Songs That Make You Sit Down

ChrisOD1964

not sure if this has been asked before. but you are at a soul night having a great laugh and a GOOD DANCE :lol: then it happens one record is played that makes you :lol: cringe,a record or artist that you dislike :lol: for whatever reason there`s got to be one or more. WHAT ARE THEY?? you don`t need to put the reason you dislike it IF YOU DON`T WANT TO..

chris :lol:

Social source share

• Replies 56
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

not sure if this has been asked before. but you are at a soul night having a great laugh and a GOOD DANCE :lol: then it happens one record is played that makes you :lol: cringe,a record or artist that you dislike :lol: for whatever reason there`s got to be one or more. WHAT ARE THEY?? you don`t need to put the reason you dislike it IF YOU DON`T WANT TO..

far too many to mention , but could make a start:-

Jackie Wilson - Because of You

Ace Spectrum - Don t Send Nobody Else

Larry Trider - Carbon Copy

Spencer Wiggins - Lets Talk It Over

....and so on

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

i,M sure i,ve passed this way b4--but here goes

Capreez--How to make a sad man glad

Billy Butler--The Right Track

French Fries--Dance a la Musique

Regards

T.C.

....and so on

Social source share

Guest vic-shot

If I could only be sure - Nolan Porter

Have to agree with this one and the Larry Trider,never liked either and would both have me rushing for my chair.Not that I dance to much anyway.

Social source share

Terry Callier - Ordinary Joe

Heaven in the afternoon (so unmemorable i've forgotten the artist)

Drizabone - Pressure

Any djs that play mainly modern & crossover

Any djs that play mainly R & B

Any djs that play unimaginative classics

Infact most records played by most current djs on the NS scene

I sit down a lot nowadays!

Simon :D

Social source share

Drizabone - Pressure

Simon :D

I thought your list would of been huge Simon but i like the way you shortened it,

Simon when you ask about a venue you should state that a very comfy chair is needed :lol:

i like to hear a few of the lesser favourable ones then that means you can take a rest from dancing and maybe get a drink in or a chat or even a wee wee,

tunes that instantly makes me want to sit down now is, anything Simon M plays :D

Social source share

[i like to hear a few of the lesser favourable ones then that means you can take a rest from dancing and maybe get a drink in or a chat or even a wee wee,

tunes that instantly makes me want to sit down now is, anything Simon M plays :D

It was like musical chairs when you played that Ernie and Ed mate :D:lol::thumbsup: what did pete-s say ?

cant wait for you to play the Jordan Brothers :ohmy::lol::lol:

at least i didnt have people rowing their boats like oops upside your head :(

seriously though, their aint much that i that bothered by when its played so its all about timing for me, if i want to or got to sit down i will unless its something very special.

Social source share

at least i didnt have people rowing their boats like oops upside your head :D

seriously though, their aint much that i that bothered by when its played so its all about timing for me, if i want to or got to sit down i will unless its something very special.

Have u got Phill Upchurch for Brigton Simon ?

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

....and so on

Havnt played carbon copy for a while, so i played it at our event, and up poped all the dancers, i later played Sam Williams - love slipped through my fingers, and they all found there chairs :D the dance floor was empty, and i mean no one on floor :D

Social source share

Havnt played carbon copy for a while, so i played it at our event, and up poped all the dancers, i later played Sam Williams - love slipped through my fingers, and they all found there chairs :D the dance floor was empty, and i mean no one on floor :ohmy:

its suprising sometimes what the majority do or dont want, at KSC a fair amount of 70/80s modern stuff got played and it went down really well then at the next one 2 months later Simon M came to play and did actually play some great modern tunes and not the real disco stuff he owns and the place was like a morge, i felt so sorry for him :D up the on that big stage trying his hardest to get the floor back but it just didnt happen so he even tried Alfie Davison but by that time it was too late and they was leaving in their droves (only to the toilet :lol: ) but luckily enough the next dj was in touch with the venue and saved the evening, it just goes to show how indifferent the same punters can be on a different night ,

lucky enough there is plenty of seating in that venue and the bar staff was plaesed as they was kept busy for an hour and it helped the night go faster for them :thumbsup:

Bearsy

Social source share

Havnt played carbon copy for a while, so i played it at our event, and up poped all the dancers, i later played Sam Williams - love slipped through my fingers, and they all found there chairs :Dthe dance floor was empty, and i mean no one on floor :D

where was that Pete?.

i find that hard to comprehend,overplayed or not,its one of the greatest Northern Soul records EVER.

Shame on anyone who was there and NOT dancing,,(imo)

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

where was that Pete?.

i find that hard to comprehend,overplayed or not,its one of the greatest Northern Soul records EVER.

Shame on anyone who was there and NOT dancing,,(imo)

It was at the carlton Club Deeside N Wales, it was our second do, and there was 100 plus people in, but there were alot of new faces in the club and they were dancing to r&b popcorn style of sounds.

And the one we did before that, they were dancing to the whole lot, soul, r&b, jamaican ska ect, and there was less people there. But there was a great buzz going on, friendly atmosphere ect.

Still a great night, and for free.

Pete

Social source share

not sure if this has been asked before. but you are at a soul night having a great laugh and a GOOD DANCE :D then it happens one record is played that makes you :lol: cringe,a record or artist that you dislike :thumbsup: for whatever reason there`s got to be one or more. WHAT ARE THEY?? you don`t need to put the reason you dislike it IF YOU DON`T WANT TO..

chris :D

Usually Soul Sam.......in the 70`s he was one of the finest Northern DJ`s on the planet (that was way before the drudgery of this "Nuvo Modern"crap) the man was just pierless and I still love him to bits, but call me a traditionalist....I just do not like his style of music nowadays.

