a pressing - from the early eighties?

Social source share

:thumbsup: oops! looks like i may have been a bit indiscreet with the "cheesy" remark

however, please forgive me and try to understand that to me anything that came out before 1970 is considered "cheesy" whistling.gif:thumbsup:

Yes it's a real record it's just not a genuine release it was unreleased at the time it was recorded which I would estimate around 1967 - 1968, like chalky has mentioned The Ringleaders were called The Four Temples, I knew there was a connection. whats this about anything that came out before 1970 is cheesey where's that rediculous statement come from !!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Alan

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

whats this about anything that came out before 1970 is cheesey where's that rediculous statement come from !!!!!!!!!!!

they all sound the same to me mate :thumbsup:

it's meant to be a joke alan - i collect 70s and modern, but i've been buying loads of 60s again recently.....but i'm in denial about it

thanks for the advice thumbsup.gif

Social source share

The boot waas done a few years ago if memory serves me correctly.

well this did come out on uk as an anniversary disc - one of the old winsfords all nighters when Barry Holland ran it first..... so is an anniversay disc classed as a boot ???? interesting to know

depends if they had the legal rights to release the tracks, if not then they are boots.

Social source share

thumbsup.gif

Hi,if you pm funkyfeet on here I'm sure he can fix you up with a copy :thumbsup:

Social source share

The boot waas done a few years ago if memory serves me correctly.

depends if they had the legal rights to release the tracks, if not then they are boots.

Not to sure of this Chalky, but sure Barry said something about rights from BMI or something like that - this had Purple Mudi on the flip.

Social source share

I got 2 10" studio discs from John Anderson, in the early 80's, at the time he told me he had got them from the producer and they were the Ringleaders. Both discs had no label, but did have The Ringleaders written on the sleeves and not in John's hand writting. One had "Baby what has happened" with the un-released "Win you over" on the flip". The second had the un-released "All of my life" and a ballad (?) on the flip. I played both "All of my life" and "Win you over" at Stafford.

I kept these for about 5 years, then sold them back to John when I sold, my then, 60's collection to him. As far as I know he sold them on to a collector in the Kings Lynn area, I don't know now who has them. Someone latter told me that they also met the producer and he confirmed that The Four Temples were The Ringleaders and that these tracks were all recorded at the time of the name change, so hence the confusion.

As for the boots, I believe these were the work of Richie Rosen (think that's the right spelling), famed or natorious record dealer.

Hope that helps.

Dave

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Source Advert