An Evening Of " Girls, Girls, Girls "

Something alittle different;

"Girls,Girls,Girls" a themed night of Girl Group & Female Vocals

quality 60s 70s classics, r&b, motown, underplayed & forgotten gems

"quality being the main format on the night"

the venue;

"The Atrium Room" City Club, Priestgate, Peterborough PE1 IJL

(will post up some pics and venue info later)

when;

1st August 8 til 12.30 (but can run til 1pm) then a different theme night every 6 weeks

entry fee £3 on the door

djs for the night;

guests; Dolly(dollynormal1) & Michelle(catfish)

residents; Russ Holley & Ray Mahoney

we have some great ideas for future nights, but any ideas or imput will be more than welcome.

also we will be looking for djs/collectors to suit each themed event.

i hope this event will be of some interest to you good soul folk, and we will guarantee a warm welcome

to faces old & new.

russ

for more info pm myself or ray, or russel.holley@btinternet.com/raymahoney@yahoo.com

Edited by russoul1
  • Replies 66
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the free entry tickets lads....Me & Mandy will be coming along,a deffo...

Youve got Dolly & Catfish on the decks,i tell you what when Dolly was a guest DJ at Letchworth she blew us away with her choice of tunes.......in saying that we will all be in for a treat with great tunes played by this very modest lady..

see ya on the night fellas & girls(DJs).

Toby..

Thanks for the free entry tickets lads....Me & Mandy will be coming along,a deffo...

Youve got Dolly & Catfish on the decks,i tell you what when Dolly was a guest DJ at Letchworth she blew us away with her choice of tunes.......in saying that we will all be in for a treat with great tunes played by this very modest lady..

Toby..

Edited by burysoul

Toby..

Now someone is muscling in on my act................I told you Mamsey Pamsey would catch on, now everyone's doing it :g:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Bit-Fun...sey#entry786975

QMPxx

Edited by chrissie

Now someone is muscling in on my act................I told you Mamsey Pamsey would catch on, now everyone's doing it

QMPxx

I would'nt say that these girls were playing out long before you my dear :thumbup: .To be honest Dolly has a collection most people would die for........and its NOT mamsy Pamsy like the old tosh you play out :g: .

And before you ask NO we cant take you to this event,you'd only be in the corner scribbling down titles etc :rolleyes: .

I would'nt say that these girls were playing out long before you my dear :thumbup: .To be honest Dolly has a collection most people would die for........and its NOT mamsy Pamsy like the old tosh you play out :g: .

And before you ask NO we cant take you to this event,you'd only be in the corner scribbling down titles etc :rolleyes: .

I certainly wasn't referring to the DJs but to playing all girl sets and only having a joke :g:

And yest I probably would be scribbling down titles to extend the ever growing Mamsey Pamsey collection :sleep3:

QMPxx

mamsey pamsey lol, forgot about this thread just took a look and yes im led to believe that a few

of the top 100 could be in evidence on the night even the current top 20.

regards

russ

I didn't have a clue what this Mamsey thing was about when I first read this thread, First thoughts was that it was some soul version of Andy Pandy listen & learn with Mother wink.gifwink.gif

What about a new list featuring little women with big Bollox ? I mean mamsey's that make Johnny Sayles sound like Val Doonican . :g:

Have these Val...... :D

Little jewell "I want to"

Belita Woods "grounded"

Dorothy Berry "shindig City"

I'm looking forward to doing this girlie vocals only night as its something I ain't done before.

I'm also hoping to be taking a few notes of my own, when I get my sales box out :D

Dolly :D

Guest MattB

Just got back to peterborough and it's been absolutely ages since i've been out here, really really looking forward to this. After knowing Russ for a while it will be great to hear some of his gems played out in a nice smart venue with a good soundsystem, If your interested in coming to something different make your way down to this, im sure you will hear alot that you dont anywhere else in the area, be prepared to be refreshed, hope to see you down there.

Matt

Just got back to peterborough and it's been absolutely ages since i've been out here, really really looking forward to this. After knowing Russ for a while it will be great to hear some of his gems played out in a nice smart venue with a good soundsystem, If your interested in coming to something different make your way down to this, im sure you will hear alot that you dont anywhere else in the area, be prepared to be refreshed, hope to see you down there.