Anon :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Billy Butler--The Right Track

Big sit down track this, also any early R&B (most R& cool.gif , it just sounds like crap rock & roll to me!!

Ste. :D

Social source share

Guest recordman

Drizabone - Pressure

Simon :D No you just moan a lot

Social source share

Guest soul99 easylay

not sure if this has been asked before. but you are at a soul night having a great laugh and a GOOD DANCE :ohmy: then it happens one record is played that makes you :D cringe,a record or artist that you dislike :P for whatever reason there`s got to be one or more. WHAT ARE THEY?? you don`t need to put the reason you dislike it IF YOU DON`T WANT TO..

Modern.......it's shite :lol:

Social source share

THe Pyramid. I've neve understood the appeal of that record.

:ohmy: funny you should say that tune, my mate phoned me up the other week and said all excited down the phone "you got to get a tune by soul brothers inc called Pyramid" i still aint stopped laughing about it now, fooking shite :lol:

Social source share

Guest rockcandy

not sure if this has been asked before. but you are at a soul night having a great laugh and a GOOD DANCE :unsure: then it happens one record is played that makes you :no: cringe,a record or artist that you dislike sleep3.gif for whatever reason there`s got to be one or more. WHAT ARE THEY?? you don`t need to put the reason you dislike it IF YOU DON`T WANT TO..

chris :ohmy:

Ketty Lester - Some things are better left unsaid, no idea why :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest kev such

Anything that sounds like it was probably first played in New York in the 70's and early 80's when people wore leg warmers and illuminus clothing to go dancing,and the girls, and probably some blokes were covered in glitter.

Oh yeah and tunes that sound like the artist went and shot him/herself once they had done the session, no matter how much the vinyl cost.

Regards

Kev(dont do modern) Such.

Social source share

sitting in the corner,barbara english,

sitting in my class,ronnie mc nair,

she just sits there,ralph graham,

and finally anything by CHAIRman of the board,

seriously one that imo has always keept me glued to my seat and fingers stuck in me earoles is the awful,danny monday,baby without you,what was that all about!!!

Social source share

Guest kev such

sitting in the corner,barbara english,

sitting in my class,ronnie mc nair,

she just sits there,ralph graham,

and finally anything by CHAIRman of the board,

seriously one that imo has always keept me glued to my seat and fingers stuck in me earoles is the awful,danny monday,baby without you,what was that all about!!!

See what a crazy mixed up world we soulies are part of. Mellers played Mr Monday at the Polish Club last year and the floor was full. Bonkers eh?

Kev.

Social source share

=============

Carbon Copy

Third window

The feeling is real

Fascinating girl

boring drivel

Social source share

:( my mate phoned me up the other week and said "you got to get a tune by soul brothers inc called Pyramid" i still aint stopped laughing about it now, fooking s.. :yes:

Soul Brother Inc.-Pyramid...Not a bad track, IMHO;been played at a 6Ts 'Do' :unsure:

....But, records to 'make me sit down':

any 'clanky' R&B track :g:

Billy Ocean-'Love really hurts without you'-YES!!!!, (aaaagh) :D

...and any track that does not appeal to me; and that is the important thing, 'cos 'SOUL' covers a lot of different tastes, and resulting sounds, and that's why the scene is so long-lived. :P

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

How on earth does Eddie Bishop 'Call me' qualify as soul? Awful supermarket aisle fodder. Shame on any and all that spin it.

Chris montez version, far better :P imo

Social source share

Soul Bros Inc - Pyramid I agree is total shite!!!

Youngblood Smith - You can Split......simply aweful!!..........Youngblood me old mate, who ever told you you could cut a track was taking the piss big time! :P and who ever wrote the music......stick to Sesame Street! wanker.gif

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest soul99 easylay

Youngblood Smith - You can Split......simply aweful!!..........Youngblood me old mate, who ever told you you could cut a track was taking the piss big time! :D and who ever wrote the music......stick to Sesame Street! wanker.gif

:unsure: I like it :thumbsup:

It aint that bad is it? :lol:

Social source share

:lol: funny you should say that tune, my mate phoned me up the other week and said all excited down the phone "you got to get a tune by soul brothers inc called Pyramid" i still aint stopped laughing about it now, fooking shite :D

Bearsy,Bearsy,Bearsy,,,,oh dear,ok you're entitled to your opinion,but this time yer wrong :unsure: .Soul Bros Inc + 100club a few years back(15?) = Heaven.

Please tell me you haven't only just heard Pyramid,or have i read the post wrong.

Your friendly friend,,KEV. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Soul Bros Inc - Pyramid I agree is total shite!!!

Youngblood Smith - You can Split......simply aweful!!..........Youngblood me old mate, who ever told you you could cut a track was taking the piss big time! :thumbsup: and who ever wrote the music......stick to Sesame Street! wanker.gif

Youngblood Smith is one of the greatest Northern dancers ever and Pyramid is one of the few 70's records that can be classed as brilliant...

Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

Bearsy,Bearsy,Bearsy,,,,oh dear,ok you're entitled to your opinion,but this time yer wrong :unsure: .Soul Bros Inc + 100club a few years back(15?) = Heaven.

Please tell me you haven't only just heard Pyramid,or have i read the post wrong.

Your friendly friend,,KEV. :thumbsup:

Consensus would disagree :lol:

Its shite

HTH :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert