Can't We Talk It Over

Ian J

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Looking for a copy of Larry Allen - Can't We Talk It Over. Must be great condition. Message me if you have one for sale.

Thanks

L ALLEN IS THE EASIER OF THE 2

LARRY ALLEN NEVER HAD ONE

GOT L ALLEN but not 4 sale sorry

tried to buy one once from Mudds mate in Leicester for 8-00

next time I talked to him ,he sold it for 12-00--------doahhhhh

Social source share

They are both the same record L & Larry so you would pay 200 more or so for an arry in a harry I bet.

I have been listening to this record recently trying to decipher it, if you listen to the piano bow bow pa pa da daaaa du du be do do do, but it sounds like chimes the bit at the start that repeats all the way through the record you then get the that shimmering organ, guitar and drums filling in, then with the 5 strikes of a triangle like some spooky ichie chant. Absolutely great.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

They are both the same record L & Larry so you would pay 200 more or so for an arry in a harry I bet.

I have been listening to this record recently trying to decipher it, if you listen to the piano bow bow pa pa da daaaa du du be do do do, but it sounds like chimes the bit at the start that repeats all the way through the record you then get the that shimmering organ, guitar and drums filling in, then with the 5 strikes of a triangle like some spooky ichie chant. Absolutely great.

but Larry was the first press and I prefer to play from first presses :shhh:

Social source share

you're sure? always thought it was the other way round, larry allen being much rarer tho...

yes, I´m quite sure. I bought one copy a couple of years ago from a record dealer out of Philadelphia, where Larry Allen was living that time. He wrote me that he´s meeting Larry from time to time to have lunch together and I asked him about the different presses and if Larry did some other stuff. After two weeks he got back to me and wrote that the Larry Allen press came as first followed by the L. Allen press short after that and that this record was the one only record Larry ever did. And the guy seemed to me to be very serious.

But you also can read about some more in There´s That Beat issue 3, page 14/15.......highly recommendable! (and still available, I guess......ask Dave Moore, on here in the forum)

Social source share

yes, I´m quite sure. I bought one copy a couple of years ago from a record dealer out of Philadelphia, where Larry Allen was living that time. He wrote me that he´s meeting Larry from time to time to have lunch together and I asked him about the different presses and if Larry did some other stuff. After two weeks he got back to me and wrote that the Larry Allen press came as first followed by the L. Allen press short after that and that this record was the one only record Larry ever did. And the guy seemed to me to be very serious.

But you also can read about some more in There´s That Beat issue 3, page 14/15.......highly recommendable! (and still available, I guess......ask Dave Moore, on here in the forum)

Hi Andreas,

Issue 3 - SOLD OUT!

Could you send me a scan at 300dpi of Jimmy Bo Horne - I Just Can't Speak - Dade to hitsville2648@earthlink.net please? It's fpr the write up on K&Q.

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

Yep a top tune

Indeed. :P

dont think so..there was a thread on here a few months ago, by all accounts they were all pressed at the same time, half as "l" and half as "larry"

Said to topic starter there was a thread a while back in Box, with talk of a trunk full of copies binned off by L Allen's manager after it failed to do anything.

Social source share

Source Advert