Matt

Hi matt nice to have you back home cya there next Friday, should be a good one.

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Guest Catfish

I didn't have a clue what this Mamsey thing was about when I first read this thread, First thoughts was that it was some soul version of Andy Pandy listen & learn with Mother :lol::no:

What about a new list featuring little women with big Bollox ? I mean mamsey's that make Johnny Sayles sound like Val Doonican . :lol:

Have these Val...... :lol:

Belita Woods "grounded"

I'm looking forward to doing this girlie vocals only night as its something I ain't done before.

I'm also hoping to be taking a few notes of my own, when I get my sales box out :thumbsup:

Dolly :lol:

Yep I was a bit baffled by this thread also.. :lol:

I'm also very much looking forward to this as, apart from a set for Warren a couple of months back, I haven't played my records out for about three years. I haven't worked out my percentage of 'top 100' (whose, exactly?)records lately, but quite understandably he wanted to check I wasn't bringing a box of suspect pressings, which speaks for itself regarding the quality of music expected on the night. This is what I sent .. cut and pasted for convenience.

And KELLEE PATTERSON! I'm gonna love you JUST A LITTLE MORE BABY!!! MMmm MMM! :shades:

It looks like being an exciting night- come along and have your ears caressed by the melted chocolate of the goddesses of soul.

(Just got back from Rimini, still in holiday mode!)

Michele

xx

Edited by Catfish

Yep I was a bit baffled by this thread also.. :lol:

I'm also very much looking forward to this as, apart from a set for Warren a couple of months back, I haven't played my records out for about three years. I haven't worked out my percentage of 'top 100' (whose, exactly?)records lately, but quite understandably he wanted to check I wasn't bringing a box of suspect pressings, which speaks for itself regarding the quality of music expected on the night. This is what I sent .. cut and pasted for convenience.

And KELLEE PATTERSON! I'm gonna love you JUST A LITTLE MORE BABY!!! MMmm MMM! :thumbsup:

It looks like being an exciting night- come along and have your ears caressed by the melted chocolate of the goddesses of soul.

Michele

xx

liking the sound of this one! If you want someone to hold your records :shades: ,i'm yer man.

Good luck with the nite Russ, and the Girls :lol: .

Edited by KevH
Guest Catfish

liking the sound of this one! If you want someone to hold your records :rolleyes: ,i'm yer man.

Good luck with the nite Russ, and the Girls :rolleyes: .

Ahh Kev there's an offer no-one could refuse.. what a charmer! (Good edit by the way.)

Not coming along then? 'Good luck' sounds very much like you won't be there. Hope I am wrong.

You can polish them for me as well if you like :ohmy:

Ahh Kev there's an offer no-one could refuse.. what a charmer! (Good edit by the way.)

Not coming along then? 'Good luck' sounds very much like you won't be there. Hope I am wrong.

You can polish them for me as well if you like :unsure: ...oooh madam!!!!

It's starting to sound like the Double entrendre's thread so i've cleaned it up !!.

Would love to come,but its on set-up nite for us ,so may not be able to make it :ohmy: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,KEV. :rolleyes:

Edited by KevH

I didn't have a clue what this Mamsey thing was about when I first read this thread, First thoughts was that it was some soul version of Andy Pandy listen & learn with Mother wink.gifwink.gif

What about a new list featuring little women with big Bollox ? I mean mamsey's that make Johnny Sayles sound like Val Doonican . :thumbup:

Have these Val...... laugh.gif

Belita Woods "grounded"

Me n the girlies hoping to make this too (in line with the general female theme) Good to see you at Stoke Dolly (last time I saw you was with Linda in Rimini....years ago!) Should be a guudun (Russ has some great tunes but I'm not quite sure where he fits in with the "all girl" theme! ohmy.gifrolleyes.giftongue.gif )

Gail x

Edited by Delasoul

Me n the girlies hoping to make this too (in line with the general female theme) Good to see you at Stoke Dolly (last time I saw you was with Linda in Rimini....years ago!) Should be a guudun (Russ has some great tunes but I'm not quite sure where he fits in with the "all girl" theme! ohmy.gif:rolleyes::lol: )

Gail x

i know this is a female vocals only night but its starting to sound like a hen party lol

and before anyone asks im not stripping, let alone trying to get ray undoing that top button!!!

i know this is a female vocals only night but its starting to sound like a hen party lol

and before anyone asks im not stripping, let alone trying to get ray undoing that top button!!!

