Dennis Edwards - Johnnie On The Spot

Guest LambrettaBob

Guest LambrettaBob

Hello everyone.

I've got a standard copy (no white demo) of "Dennis Edwards - Johnnie on the spot/I didn't have to" on International Soulsville, and someone told me it might be worth a few pounds?

I've seen the demo go for loads of money on ebay, but this one can't possibly be worth that much... so my question is: does anybody know the approx value of this gem???

cheers

/Bob

Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest LambrettaBob

It was bootlegged on both the white demo & the black issue. I think you tell the difference buy the matix stamp that is only on the originals.

Oh I see.. well that's nothing unusual I suppose...

How would that matrix stamp look like??

/Bob

Social source share

Guest LambrettaBob

on the run out groove it may have a number either scratched or stamped there

ok, thanks.

the run out groove does have a number in it.. and the number is scratched.

Social source share

Guest LambrettaBob

The original has the matrix numbers stamped in with a wide but very small H or I depending on what way you look at it. Stamped in there is also a symbol that looks like a hat stamped in both sides.

Hope this helps

thanks a lot for all your help...sad to say my copy seems to be of the bootleg type frusty2.gif

but it's good to know that I can get answers from people who knows things like this!

cheers

Social source share

Earlier Quote - ''It was bootlegged on both the white demo & the black issue. I think you tell the difference buy the matix stamp that is only on the originals.''

An original issue of this record is NOT black, the label is infact a light beige colour and the label title

INTERNATIONAL SOULVILLE is in red - also very, very rare I know of only 2 copies in the country unless

anyone else knows otherwise.

I would rate the commoner demo's at £2000 ish (see popsike website)

add on perhaps a £1000 for an issue.

Social source share

Earlier Quote - ''It was bootlegged on both the white demo & the black issue. I think you tell the difference buy the matix stamp that is only on the originals.''

An original issue of this record is NOT black, the label is infact a light beige colour and the label title

INTERNATIONAL SOULVILLE is in red - also very, very rare I know of only 2 copies in the country unless

Sorry, my reply was misleading, I meant booted AS a WD & AS a black issue

Social source share

Am I the only person that thinks the B side is ten times better? huh.gif

No Steve I agree with you .First heard it when Sam Dropped it at an early soul essence along with stuff like the Locations Mr Diamond man.

The other side pales incomparison :D

Social source share

No Steve I agree with you .First heard it when Sam Dropped it at an early soul essence along with stuff like the Locations Mr Diamond man.

The other side pales incomparison :huh:

Yes.. "I Didn't Have To" is a helluva better tune Adam.

That said.... it's not exactly his best 45 is it?

(Although it is better than the crumby Locations).

Hope you're well mate.

:huh:

Sean

Social source share

Hammie,

Stock is DOG-RARE! I only know of one copy (ex Mick H's), is there another one?

Or you been on the wine again.

John

Social source share

I agree the flip is better. What about His version of I Like Every Thing About You, pure genius somtimes credited to the contours unissued. I will spin both these tunes next week in Yate(20 OCT). Will be posting details and recent playlists in events talk over the weekend.

So that's five of us that prefer the flip side - thank goodness for that!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!