Oh didnt you know Russ? Its girls only....you n Ray are barred! (so better get your wigs n fake boobs sorted quick! :lol: )

Errrr,only oking obviously mate (wouldnt want to miss out on my free entry ticket now would I? :lol: )

Edited by Delasoul
Guest MattB

After having a good crack last night down at the city club im even more excited about this night, the set up for the room and the soundsystem is really nice and Russels been picking up some very very nice records along with the ones i've been dribbling over for the last however long!!

Ha. All jokes aside this should be the first of many themed nights which will give people in peterborough a taste of music that they may not have heard before and still make them want to dance, really looking forward to the guest DJ's too.

GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS it is.

Matt

After having a good crack last night down at the city club im even more excited about this night, the set up for the room and the soundsystem is really nice and Russels been picking up some very very nice records along with the ones i've been dribbling over for the last however long!!

Ha. All jokes aside this should be the first of many themed nights which will give people in peterborough a taste of music that they may not have heard before and still make them want to dance, really looking forward to the guest DJ's too.

GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS it is.

Matt

morning matt, yes was a laugh lastnight especailly the contrast from 60s 70s soul music to

hard house grunge shite the young lad had it all!! yes as you have said that room and system is just

right for this coming event and it suprises me that no one as taken advantage of it since steve jay

had his modern do in there. am waiting for ray to make a appearance on here he has some pics of

the venue, and as like lastnight, being a warm evening you could sit outside in the courtyard area

and still enjoy the music.

will be good to see some of the younger soulies at this event like yourself, jamie etc willing to learn

the way we did when we were your age! shows the scene is very much alive in peterborough.

russ

Thanks Russ for keeping this thread "warm" for me to finally put up a posting. Some photos of 'The City' and the 'Atrium Room' where we will be holding our first 'Theme' night "Girls, Girls, Girls". I am really pleased that we have secured bookings from Michelle (Catfish) and Dolly (Dollynormal1)and looking forward to what they will play for us.

Just to clarify also, that we will be playing a mix of Soul:- 60's-70's +, Classics, Motown, Underplayed, Top500, Forgotten Oldies etc... etc.. whatever sounds fresh and interesting on the night as long as (for this particular night) each record played is either a female vocal or girl group sound. Quality being key - Simple!

post-7608-1217094351_thumb.jpg

post-7608-1217094404_thumb.jpg

post-7608-1217094461_thumb.jpg

Edited by Raym

Thanks Russ for keeping this thread "warm" for me to finally put up a posting. Some photos of 'The City' and the 'Atrium Room' where we will be holding our first 'Theme' night "Girls, Girls, Girls". I am really pleased that we have secured bookings from Michelle (Catfish) and Dolly (Dollynormal1)and looking forward to what they will play for us.

Just to clarify also, that we will be playing a mix of Soul:- 60's-70's +, Classics, Motown, Underplayed, Top500, Forgotten Oldies etc... etc.. whatever sounds fresh and interesting on the night as long as (for this particular night) each record played is either a female vocal or girl group sound. Quality being key - Simple!

if its quality me, Kev, Josh, Brian, wabb and JohnnyBoy will deffo be there, need to leave at 10pm as were going to ebs for a PUFC football doo.

Looks like it could be a packer Ray.

Funnily enough I didn't think I'd be able to make this one due to family commitments but the father in law looks like he'll be coming to stay the weekend after so I should be there. Anyone else from London going so I can share the PETROL coz I don't think I'd be able to afford to come back :lol::thumbsup: .

Warren

I didn't have a clue what this Mamsey thing was about when I first read this thread, First thoughts was that it was some soul version of Andy Pandy listen & learn with Mother :lol::lol:

What about a new list featuring little women with big Bollox ? I mean mamsey's that make Johnny Sayles sound like Val Doonican . :D

Have these Val...... :lol:

Belita Woods "grounded"

I'm also hoping to be taking a few notes of my own, when I get my sales box out :thumbsup:

Dolly thumbsup.gif

Can i come? :lol::)

Guest Andy Kempster

hi mate, me and lauren arent going to be able to make this as we have my mates dads 60th to attend (for attend read 'get smashed at'), sure it'll go fine looks like a lot of interest

Funnily enough I didn't think I'd be able to make this one due to family commitments but the father in law looks like he'll be coming to stay the weekend after so I should be there. Anyone else from London going so I can share the PETROL coz I don't think I'd be able to afford to come back :lol:ranting_1.gif .

Warren

Someone share the Petrol costs with Warren - only last time he came down to Peterborough he was here for weeks - until we had a whip round to get him enough petrol to get back home! :lol:

Guest Mrs Simsy

Looks like it'll be a cracking night! :lol:

Would have liked to have come along but my friends jumping ship and moving to that there London so i'll be waving her off from the pub! Will try to get to the next one though! thumbsup.gif

Have a good night all! :lol:

Hope the little plug on last nights show helps in some small way, sounds like it could be a belting night.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

again thanks mark for the plug, did send you a pm to thank you, aswell as your "eaton socom"

competition winner dave fleming which should have been "eaton socon" :D just cant get the staff

nowadays!! lol.

regards

russ

Nice to catch up with you at Spalding on friday Ray ,were gonna be over,really enjoyed Dollys selections at Letchworth the other month ,a top night for you ,Im sure this will be!!

SIGNATUREJPEG.jpg

Nice to catch up with you at Spalding on friday Ray ,were gonna be over,really enjoyed Dollys selections at Letchworth the other month ,a top night for you ,Im sure this will be!!

SIGNATUREJPEG.jpg

hiya steve, be good to see ya i hope it doesnt bring back any bad memories lol, you know that i supported you n kev over what happened and it always suprised me that no one else as taken avantage

of the "atrium room" as imo its so right for a soul night

regards

russ

Yep I was a bit baffled by this thread also.. :huh:

And KELLEE PATTERSON! I'm gonna love you JUST A LITTLE MORE BABY!!! MMmm MMM! :rolleyes:

Michele

xx

Hi Michele

Only a few days to go.. I do hope this nervous twitch I've developed goes by friday blink.gif:huh:

Lookin forward to meeting you.

Dolly :D

post-7608-1217326667_thumb.jpg

post-7608-1217326687_thumb.jpg

post-7608-1217326702_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the interest on this thread and the various PM's, Email, Texts, Calls etc.. A couple of more photo's of the 'City'.

The 'City' is a magnificent building in the heart/centre of Peterborough - 2 mins walk from the Railway station. If arriving by car please watch out with your parking i.e. do not park behind the 'City' in the Barclays Bank area as you will be easy pickings for the car clampers!! - instead park down the road just past 'Ask' restuarant & bar.

The Weather forecast for Friday is gonna be 22degrees Warm and Sunny - so should be able to make use of the enclosed private patio & smoking area (in the photo's above) and still listen to the music!

Postal code for the venue is PE1 1JL

Dont forget it's a mere £3 OTD to get in (unless you have one of our 'golden tickets')

Guest Catfish

Hi Michele

Only a few days to go.. I do hope this nervous twitch I've developed goes by friday :D:lol:

Lookin forward to meeting you.

Dolly :lol:

Hi Dolly,

Yes looking forward to seeing you too, and hearing your records. We can also pretend we're meeting for the first time, if you wish. :lol:

Michele

x

Edited by Catfish
Guest StefMalajny

Now that Russ is my buddy and of course Ray is my neighbour and me old muckers Coops and Paul are going then cant wait to go down.

If weather holds out it is the perfect venue with the lovely courtyard also the dance floor in the Atrium is top quality.

Looking forward to it and will spin out info to all my contacts

Stef

Now that Russ is my buddy and of course Ray is my neighbour and me old muckers Coops and Paul are going then cant wait to go down.

If weather holds out it is the perfect venue with the lovely courtyard also the dance floor in the Atrium is top quality.

Looking forward to it and will spin out info to all my contacts

Stef

cricky first i thought we were having a hen party, now it seems a friends reunited evening!!

anyway steff, coops, etc your all welcome at the end of the day its about the music what

really counts and not the past.

be good to see you all and steff, please dont bring any bloody pizzas :lol:

russ

Who else is comming then?

Rumour has it we have a cross-dresser due in from the Mansfield area who's gonna make an appearance?

Pink sparkly dresses and slingbacks rule ok!

Before the rumours start I'd like to categorically state that it isnt me :ohmy: And no I wont be revealing the actual person unless of course I recieve an offer I cant refuse :lol:

Seriously, wont be able to make this one but will definately try to make the next one, have a great night

All the best :thumbsup:

Someone share the Petrol costs with Warren - only last time he came down to Peterborough he was here for weeks - until we had a whip round to get him enough petrol to get back home! :thumbsup:

Yeah, but I bought the ice creams didn't I. I'm actually working in Stevenage on Friday so I'll not be coming from London but if anyone wants a lift back I'd offer my taxi services. Anyway, it'll be a pleasure supporting me old mucka Michelle. See you Friday.

Warren

Yeah, but I bought the ice creams didn't I. I'm actually working in Stevenage on Friday so I'll not be coming from London but if anyone wants a lift back I'd offer my taxi services. Anyway, it'll be a pleasure supporting me old mucka Michelle. See you Friday.

Warren

Warren you could always call in for a bevy before you go to P'boro,Letchworth is only 6 miles north on the A1M,and me and Mandy are going up to P'Boro in any case.

Toby..

Guest Catfish

Warren

Hey Warren.

Be great to see you there. You / you and Karen are both very welcome to stay at mine, so you can have a drink as I'm driving. If it's just you that's fine too- I know people won't gossip as we've known each other a long time :unsure:

You & K have put me up before after all- be nice to return favour.. proper bed of course!

M

Guest Catfish

BTW I am lookingto putting some faces to names from my local area so don't let me hide on the dancefloor cause I can be shy.. will try to have chat, want to get to know people! I don't bite (unless you really want me to)

Michele

x

Hi 'Russ 'n' Ray' (Sounds catchy!)

As you know I'm away for your opening night but will try and support this new venture of yours as long as Nina don't 'pop' yet! - Still got your tapes from the early 90's Ray - Quality!!! Quality!!! Quality!!!

Len.

THIS POST HAS BEEN, CHECKED, DOUBLE CHECKED AND TREBLE CHECKED...IF YOU ARE IN ANY WAY OFFENDED BY IT...F*CK OFF! NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU!!! (WITHOUT PREJUDICE)

Hi 'Russ 'n' Ray' (Sounds catchy!)

As you know I'm away for your opening night but will try and support this new venture of yours as long as Nina don't 'pop' yet! - Still got your tapes from the early 90's Ray - Quality!!! Quality!!! Quality!!!

Len.

THIS POST HAS BEEN, CHECKED, DOUBLE CHECKED AND TREBLE CHECKED...IF YOU ARE IN ANY WAY OFFENDED BY IT...F*CK OFF! NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU!!! (WITHOUT PREJUDICE)

Hi Len,

Glad to hear Nina and yourself are ok. Shame you cant make the first night. Book up for the next ones though - Sept 12, Oct 3, Nov 28.

Good to hear you still got them old tapes of mine from the early 90's - "Breaks" etc.. those were the days eh!

Cheers, Ray

Edited by Raym
Guest StefMalajny

.ExternalClass DIV{;}Will be there !

Best K

----- Original Message ----

To: keith hammond

Sent: Wednesday, 30 July, 2008 10:34:12 AM

Subject: City Club

You know its gathering pace when the memorabilia men are coming down

BTW I am lookingto putting some faces to names from my local area so don't let me hide on the dancefloor cause I can be shy.. will try to have chat, want to get to know people! I don't bite (unless you really want me to)

Michele

x

mmmmmmm.........

Source Advert